Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/401>>

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/401>>

Banned

Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/401>>

Well folks. Here is the official Scarborough ride 3.0 thread! and pics/Vids supported by <<East End Riders>>

OFFICIALS FACEBOOK GROUP! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7207235&ref=nf

and

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=293403603547

The old one can be found here (if you are a paid supporting member)

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=83079

The ride starts at the timmies at Kennedy Common. We try and meet up around 1:30 and roll out around 2:15. The ride takes about 3.5 hours and is about 200km total round trip.

The ride is NOOB and M1 friendly. We usually have a few CBR 125's and Ninja 250's on the ride so you WILL NOT be left behind.

We try and ride fast people up front, slow people in the back. We wait up for the slow group at every stop, turn, etc.

After heading out from timmies we do a double run on Twyn Rivers and Old Finch. Then take Hwy #7 east to Brooklin. Stop at timmies there for fuel and food.

Then it's North to Uxbridge. Some amazingly scenic roads on this part, DON'T MISS IT AND BOOK OUT EARLY!

We usually stop for a group shot by a little lake:

Some frequently asked questions:

Q: Is there a ride going on THIS Sunday???
    A: Yes. Weather permitting. Check this site and this site for weather radar. Don't believe the weather report anywhere else.

Q: Can I come?
    A: Yes dammit. Just come. Don't ask. Doesn't matter what you ride (no under 100cc scooters please) or your experience level, GET OUT HERE!

Q: I'm a wimp and only want to do the Scarborough part of the ride, can I do that?
    A: Yes. You can book out after Old Finch / Twyn Rivers or keep with us all the way to Brooklin then head home from there.

Q: I live in Brooklin/Port Perry/Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax/Pickering/Bowmanville/Courtice and just want to do the Durham part of the route. How do I do that?
    A: Meet us at the Timmies in Brooklin (the real brooklin, not the fake one), corner of Hwy #7 and Hwy #12 (that's Baldwin St. and Winchester Rd.) around 3:45.

Q: I'm a girl and I'm shy about rolling up to that group by myself.
    A: PM me and we'll meet at STC or something and roll in together.

Q: Can I please have a google route map of the Scarb and Durham routes?
    A: Send me a PM and I'll give em to ya.

Any other questions just SEND ME A PM (try not to post in the thread so it doesn't get too bloated).

Can't wait to see ya out on the ride.

-Jamie M/Juan R/Cliff M.

Banned

Re: Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/40

Nice little ride... thanks Cliff for showing us a different route to Milner Rd.... no complain... althoug it was a little cold at the end of the ride...

Please PM for the pics...

cheers

Juan.

Re: Scarborough ride 3.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Common <<Kennedy/40

Quote Originally Posted by juancho View Post
    Any other questions just SEND ME A PM (try not to post in the thread so it doesn't get too bloated).
    No one is posting here because you're threatening to kill them.

Sportbikes look the same.

Banned

hey Dave.. PM sent...

cheers man..!!! nice to met you too....!!

Juan.

Thread and info looks good Juan.

Sorry I missed the ride today. I messed my back up bad today. Hopefully I can get it fixed quick

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Banned

^^^ no problem Jamie... Cliff lead the Scarborough part til Brooklin.. then i lead the Uxbridge part... nothing special... the same route this time... a couple of new faces...

too bad you didn't join us... but like we all say.. there is always a next time...

we have to meet sometime during the week you, me and cliff to talk about the routes... we might mix it up a littlee bit this season... but hack.. we still have time... bunch of new guys are exciting about our rides... so, lets do something special this year...

we'll keep in touch alright...??

cheers

Juan.

Sounds good. I have a new route that skips brookin and takes us through some nice back roads to a timmies in Uxbridge. I haven't ridden it, but it looks super promising on google earth.

We'll get together soon and do some brainstorming and route tests and see if we can mix it up a little this year instead of a similar route every week

Did you guys do SECRET ROAD!!!???

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Sounds good. I have a new route that skips brookin and takes us through some nice back roads to a timmies in Uxbridge. I haven't ridden it, but it looks super promising on google earth.

We'll get together soon and do some brainstorming and route tests and see if we can mix it up a little this year instead of a similar route every week
    sounds good... we'll get together soon and we'll talk about it...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Did you guys do SECRET ROAD!!!???
    ha ha ha ha i will let you know in our next meet...

Juan.

Awsome ride today boys at leasti was'nt reading papers this time when riding lol.

pm those pics man post them up here
    If you don't go when you want to go,and when you do go you'll find your gone.

hey Dave.. PM sent...

cheers man..!!! nice to met you too....!!

Juan.
    Thanks for the pics! Appreciate it. See you guys next Sunday if the ride is on.

Guess what I did today!

On one of the right turns at tywn rivers, I scrapped my peg!!!

That was awesome!

tada

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wild2crazy View Post
    Awsome ride today boys at leasti was'nt reading papers this time when riding lol.

pm those pics man post them up here

Thanks for the amazing lead man... as usual... that new route is amazing... he he he... i wont post pics here.. HEATER always looking reasons to try to bothering us... poor stupid bastards... ha ha ha... i will pm you...

cheers

Juan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chidizzle View Post
    Guess what I did today!

On one of the right turns at tywn rivers, I scrapped my peg!!!

That was awesome!

tada
    Sweet..!!! you should try to drag a knee... but that need to be done after you start riding more often twyn rivers... i live around the corner... so you need to be confident about it...

cheers

Juan

No one is posting here because you're threatening to kill them.

Sportbikes look the same.
    Don't make me post in General Motorcycle Discussion about your hate for sportbikes!

Twyn Rivers is scary at night. Not only did I feel like I was gonna get jumped (there was a car parked in the parking lot near the top while I was thinking whether to proceed), there is so little lighting that for me a noob doing it the first time on my bike and getting tailed by a car I was frightened whether I would run off the road into the ditch/hillside.

But it is a great road! Looking forward to trying out this ride once I have a free Sunday. Great idea to change it up a bit each week.

Quote Originally Posted by rfid View Post
    Don't make me post in General Motorcycle Discussion about your hate for sportbikes!

Twyn Rivers is scary at night. Not only did I feel like I was gonna get jumped (there was a car parked in the parking lot near the top while I was thinking whether to proceed), there is so little lighting that for me a noob doing it the first time on my bike and getting tailed by a car I was frightened whether I would run off the road into the ditch/hillside.

But it is a great road! Looking forward to trying out this ride once I have a free Sunday. Great idea to change it up a bit each week.
    You lost me all after sportbikes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rfid View Post

scare to me sometimes too... and i live around the corner...!!!

don't go there during the night...

one time around 9 oclock doing the "Rollercoaster" part, i saw one deer on the road... scare the Sh*t out of me..!!!

don't do it... take it easy and everything will be just fine...

cheers

Juan.

pics pics where the link man!!!
    If you don't go when you want to go,and when you do go you'll find your gone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wild2crazy View Post
    pics pics where the link man!!!

Sorry... i forgot last night...

PM sent to you and Mike...

Juan.

Banned

sorry.. wrong thread...

You lost me all after sportbikes.
    Hater!

scare to me sometimes too... and i live around the corner...!!!

don't go there during the night...

one time around 9 oclock doing the "Rollercoaster" part, i saw one deer on the road... scare the Sh*t out of me..!!!

don't do it... take it easy and everything will be just fine...

cheers

Juan.
    Thanks for the advice. Glad to hear nothing serious happened--deers in the twisties of Toronto! Who would have thought deers like twisties, much less deers in Toronto. Oh wait, wasn't there a deer on the loose in downtown last year? Be careful out there...