Insurance Slip.

Thread: Insurance Slip.

Insurance Slip.

I just transfer my truck insurance to my motorcycle. my broker has told me I could use the old insurance slip for the motorcycle using the same policy number. until I get the new one. but the info on the slip is the trucks

So my question is would I get a ticket for no insurance if I ever get stop by the police?

I have search here but there was no luck in the process.

I know I could just go there and pick it up in the office, but can't do that till Friday. the brokers office is close at 5pm and I don't get off till 5pm.

thanks for the help.

Re: Insurance Slip.

fax?

email?

Either wait until Friday to ride, or get them to email/fax you a "temporary binder" that includes the information for the actual vehicle that is covered.

Moving to insurance forum.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Contact your broker again, like the others posts say. Email and fax are brilliant ways of sending information quick and easy. If you do not have a fax, try going to a UPS store and having your agent fax it there. There are many ways around it, your broker should be offering these options to you.

To answer your question, if your slip says 2008 Dodge Ram, and a Cop pulls you over, you can bet he will be writing you a ticket. I would not advise this to you at all.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Hytham Bayoumi; 04-13-2010 at 02:58 PM.
    Hytham Bayoumi
    Client Executive
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

Direct: 416-908-1865
    hbayoumi@pottruffsmith.com

Avi just emailed me a pdf "card" that I printed and am using currently...seems to work fine and he got it to me within 5 minutes of receiving payment =)

Proud owner of a 2001 Kawi 250 (low side count: 3)
    UWaterloo '13-14 - Fin. Analysis, Com. Sci. (SE) Double
    (don't hate on the sig...ye have been warned...)

This sounds like a very lazy broker . . . I would probably take my business elsewhere.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by nitrouz201 View Post
    I just transfer my truck insurance to my motorcycle. my broker has told me I could use the old insurance slip for the motorcycle using the same policy number. until I get the new one. but the info on the slip is the trucks

So my question is would I get a ticket for no insurance if I ever get stop by the police?

I have search here but there was no luck in the process.

I know I could just go there and pick it up in the office, but can't do that till Friday. the brokers office is close at 5pm and I don't get off till 5pm.

thanks for the help.
    That slip is not valid for your bike. Even if you can prove that you had insurance to get off a operate vehicle without insurance charge, you may still be charged with other things like fail to produce valid insurance, knowing use fasle insurance card etc.

The borker should be issuing you a temp liability slip.

thanks for the responses.

i was able to ask him to fax the temp slip to my gf work.