Insurance for a Triumph Spint ST

Thread: Insurance for a Triumph Spint ST

Insurance for a Triumph Spint ST

Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone with personal experience could recommend a specific insurance company to insure a Sprint ST? Are they classified as as sport tourer?

Thanks in advance!

Ren
    2009 Sprint ST 1050

Re: Insurance for a Triumph Spint ST

Sport Tourer? Yes.

I pay about $1050 full coverage for mine.

Try your primary insurer first. If they go you a hard time because it's a sport tourer ask for an Underwriting exception.

Thanks,

I am not familiar with what an underwriting exception is? Tried google but couldn't get a clear answer

Ren
    2009 Sprint ST 1050

Quote Originally Posted by merauder69 View Post
    Thanks,

I am not familiar with what an underwriting exception is? Tried google but couldn't get a clear answer
    I don't know what it is either, but it sounds like it's just a fancy way of saying "Oh........come ON!" to the insurer.

"Pretty please with sugar on top?"

Sounds too easy

Ren
    2009 Sprint ST 1050

Effectively it is a "pretty please" but it's best phrased like this.

1) I am mature rider with a good clean driving record
    2) Many years licensed with a motorcycle license
    3) No at fault accidents
    4) Lot's of support business i.e. house, car already pay $5000/year in premiums forcars, home etc....it would be shame to lose me to another insurer who is willing to take my motorcycle.

So, c'mon pretty please make an exception Mr. Insurance company XYZ and insure my sport tourer.

Well my quote from Jevco classified the bike as a SuperSport. So it was at over $4000 per year (clean driving record and am 34 years old!). So I don't think any amount of sweet talking will help with that. I need to shop around a bit I suppose or settle for a different bike.

Thanks
    Ren

Ren
    2009 Sprint ST 1050

Well my quote from Jevco classified the bike as a SuperSport. So it was at over $4000 per year (clean driving record and am 34 years old!). So I don't think any amount of sweet talking will help with that. I need to shop around a bit I suppose or settle for a different bike.

Thanks
    Ren
    It would be difficult to get an underwrting exception with Jevco because all they pretty much write is bikes and maybe non-standard auto since they took over Kingsway. You won't be able to argue that they would be losing other lines of business if they lost you as a customer.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

My bike (Daytona 675) is with TD/Meloche Monnex, they were the only agency to insure it. Statefarm wanted 5 years of driving experience which I don't have and other quotes I got were beyond 4 K. TD gave me $2,600.

Good luck in your search.

Try Primmum from TD.

Thanks guys will try TD next.

Statefarm was $2200 which is better, but still more than I was willing to pay, though if I bundle my auto/home it does drop to $1200 but my auto/home goes up by over $400 over current company.

Platinum Cycye: Who do you insure through?

Ren
    2009 Sprint ST 1050

Thanks guys will try TD next.

Statefarm was $2200 which is better, but still more than I was willing to pay, though if I bundle my auto/home it does drop to $1200 but my auto/home goes up by over $400 over current company.

Platinum Cycye: Who do you insure through?
    If you have to spend $400 to save $1000, then it would make sense to bundle in your case.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Blue View Post
    My bike (Daytona 675) is with TD/Meloche Monnex, they were the only agency to insure it. Statefarm wanted 5 years of driving experience which I don't have and other quotes I got were beyond 4 K. TD gave me $2,600.

Good luck in your search.
    I switched to Meloche this year and am paying under $800 for my Daytona 675. I'm 48 with a clean driving record. Only knock against me is lack of motorcycle insurance over the past few years. I paid $1,200 with Primmum last year, and this year saved big as meloche rated me as having prior insurance.

Let me know what they quote you. Was looking at the ST and thought insurance would have been less (even though it is bigger displacement).