StateFarm - Fire And Theft Only

Thread: StateFarm - Fire And Theft Only

StateFarm - Fire And Theft Only

There's a lot of questions that come up regarding fire and theft coverage only for people who have pure track bikes or stuff like that.

I spoke to a State Farm agent today and they had no problem covering me for fire and theft only, with NO OTHER vehicles or policies with State Farm.

My rate was calculated based off where my bike is going to be primarily stored and I doubt my age factored into it since there was no liability included.

Fire and Theft on my Aprilia is 520$ a year.

If anyone is also curious (or just wants a good laugh at the office), they did give me a thunderously high quotation for liability (a hair over 6G's) but a very low premium once I hit 25 (even with 1 minor and no other policies) of just over 2G's. So all in all not a bad situation. Fire and theft for me then for now and then full coverage soon.

Hope this information was helpful for what it is worth.

Cheers.
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600
    SOAR #46. Please don't hurt the FNG lol

Re: StateFarm - Fire And Theft Only

yikes, fire and theft on my zx6r is like 150 a year with SF

Viffer,
    if you stumble upon this thread, do u know if statefarm matrix's in the owners age even with Fire/Theft only policies?

kellen: i'm jealous bud
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600

how about if you don't have a streetable track bike?

I don't think they care dude...i mean, it's off the road. Unless u've got no VIN or its been swapped i'm sure it doesn't matter. they're insuring the bike for the fact that it might end up in pieces in quebec or burned down...whether or not it has no centerstand, plastic fairings or is saftey wired is irrelevant. They will ask you its value, u will tell them and that will determin the rate you pay i suppose.

talk to WobblyCat or Katherine (both are statefarm brokers on this site i believe).
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600

Quote Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE View Post
    I don't think they care dude...i mean, it's off the road. Unless u've got no VIN or its been swapped i'm sure it doesn't matter. they're insuring the bike for the fact that it might end up in pieces in quebec or burned down...whether or not it has no centerstand, plastic fairings or is saftey wired is irrelevant. They will ask you its value, u will tell them and that will determin the rate you pay i suppose.

talk to WobblyCat or Katherine (both are statefarm brokers on this site i believe).
    I think they do care, so I would verify with your agent to be sure. Most insurance policies exclude vehicles used for racing purposes (although I'm not sure if this also applies to a Comp-only policy). If someone is tracking the bike and dumps it, they could put it in a ditch 10kms away and say it was stolen.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I think they do care, so I would verify with your agent to be sure. Most insurance policies exclude vehicles used for racing purposes (although I'm not sure if this also applies to a Comp-only policy). If someone is tracking the bike and dumps it, they could put it in a ditch 10kms away and say it was stolen.

I just heard back from my broker and they do only provide insurance coverage for "streetable bikes", and not race only motorcycles.
    Last edited by DeAd-EyE; 04-20-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600

Quote Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE View Post
    I just heard back from my broker and they do only provide insurance coverage for "streetable bikes", and not race only motorcycles.
    I thought so. It would be silly for them to insurance a bike that has such a high percentage of crashing and going up in flames every time you hit the track. There are probably special insurance companies to handle race vehicles, but I bet they are expensive.