Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/401>>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/401>>

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/401>>

Well folks. Here is the official Scarborough ride 3.0 thread! and pics/Vids supported by <<East End Riders>>

OFFICIALS FACEBOOK GROUP! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7207235&ref=nf

and

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=293403603547

The old one can be found here (if you are a paid supporting member)

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=83079

The ride starts at the timmies at Kennedy Common. We try and meet up around 1:30 and roll out around 2:15. The ride takes about 3.5 hours and is about 200km total round trip.

The ride is NOOB and M1 friendly. We usually have a few CBR 125's and Ninja 250's on the ride so you WILL NOT be left behind.

We try and ride fast people up front, slow people in the back. We wait up for the slow group at every stop, turn, etc.

After heading out from timmies we do a double run on Twyn Rivers and Old Finch. Then take Hwy #7 east to Brooklin. Stop at timmies there for fuel and food.

Then it's North to Uxbridge. Some amazingly scenic roads on this part, DON'T MISS IT AND BOOK OUT EARLY!

We usually stop for a group shot by a little lake:

Some frequently asked questions:

Q: Is there a ride going on THIS Sunday???
    A: Yes. Weather permitting. Check this site and this site for weather radar. Don't believe the weather report anywhere else.

Q: Can I come?
    A: Yes dammit. Just come. Don't ask. Doesn't matter what you ride (no under 100cc scooters please) or your experience level, GET OUT HERE!

Q: I'm a wimp and only want to do the Scarborough part of the ride, can I do that?
    A: Yes. You can book out after Old Finch / Twyn Rivers or keep with us all the way to Brooklin then head home from there.

Q: I live in Brooklin/Port Perry/Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax/Pickering/Bowmanville/Courtice and just want to do the Durham part of the route. How do I do that?
    A: Meet us at the Timmies in Brooklin (the real brooklin, not the fake one), corner of Hwy #7 and Hwy #12 (that's Baldwin St. and Winchester Rd.) around 3:45.

Q: I'm a girl and I'm shy about rolling up to that group by myself.
    A: PM me and we'll meet at STC or something and roll in together.

Q: Can I please have a google route map of the Scarb and Durham routes?
    A: Send me a PM and I'll give em to ya.

Any other questions just SEND ME A PM (try not to post in the thread so it doesn't get too bloated).

Can't wait to see ya out on the ride.

-Jamie M/Juan R/Cliff M.

Banned

Re: Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/40

Nice little ride... thanks Cliff for showing us a different route to Milner Rd.... no complain... althoug it was a little cold at the end of the ride...

Please PM for the pics...

cheers

Juan.

Re: Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/40

Quote Originally Posted by juancho View Post
    Any other questions just SEND ME A PM (try not to post in the thread so it doesn't get too bloated).
    No one is posting here because you're threatening to kill them.

Sportbikes look the same.

Banned

hey Dave.. PM sent...

cheers man..!!! nice to met you too....!!

Juan.

Thread and info looks good Juan.

Sorry I missed the ride today. I messed my back up bad today. Hopefully I can get it fixed quick

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Banned

^^^ no problem Jamie... Cliff lead the Scarborough part til Brooklin.. then i lead the Uxbridge part... nothing special... the same route this time... a couple of new faces...

too bad you didn't join us... but like we all say.. there is always a next time...

we have to meet sometime during the week you, me and cliff to talk about the routes... we might mix it up a littlee bit this season... but hack.. we still have time... bunch of new guys are exciting about our rides... so, lets do something special this year...

we'll keep in touch alright...??

cheers

Juan.

Sounds good. I have a new route that skips brookin and takes us through some nice back roads to a timmies in Uxbridge. I haven't ridden it, but it looks super promising on google earth.

We'll get together soon and do some brainstorming and route tests and see if we can mix it up a little this year instead of a similar route every week

Did you guys do SECRET ROAD!!!???

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by juancho View Post
    hey Dave.. PM sent...

cheers man..!!! nice to met you too....!!

Juan.
    Thanks for the pics! Appreciate it. See you guys next Sunday if the ride is on.

When riding in a group, I wouldn't worry about m1 on the highway, don't be at the back, he shouldn't be singled out at all.
    Highway riding is nothing different but increase in speed, and more space, not an issue.
    Simon Says "S T F U"

Waiting for that “Next Thing” means you’d never buy anything.
    **** @iPos3r

wow.. youre actually suggesting somebody to break the law even before they have had the experience or confidence to ride at high speed and better control..
    Somebody wants to break the law -- go for it.. but dont suggest or recommend it on a public forum.. thats just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Poser View Post
    When riding in a group, I wouldn't worry about m1 on the highway, don't be at the back, he shouldn't be singled out at all.
    Highway riding is nothing different but increase in speed, and more space, not an issue.
    Four wheels move the BODY. Two wheels move the SUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1388
    Hey..don't worry Juan he's a pretty decent rider haha
    This caught my eye son, besides I did it when it was my turn.
    It's not like i'm gonna beat him with a wire wip and force him, from what I read he is older too.
    Not an issue.
    Simon Says "S T F U"

**** @iPos3r

This caught my eye son, besides I did it when it was my turn.
    It's not like i'm gonna beat him with a wire wip and force him, from what I read he is older too.
    Not an issue.
    22 years old...I meant older as he was a friend of mine a few years back and now that he bought a bike we have become better friends lol

I don't want to force him to do something he doesn't want to do, and I don't want to bring him there just to find out we are going on the hwy and I'll have to miss out on the ride

I taught myself to ride back in the day, no teachers, schools, not even a licence, insurance, helmet, prob in flip flops(true story), even driving a car, even a forklift, even a ATV, a speedboat, 100's more,etc,etc.... I'm a Man,......only training I did was AZ.
    Not an issue.
    Simon Says "S T F U"

**** @iPos3r

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666
    So any crashes this season yet?
    I don't think this is funny or sarcastic at all, keep this to yourself, you ride too.
    If people ride normal and realize that getting hurt is bad, they should chill out, and when you're riding behind me, be alert and don't run into me, please.
    Ride according to your abilities always, listen to me.
    You will graduate soon, don't rush it.
    Watch for leaders stopping on greens, to keep everyone together.

Don't just ride, learn to ride.

Ask questions.
    Simon Says "S T F U"

**** @iPos3r

I don't think this is funny or sarcastic at all, keep this to yourself, you ride too.
    If people ride normal and realize that getting hurt is bad, they should chill out, and when you're riding behind me, be alert and don't run into me, please.
    Ride according to your abilities always, listen to me.
    You will graduate soon, don't rush it.
    Watch for leaders stopping on greens, to keep everyone together.

Don't just ride, learn to ride.

Ask questions.
    LOL thank you captain safety!

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666

LOL thank you captain safety!
    Let's forget you even said that, and deleted that type of thinking from your brain, enjoy riding your dads new bike, and not get cocky about life.
    Even you need friends, and I would be a positive one.
    I'm Poser, always posing.
    Simon Says "S T F U"

**** @iPos3r

hey boyzzzz wake up and lets ride weather is soo good i can hardly stay inside lol Juan comme on lets ride now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dardania View Post
    hey boyzzzz wake up and lets ride weather is soo good i can hardly stay inside lol Juan comme on lets ride now!!!!
    When & Where?

anywhere anytime i'm still on stand by noone replyin they still sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by dardania View Post
    anywhere anytime i'm still on stand by noone replyin they still sleeping
    I just woke up too, still in a daze from last night. Let me know if you get any ideas for a ride.