April Fools Day

Thread: April Fools Day

April Fools Day

This my friends was no april fools to be laughing about. Old guy pulled out, i slammed on brakes with probably about 100 feet til the car. Layed bike down and hoped to god that i got far enough away from the bike that i didn't hit the car. I went down at around 80-90ish. Luckily i missed the car by meer inches. Ended up walking away with a little road rash. None had i been wearing leathers instead of my scorpion mesh jacket. It's been written off and the 04 RC51 is not sitting in the garage with money in the bank. REMEMBER: Always wear leathers. I learned the hard way, although i would barely call it much road rash!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 102_1452.jpg   102_1456.jpg  

Re: April Fools Day

Oh yeah. It was at Simcoe Road North and Little Britain Road near Little Britain. And it was an 08 1000rr.

glad your okay man..

Riding alone? Look my profile up for our FB link to join us for rides!

That should buff out !
    All kidding aside, glad your OK

glad to hear your okay.
    just wondering tho, were you wearing full leathers, or just a jacket?
    "It's not who you are that's stopping you;
    It's who you think you're not."

Ride: 2009 Special Edition Ninja 250

I wasn't wearing full leathers, not even a leather jacket. It was warm out so i decided to wear my scorpion mesh riding jacket. It held up VERY good for the speed i hit the ground at and the subsequent small road rash i got. I was also just wearing $15 wrangler jeans. Which i made a joke to the ambulance attendant that i now have a pair of stylish jeans that have that preworn look when you buy the. I had some leather gloves on, helmet and an icon backpack. Pack was fine, helmet didn't even have a scratch on it but sent it to insurance cause i wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it again. Gloves only wore down a bit at the stitching. Jacket had holes on the left forearm but held up enough to onl cause me some minor rash. All in all i got VERY lucky. The picture of my crash made it into a lindsay paper.

Quote Originally Posted by brettmvh View Post
    I wasn't wearing full leathers, not even a leather jacket. It was warm out so i decided to wear my scorpion mesh riding jacket. It held up VERY good for the speed i hit the ground at and the subsequent small road rash i got. I was also just wearing $15 wrangler jeans. Which i made a joke to the ambulance attendant that i now have a pair of stylish jeans that have that preworn look when you buy the. I had some leather gloves on, helmet and an icon backpack. Pack was fine, helmet didn't even have a scratch on it but sent it to insurance cause i wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it again. Gloves only wore down a bit at the stitching. Jacket had holes on the left forearm but held up enough to onl cause me some minor rash. All in all i got VERY lucky. The picture of my crash made it into a lindsay paper.
    glad you wer'nt badly hurt.. just imagine if you were t-shirt/jeans that day like a lot of people do...

Funny thing, but at the same time not that funny. While i was in the meat wagon on the way to the hospital so i could clean out my own road rash we saw 3 bikers going towards the accident all of which were wearing jeans, tshirt and shoes and the most. I think once they see that accident scene they'll think twice. i know for one that i will never wear anything less than leather jacket, racing style boots, gloves, helmet and jeans. EVER!