Airsoft, Anyone here into that?

Thread: Airsoft, Anyone here into that?

Airsoft, Anyone here into that?

okay, so my friends are trying to get me into the Airsoft thing. Anyone here also into that?

I got some questions before I dump 5 bills into a gun and the required gear.

1) What is a good entry level beginner gun?
    2) How do you register a hit? What if I hit someone and they ignore it.
    3) Do I need to buy those Tacticool gear to be allowed to play in games? or can i just wear a hoodie and jeans?
    4) I'm a beginner, are gas blowback guns overkill for me?
    5) Will i require a side arm as well? or can I just rock a M4a1 the entire game?

Re: Airsoft, Anyone here into that?

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/

http://torontoairsoft.com/

Check those sites. My first was the M4. Tokyo Murai makes good stuff. It's all up to you and what your position on your team is. If it's just you, get a semi auto assault rifle replica.

I play with a section of friends. We do it privately and train for work. Not sure what the regulations are civi side but I can ask some friends. I am fairly new too but it's a blast.

Have fun.

I've been collecting stuff for 12 odd years. Mainly Tokyo Marui and Western Arms GBB along with some tactical rigs (Blackhawk and Eagle). I love the M4 and have a few MP5 variants (SD, PDW, fixed stock and collapsible stock) and PSG1.
    Last edited by vkhamphi; 04-13-2010 at 07:16 PM.

contact cruisergurl (think thats her username) shes got the hookups for airsoft fun, if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by 150dpi View Post
    okay, so my friends are trying to get me into the Airsoft thing. Anyone here also into that?

I got some questions before I dump 5 bills into a gun and the required gear.

1) What is a good entry level beginner gun?
    I would recommend an M4 as it is all rounder (have the power, range & versatility to play indoor and outdoor)

2) How do you register a hit? What if I hit someone and they ignore it.
    Airsoft is base on honor system. If you get hit, you're suppose to be honest and call a "hit". If there's anyone who dont, I usually sneak close to them and full auto them lol.

3) Do I need to buy those Tacticool gear to be allowed to play in games?
    or can i just wear a hoodie and jeans?
    You dont need to buy gears yet, I would recommend you go with just civilian clothes (hoodie & jeans) and see what type of gear the guys there wear before spending ur cash on gears.

4) I'm a beginner, are gas blowback guns overkill for me?
    Gas blowback guns arent an overkill, but they dont hold a lot of bbs per magazine. So, you cant full auto it like other people with an AEG (Automatic Eletric Gun). Also, the fps they shoot out are not very consistance and can vary from 50fps - 120fps depending on model & manufacturer of the gun.

If ur talking about gas blow back pistol, try and stay away from those. They sure feels awesome because of the recoil, but because more than half of the compressed gas are used to do the recoil, the force output of the bb are weaker than their non-gas blowback counterparts.

5) Will i require a side arm as well? or can I just rock a M4a1 the entire game?
    You can rock the M4A1 the entire game. Side arms are not necessary. The only chance that you will find more use for your sidearms is when you're playing indoor games. But due to their limited range, you will rarely see people using their pistols in a fight against AEGs in an outdoor environment.

I would advise you ask around and see if your friends can get you another gun or rent a gun for you to try out the sport before you decide to put money into it.

Dead-Thread Revival, sorry.

I had been checking out the http://www.airsoftcanada.com forums for some time now, and decided to take the gamble, bought some equipment, and went out for a fun couple of hours yesterday.

I had picked up an ICS M4 M44 model all-metal AEG carbine, and some basic gear (tac vest, rifle sling, protective goggles). The rest i already had in the way of boots, BDU's, etc. As i understand it, this is a mid-range level AEG carbine. You can get entry level for cheaper - but stay away from the Walmart/Canadian Tire crap.

Unfortunately, the particular ICS M4 carbine that i purchased had a 500 ft/s spring inside it - so i couldn't use it for my intro-day due to the power limitations (i had a lower power spring, but not with me, and not installable on-site) so i had to/was able to use a loaner AEG Sig Sauer 552 folding-stock (i think it was) with no sights. It still was a blast to use.

Considering at the rate that the sport appears to be expanding (it's stealing quite a few participants from paint-ball), and the number of open games that you can jump in to using the airsoft forums available, I can't see how this hobby is not one worth entering into, if you want a day in the outdoors, and meeting new people, while being physically active. I was likely the oldest person there by a few years (from 18 participants) but that really doesn't matter, whichever end of the gun that you are on. Keep in mind, that this is the first time in ~20 years that i've handled so much as a Red Ryder BB gun.

The event was held outdoors, in brush/woodland, with some mock structures to hide in/around/behind. Most engagements was done mid and long range, though there were some close-quarter engagements. In this sort of setting, a side-arm is totally un-necessary, IMHO.

Thought the dead-thread revival would be appreciated for anyone on the forum still interested in getting their feet wet, as far as an opinion goes.
    Last edited by Bandit Bill; 07-10-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair