Bazzaz dual fuel map selector option for 10% of MSRP

Thread: Bazzaz dual fuel map selector option for 10% of MSRP

Thumbs up Bazzaz dual fuel map selector option for 10% of MSRP

Here I am surfing around and checking out stuff for my Bazzaz unit. ie traction control, quick shifter yadda yadda yadda...
    I then find a dual map selector feature I could buy for $79.99 USD... Took a look at the photo's of the product and noticed it's just a damn toggle switch connected to a plug with a long wire...
    I took a look at my Bazzaz wiring harness and saw the same plug with a loopback wire... Curiosity got to me so I plugged in my laptop and fired up the tuning software... Pulled the plug and found the software then read MAP2... Put the plug back in and I got MAP1...
    Hmmmm... Spend $80.00 USD not including shipping or any other taxes to enable this feature... Or find a toggle switch, some wire, shrink tube, some scrap aluminum sheet, and a waterproof boot and build the damn thing myself...

Re: Bazzaz dual fuel map selector option for 10% of MSRP

I chose to build it myself...

1. Get a rough estimate of the length of wire you will need to run from where you will mount the selector switch to where your Bazzaz zfi unit is. Cut 2 pieces of wire of the same length.

2. Solder one wire to the common connection of the toggle switch (usually the centre tab) and the other wire to one of the other tabs. If you have a multi meter you can check the continuity and verify you have an open and closed connection.

3. Use shrink tube to cover switch and the whole length of wire. If there is no shrink tube available, you can also wrap the switch and wire with electrical tape.

4. Snake the wires through the bike to your Bazzaz zfi.

5. Find the white connector with the loopback wire. On your harness somewhere.

6. Disconnect connector. Check your tuning software and you will notice MAP1 changed to MAP2. Cut the loopback and strip the insulation.

7. Solder end of wires to wires on the white plug.

8. Insulate the solder joint with shrink tube or electrical tape. In my case I used a smaller diameter shrink tube (remember to put the shrink tube on wire before soldering).

9. Mount the toggle switch. In my case I used a sheet of aluminum and drilled 2 holes in it. Don't forget to screw in the waterproof boot for the toggle switch.

10. Plug the white connector back in, fire up your laptop and software and test the switch...

MAP1

MAP2

To load 2 separate maps just select MAP1 or MAP2 then load... Easy easy easy...

BTW I found all the parts at:
    Sayal Electronics
    3791 Victoria Park Avenue, Toronto, ON

All said and done this should only cost you under $10.00 CDN.
    The trickiest thing was finding the waterproof boot but you can usually find them near the toggle switches...

Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by Blackdragon; 04-18-2010 at 03:09 AM.

sounds neat!

One day i'll have enough money to play around with the new fangled FI bikes....