Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with turning my 07 R6 into TRACK only bike

Re: Help with turning my 07 R6 into TRACK only bike

Quote Originally Posted by HBHarrison View Post
    Wheres that?
    National Bank‎
    1201 Britannia Road West, Mississauga, ON L5V 1N2
    (905) 858-2390‎

They have lots of branches, but thats where I went when I needed to fix the same problem that youre experiencing.

BTW If this works out for you, I like Bud and Canadian, but in your case I'm willing to accept Brava. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zed-X-Rex View Post
    BTW If this works out for you, I like Bud and Canadian, but in your case I'm willing to accept Brava. Good luck.

Ah....the beer of summer.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

it would be less of a hastle to buy a used track bike for $3,000 that's already done up with a box of spares......

Or just sell it and buy a track bike (you could get a nice one for the $6-7K you sell yours for). Don't forget - we all know its been tracked and stunted
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Declan Gunn View Post
    it would be less of a hastle to buy a used track bike for $3,000 that's already done up with a box of spares......

Or just sell it and buy a track bike (you could get a nice one for the $6-7K you sell yours for). Don't forget - we all know its been tracked and stunted
    Im not a liar, im the most honest bloke out there lol
    2007 R6
    Mods

MJSperformance header, BMC street filter, PCIII, Custom Dyno tuned map(108hp), GYTR slip on, 520 conversion (-1 +2 Vortex Sprockets, RK Gold Chain) Ohlins Steering Damper, Puig black racing screen, DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, frame sliders, Clear Stomp grip, GYTR seat cowl, gold Pazzo racing levers, gold bar ends, Yamaha Graves replica decal kit, Pivot FX license bracket, Fender eliminator, Integrated tail lights, Flush mounts, Silver mirror block off plates, Gold rim tape

I don't wanna ride street anymore. Its ...how can i say this...boring... and gets me into trouble. Im already going to court for careless driving on Wednesday. I cant get a line of credit... i could try but... im almost %100 sure it will be denied...again. I have over $18,000 in CC debt an others.

So whyd you buy a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    So whyd you buy a bike?
    i bought the bike, and my CCs were no where near the limit they are at now. I bought my 07 brand new in 2007. I went stupid that year and up until now. Blew alot on random dumb imature items. You live and learn
    2007 R6
    Mods

MJSperformance header, BMC street filter, PCIII, Custom Dyno tuned map(108hp), GYTR slip on, 520 conversion (-1 +2 Vortex Sprockets, RK Gold Chain) Ohlins Steering Damper, Puig black racing screen, DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, frame sliders, Clear Stomp grip, GYTR seat cowl, gold Pazzo racing levers, gold bar ends, Yamaha Graves replica decal kit, Pivot FX license bracket, Fender eliminator, Integrated tail lights, Flush mounts, Silver mirror block off plates, Gold rim tape

you bought at 2007 bike in 2007 and now its 2010 and you STILL owe $9600?
    what the hell type of payment plan did you have?

The sales man must have had a field day with you when you bought the bike...
    whats your interest rate? monthly payment?

You're SOL sadly.. you can try to get a short-term loan, sell the bike for what its worth, pay off the lien, and pay down what remains on your short-term loan.

You should have really done your research before buying something you couldn't afford. I don't care how much you "wanted" a bike... that was a really stupid decession. Make sure your wife/ girlfriend is better at financial planning than you are....

PS - trying to convert it to a track bike doesn't make any sense either... not sure how you thought you were going to help yourself doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    you bought at 2007 bike in 2007 and now its 2010 and you STILL owe $9600?
    what the hell type of payment plan did you have?

The sales man must have had a field day with you when you bought the bike...
    whats your interest rate? monthly payment?

You're SOL sadly.. you can try to get a short-term loan, sell the bike for what its worth, pay off the lien, and pay down what remains on your short-term loan.

You should have really done your research before buying something you couldn't afford. I don't care how much you "wanted" a bike... that was a really stupid decession. Make sure your wife/ girlfriend is better at financial planning than you are....

PS - trying to convert it to a track bike doesn't make any sense either... not sure how you thought you were going to help yourself doing that
    I was stupid. I admit it. I know. I learn from my mistakes
    2007 R6
    Mods

I was stupid. I admit it. I know. I learn from my mistakes
    Trying to understand why you would even still consider riding track only. It's not cheap by any means (factoring in getting your bike to the track, trackday fees, repairs, etc). Best bet is to get rid of the bike, get a second job to pay off your debt, and buy a used track prepped bike years later when you can actually afford one.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimesf4i View Post
    Trying to understand why you would even still consider riding track only. It's not cheap by any means (factoring in getting your bike to the track, trackday fees, repairs, etc). Best bet is to get rid of the bike, get a second job to pay off your debt, and buy a used track prepped bike years later when you can actually afford one.
    That is exactly what im doing now. Bye BYe bike
    2007 R6
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Krimesf4i View Post
    I think we got a winner
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I think we got a winner
    Nominated for thread of the year 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My neurosurgeon said "If I had 9 lives, I've used up 8"... when I showed up to one of my post accident follow up appointments on my new bike, he looked at it out the window and said "Remember, what I told you about your 9 lives? ... that'll use up the last one!"

Dude, you seriously need to get yourself in to see your bank guy and consolidate all of your debt(bike loan, credit cards etc) so you only have one payment to worry about. It's way easier to manage that way and you can negotiate a better interest rate, especially now with interest rates being on the low side. Do it soon before they go up, there have been rumblings about them going up in the near future.

With credit cards you are probably paying anywhere between 18-28% interest depending on the card(unless you got lucky with a low rate card but doubtful). And your bike loan is probably between 8-10%, maybe lower, maybe higher just guesstimating. For comparison my line of credit I think(I don't have a balance on it so haven't looked at it lately) is between 5-6% interest. So right away you are saving yourself a good chunk of change in interest alone, which can and should be applied to your principle to get it paid down quicker. And with a line of credit you can throw payments at it any time you want so any time you have some extra cash you can throw it on there. Not sure if you can always do that with car loans and such, sometimes you are stuck with their payment terms.

Once you get everything over to your Line of Credit, you can sell the bike(no more lien) and put that money onto your LOC.

If you have no other major expenses and a half decent paying job it shouldn't be too hard to get this paid off in a fairly short time if you are responsible with it.

Hope that helps!

What happend to practicing wheelies?

That is exactly what im doing now. Bye BYe bike
    so what's the verdict, are you going to quit riding altogether?
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

The verdict is no good. No more riding for a couple years. I have tried 4 different times and 3 different banks for LOC or Consolidation loan's. Have already got my CC's to %11 an still paying out of the wa zoo. After talking to a financial adviser, and going over the 12+ years it would take of putting EVERY CENT i earned to get out of this mess... we decided that i would declare bankruptcy. As for i lost 15 hours a week at work, and not even making it by (to be honest) Its the best option for me. Since im such in the hole, have no real assets an my credit is piss to begin with... a fresh start is what we decided would be in my best interest. CC ($18,000+) is what got me into trouble in the first place. Same with my finance of my 2007 R6 (in 07 i just said where do i sign? at a $14,000 7 year deal with %28 interest would be sweet) I was young (er) an stupid. I have to get back on track with y financial situation and grow the F up. My priorities have been fixed and now only looking forward to a fresh start.

And yes... i KNOW all the bad things that come with declaring bankruptcy an such... and blah blah blah. I don't wanna hear it, i have said it way to much lately. Look into it yourself, research it, go talk to someone who has done it. So if your just replying to rant about the negatives, don't bother.
    2007 R6
    Mods

The verdict is no good. No more riding for a couple years. I have tried 4 different times and 3 different banks for LOC or Consolidation loan's. Have already got my CC's to %11 an still paying out of the wa zoo. After talking to a financial adviser, and going over the 12+ years it would take of putting EVERY CENT i earned to get out of this mess... we decided that i would declare bankruptcy. As for i lost 15 hours a week at work, and not even making it by (to be honest) Its the best option for me. Since im such in the hole, have no real assets an my credit is piss to begin with... a fresh start is what we decided would be in my best interest. CC ($18,000+) is what got me into trouble in the first place. Same with my finance of my 2007 R6 (in 07 i just said where do i sign? at a $14,000 7 year deal with %28 interest would be sweet) I was young (er) an stupid. I have to get back on track with y financial situation and grow the F up. My priorities have been fixed and now only looking forward to a fresh start.

And yes... i KNOW all the bad things that come with declaring bankruptcy an such... and blah blah blah. I don't wanna hear it, i have said it way to much lately. Look into it yourself, research it, go talk to someone who has done it. So if your just replying to rant about the negatives, don't bother.
    Glad you're making decisions, right or wrong, decisions keep things moving.

If you need help replacing your mods with stock parts, let me know. I have the exact same bike, stock.
    Last edited by moosio; 05-06-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Grind out the VIN, paint the fairings, hide the bike at a friend's house.
    THEN declare bankruptcy.

PM me if you have legal concerns.

You're welcome.
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Declaring bankruptcy over $18000? wow. Get a job, get a second job, get a third job. bust your ***, grab a shovel and dig yourself out. For the sake of $18000 you're going to **** yourself big time? wow.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg