Question About My Insurance Quote

Thread: Question About My Insurance Quote

Question About My Insurance Quote

So I just did an insurance quote online at insurancehotline.com

I am 21 years old male just about to get my m1 licence..with 3 minor tickets while driving my car, for the CBR125R im about to buy i got quoted 134/month :S

Does this seem accurate? they told me to call them as soon as possible to secure the rate so if i call them and tell them the quote i got, they wont be like oh well.....its actually going to be 1000 bucks a month.

This is my first time buying a bike so im just looking to hear some of your opinions and experiences.

Re: Question About My Insurance Quote

Quote Originally Posted by howitzer View Post
    So I just did an insurance quote online at insurancehotline.com

I am 21 years old male just about to get my m1 licence..with 3 minor tickets while driving my car, for the CBR125R im about to buy i got quoted 134/month :S

Does this seem accurate? they told me to call them as soon as possible to secure the rate so if i call them and tell them the quote i got, they wont be like oh well.....its actually going to be 1000 bucks a month.

This is my first time buying a bike so im just looking to hear some of your opinions and experiences.
    Quotes don't guarantee anything, that rate could have been just randomized really...call the broker and check. It could be lower...it could be higher. Key is to call a couple brokers and compare prices between different companies.

Proud owner of a 2001 Kawi 250 (low side count: 3)
    UWaterloo '13-14 - Fin. Analysis, Com. Sci. (SE) Double
    (don't hate on the sig...ye have been warned...)

Online quotes are highly unreliable!

Well they gave me $1607 for Jevco Insurance Company.

I dont know if thats the average premium for jevco to give first time rigers with a 125CC. Has anyone gotten a 125CC bike to start off with and went with Jevco?

I dont know if thats the average premium for jevco to give first time rigers with a 125CC. Has anyone gotten a 125CC bike to start off with and went with Jevco?
    Given your record, age, and inexperience, that seems like quite a deal to me. Of course, nothing is finalized until the rate has been approved by underwriting. think Jevco is more relaxed about minor convictions than other companies are.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

yea makes sense, it's also only a 125CC bike and I dont live in the city, so really how much more could they make me pay for insurance lol

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Given your record, age, and inexperience, that seems like quite a deal to me. Of course, nothing is finalized until the rate has been approved by underwriting. think Jevco is more relaxed about minor convictions than other companies are.
    Jevco does not surcharge the first two convictions. A third conviction results in a 15% surcharge and each conviction thereafter is an additional 15%.

Avi
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

I've got a 125CC insured with Jevco for about $400/year. But I'm over 25 years old. With the 3 tickets and under 25 I'd say $1600 is about right.

my First year of my cbr125 was 2600 with jevco :P so be happy but that was when I was 17 :P. My 250 ninja is now $1500.00 with jevco