Pannon Sports + Nexo Gloves = GARBAGE!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pannon Sports + Nexo Gloves = GARBAGE!!

Re: Pannon Sports + Nexo Gloves = GARBAGE!!

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    I know Rob, I know his reputation and I know how he dealt with me and other customers in the past. You say that he told you "ha ha, you got a crappy product, you must have wrecked it, too bad so sad, haha." He says that he told you he would contact the manufacturer and deal with them for you, which he did. His version of the events is more in line with his past behaviour than your version of the events.
    Yeah OK....the only problem with your whole theory is that it took this thread to get an answer. Isn't that a coincidence. Now if you want to continue to be the mediator with your smart ***** comments, I'm more than willing to meet with you to discuss this further.

Quote Originally Posted by 7073 View Post
    yeah ok....the only problem with your whole theory is that it took this thread to get an answer. Isn't that a coincidence. Now if you want to continue to be the mediator with your smart ***** comments, i'm more than willing to meet with you to discuss this further.
    wow.

Yeah OK....the only problem with your whole theory is that it took this thread to get an answer. Isn't that a coincidence. Now if you want to continue to be the mediator with your smart ***** comments, I'm more than willing to meet with you to discuss this further.
    If you decide to come in to have your gloves exchanged, I'll show you the e-mail with the date and time stamp on it. It came from Pakistan 5:27am in the morning (today).

Cool your jets, I'll buy you a drink next time you come in, ok?

R.
    Pannon Moto Sports
    SHARK HELMETS

905 369 0561
    169 Crumbie St. unit 4
    Mississauga (Streetsville), ON L5M 1H7
    Shop hours and rates
    Map

Quote Originally Posted by PannonSports View Post
    Every shop has customers trying to return goods that they abused or accidentaly damaged or whatever, you get the point. Sometimes their claim is valid sometimes not. I've had more bogus claims than legitimate ones to be frank. Since I don't make these gloves, I have to contact the manufacturer and go by their advice
    Well I certainly wasn't trying to pull a quick one on you, it was valid.

I said I was going to send them a reminder and I did. I ALWAYS KEEP MY WORDS! If it takes longer than anticipated, that means there is a problem, and you could have called me as you did before, and I would have explained.
    On the flip side, you could've simply e-mailed me as I expressed my concern to you on thursday. I didn't call you on friday for that very reason; because I didn't want to bug you.

I have the ability to check e-mails from home early in the morning, but your e-mail address was written down in my notebook at work. I had to come in first. And, the day started to unfold. Customer after customer... It was around 6pm when I finally sat down, had a sip of fruit juice, and tried to relax a bit in front of a computer. I was checking the Shark helmet thread when this one popped up. So, I decided to reply and give you the news.

R.
    I've ran a family business and I know one of the most important aspects is getting back to your customers especially when you know they're concerned.

The problem was being solved before this stink was raised. Rob contacted the manufacturer immediately. Had the OP bothered to listen to what Rob told him, he would have just waited for the issue to be resolved with the manufacturer.
    You work for Rob? you don't seem to miss an opportunity to sing the guy's praises...It's like your angling for a raise.

I always think that it's funny when someone likes dealing with a shop so much that they put blinders on to the fact that not all customer experiences are going to be the same for everyone all the time. This guy didn't like his experience and wrote a review....If you liked yours....write your own review.

If you decide to come in to have your gloves exchanged, I'll show you the e-mail with the date and time stamp on it. It came from Pakistan 5:27am in the morning (today).

Cool your jets, I'll buy you a drink next time you come in, ok?

R.
    Rob,

My jets don't come on to quickly and you know that because I have always been respectful in your shop and on the phone with you. Not once did I swear, raise my voice nor was I demanding; that's why I was so disappointed. But the sacrastic comments got the better of me for a moment.

I do appreciate you coming on here and communicating with me. I'm done for tonight!

Well I certainly wasn't trying to pull a quick one on you, it was valid.
    I still don't know if it was valid or not. This is not personal, please don't misinterpret what I'm trying to say. I don't have a crystal ball, so the manufacturer has to look at it and decide.

On the flip side, you could've simply e-mailed me as I expressed my concern to you on thursday. I didn't call you on friday for that very reason; because I didn't want to bug you.
    There was nothing to e-mail you. We spoke on Thursday and I said I will send them another e-mail, and as soon as I hear back from them I'll let you know. That's exactly what I was going to do.

I've ran a family business and I know one of the most important aspects is getting back to your customers especially when you know they're concerned.
    Again, I said I was going to get back to you as soon as I hear from Nexo. It took 5 business days to resolve this matter, is that too long?

R.
    Pannon Moto Sports
    SHARK HELMETS

905 369 0561
    169 Crumbie St. unit 4
    Shop hours and rates
    Map

Rob,

My jets don't come on to quickly and you know that because I have always been respectful in your shop and on the phone with you. Not once did I swear, raise my voice nor was I demanding; that's why I was so disappointed. But the sacrastic comments got the better of me for a moment.

I do appreciate you coming on here and communicating with me. I'm done for tonight!
    I was referring to your comment "I'm more than willing to meet with you to discuss this further" to Firestart (see above).

I didn't swear and neither did I raise my voice, either. You wanted this complaint solved in the store right then, and at that moment, and I said things don't work like that, I have to contact the manufacturer. I did, it took 5 business days. I can't control personal feelings of my customers, but I have certain channels to go through, to solve complaints.

I hope you understand,

R.
    Pannon Moto Sports
    SHARK HELMETS

905 369 0561
    169 Crumbie St. unit 4
    Shop hours and rates
    Map

I didn't want to chime in on this...as it seems messy.

I am the Parts Manager at a shop and I have to agree with Rob. Things take time. I have warranty and defective parts come back to me and unfortunately there are certain channels/processes you have to go through and that takes time.

Unless it is a part WE have manufactured, it is hard to warranty an item right on the spot.

It's hard to make every customer feel like they are the only customer that matters. Also, this is probably Panon's busy season....it's amazing how quick the day can go when you are busy.
    Last edited by jeremy22; 04-13-2010 at 08:33 PM.

I'd never spend another penny on Nexo stuff after the POS boots I bought

+1 on the Nexo gloves; stitching in the fingers didn't even last a season
    Opinions are like motorcycles; we all have one, some are just better than others

Quote Originally Posted by Ixxer6 View Post
    I'd never spend another penny on Nexo stuff after the POS boots I bought
    ^+100. I think they manufacture in Pakistan, so I'm not surprised at the lax quality. Never will buy Nexo again!
    Leave him alone Lock!
    Dyna Coils/wires, 750 ECU, Dyna Rev Limiter, Orient Express Drag 2nd Gear replacement, Rebuilt Tranny, Mikuni RS 36 Flatslides, BMC Pod Filters, GSXR 1000 '01 Titanium Header and Exhaust, Oil cooler base Mod,Busa Rear Shock, Braided SS Brake Lines &Clutch Line, Busa Clutch Master, Busa Clutch Slave, FP Clutch Detent Spring, Ape Manual CCT, GSXR K1 Fork Caps/Adjusters, Race Tech Springs,

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    You work for Rob? you don't seem to miss an opportunity to sing the guy's praises...It's like your angling for a raise.

I always think that it's funny when someone likes dealing with a shop so much that they put blinders on to the fact that not all customer experiences are going to be the same for everyone all the time. This guy didn't like his experience and wrote a review....If you liked yours....write your own review.
    I don't work for Rob. I come in and pay the same prices that everybody else does. I don't even shop at his shop that often because it's out of my way and I haven't had any gear that I bought in his shop or at GP or at PB, fail on me. I might drop by the shop once a season, and that sure as hell wouldn't make for much of a job.
    I was basing my comments on how he dealt with me and with others, including the complaints. I still remember one time when somebody was having visor issues with a Shark lid. He took the hardware off one of his floor models and took that lid off the shelf while waiting for the manufacturer to send him a replacement for the failed part. I also personally witnessed on one occasion where he was about to make close to $1500 in sales and he still stopped to ask the kid if he is SERIOUS about getting into riding and to advise him that he can always get the gear later if he's unsure at the moment.
    That sort of a person does not treat his customers badly, it's just out of character.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Dude, you really need to take a chill pill.. Your veiled threats don't make you appear any more intelligent or reasonable. If you were like that with Rob, I'm surprised he didn't ask you to leave the store. I guess that's why I never decided to run a retail business; I just don't have the patience for a certain category of customer
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Dude, you really need to take a chill pill.. Your veiled threats don't make you appear any more intelligent or reasonable. If you were like that with Rob, I'm surprised he didn't ask you to leave the store. I guess that's why I never decided to run a retail business; I just don't have the patience for a certain category of customer
    This is true, However you can't go around speaking about how his customer service is great and assuming that the OP was rude. Not everybody has had a great experience while buying Nexo products from Pannon it seems for the most part that the boots and gloves have had problems that have not been resolved, this may be a Nexo issue that is beyond Pannon but some customers have unresolved issues.

This is true, However you can't go around speaking about how his customer service is great and assuming that the OP was rude. Not everybody has had a great experience while buying Nexo products from Pannon it seems for the most part that the boots and gloves have had problems that have not been resolved, this may be a Nexo issue that is beyond Pannon but some customers have unresolved issues.
    For starters, you have to learn to separate retailer issues from manufacturer issues. The OP stated that Rob was unwilling to deal with the issue and Rob stated that he contacted the manufacturer immediately and has the paper trail to prove it. I don't know the OP, but I know how Rob behaved in the past. Initially I just implied that there might be another explanation. Once Rob offered it, it sounded a heck of a lot more closer to the truth than the original account.

so if it's a **** product why sell it to customer, as a shop owner i wont sell crap to people for the sake of taking there money.

For starters, you have to learn to separate retailer issues from manufacturer issues. The OP stated that Rob was unwilling to deal with the issue and Rob stated that he contacted the manufacturer immediately and has the paper trail to prove it. I don't know the OP, but I know how Rob behaved in the past. Initially I just implied that there might be another explanation. Once Rob offered it, it sounded a heck of a lot more closer to the truth than the original account.
    dude your always in other peoples business, WHY

My Nexo gloves survived a season and change without any issues. I'm still wearing them every time I go out on 2 wheels. I'm not saying that they don't have their own issues, but if you want to expect top-notch workmanship each and every time, you need to pay for it. Some of us can't afford to spend $500 on boots, another $300 on gloves, $700 on a lid etc etc etc, so we take a chance with $150 boots, $130 gloves, $300 lids. Any manufacturing defects get resolved with the manufacturer.

Right on the money. Now when I sit down and think about it, this seems to be the case. I've notified them (Nexo) quite a few times about these issues. With gloves it's the velcro stitching, which they said they will replace with a different material or different stitching procedure or something in the future. From this thread I see that even Alpinestar gloves have sometimes issues with stitching.

I'm not quite sure about the boots, I have a pair myself and I don't see nothing wrong with them. But, I don't ride that much either. Anyhow, any NEXO related complaint(s) should be addressed to info@nexosports.com

R.
    Pannon Moto Sports
    SHARK HELMETS

905 369 0561
    169 Crumbie St. unit 4
    Shop hours and rates
    Map