Tires

Thread: Tires

Tires

I'm woundering how many km one can get out of a pair of new tires? I've read alot on about how to check the tire but couldn't find an average distance a tire can handle

Re: Tires

That is a very general question, different tires have different compounds. Some are meant for cruising (medium-hard compound) so the give you more mileage and some are meant for track/aggressive riding (soft compound) which is not good for long distances.

What type of bike do you have, what tire are you thinking of getting and what type of riding do you do?

I'll be buying cruseir of some sort... leaning towards a vulcan 500, it will be used for city and highway driving. The reason I'm asking this is because my brother told me i need new tires every season?

Quote Originally Posted by guym View Post
    I'll be buying cruseir of some sort... leaning towards a vulcan 500, it will be used for city and highway driving. The reason I'm asking this is because my brother told me i need new tires every season?
    Depending on how much riding you do, you might need to.

I ride a gixxer, pretty normally for the most part commuting to work and stuff and I get a season on the back tire and 2 on the front give or take max.

It really depends on how much mileage and how you treat them. Shops should have a pretty good idea of what you could get off wich set.

Put a poll in the cruising section here to give you an idea
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry