Beginner / Recommendations - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beginner / Recommendations

Re: Beginner / Recommendations

Hey All!

After going thru Hell type of weather on Sat & Cold Day on Sun...it is officially done.

Thanks to all the instructors at Centennial, mine was Armando...

I got my M2....wheee!!!!! Now, have to wait to process my M2 paper work for 2 weeks...

Now, roadtrip to getting M in Summer 2012.....

See you all on the road....

250 Ninja is upcoming, followed by Ducati 1198 SS ...

Yea, weather was HELL for both the riding days. But as many people said, we've been through the roughest weather (considering that we won't really need to worry about riding in more heavier snow).

Time to jump on my CBR600 F4i!!!!

I definitely recommend the course to anyone who have no/little riding experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gobu View Post
    Hey All!

After going thru Hell type of weather on Sat & Cold Day on Sun...it is officially done.

Thanks to all the instructors at Centennial, mine was Armando...

I got my M2....wheee!!!!! Now, have to wait to process my M2 paper work for 2 weeks...

Now, roadtrip to getting M in Summer 2012.....

See you all on the road....

250 Ninja is upcoming, followed by Ducati 1198 SS ...
    I'm doing my course at Centennial the first weekend of June - I'm looking forward to it but I'm a bit nervous as well. Can you give some insight as to how it was and what to expect? Other feedback is welcome, as well.

...and congrats on your M2!!!

Hey!

If you want an overview / review of what the course is, simply refer to the following (he pretty much summaried the entire day +/- the differences which I will list), also, the motorcycle selection is been updated to reflect some new bikes or so.

http://andthecowgoesmoo.wordpress.co...asic-training/

Friday - 7pm-10pm - attendence, paper work, need to give up your M1 permit with the paper work (you'll get back on Sunday morning), make sure to bring a pen (black or blue), no pencil. Info on Driver License exactlu copied over to the new license document, e.g. GM1 to GM2 or G1M1 to G1M2, etc. etc.

You watch couple of videos, intro to motorcycle, gears, maintenance, etc.

Saturday - 8 am to 4 pm*** - not till 6 pm, unless the exercises takes a bit longer, for us, it was cold / rainy, but it was a full day of fun excerise. Read the above link posting for details,

Sunday - 8 am to 5 pm*** - the real funs starts, test starts around 2pm, I am not sure whether I can mention the test details on this forum (admin, please confirm), but all I can say, some are timed-event , e.g. point A to point B (between cones) you are timed, you have to be in proper gear & at the right speed. If you touch the line, it is +3 points, if you overdrive out of the line it is +5 points. You can gain upto +11 points to pass to get your M2, but +12/+13/+++ and you fail. Perfect score is 0 points.

But trust me, it'll be a breeze. Before you know it, the test is done.

Just refer to the link I posted above for a full detail of the course (minus) the opinion of the person writing the details.