Whats the point??

Thread: Whats the point??

Whats the point??

So i was in an accident on March 17,2010 i was side swiped by a taxi making an illigal lane change. I was told by the officer that im not responsible for the accident, and the adjuster also confirmed my story to be the taxi drivers fault. It's now been 3 weeks going on the 4th week and i have still yet to get confirmation on coverage, i keep calling the adjuster and she says she's tring to contact the other adjuster(but the taxi driver didn't report the accident), and the police officer is working evening shifts but only has asked for a police report now. I've rented a car to help me get to the doctor and to and from school because the motorcycle was my only vehicle and i can't borrow my dad's car all the time. I wan't to know if it will be covered under the policy and if it usually takes this long to get insurance companies to process a claim because i haven't been able to return to work since the accident.
    2006 Suzuki GS500f Sold
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

Re: Whats the point??

Which insurance company are you with? Do you have an insurance broker? Perhaps you can contact them and get them to do some leg work for you?

I would think that the car rental should be covered. But that is a question best asked to your insurance provider. You can consult the booklet which you may have received when you got your insurance policy or call them.

Im with Jevco and from what i've heard there service is bad at best, i contacted my broker the day after the accident and she had sent out all the paper work but it's the adjusters that seem to be delaying the process
    2006 Suzuki GS500f Sold
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi-Rex View Post
    Im with Jevco and from what i've heard there service is bad at best, i contacted my broker the day after the accident and she had sent out all the paper work but it's the adjusters that seem to be delaying the process
    Call the broker again. Your broker has some leverage with the company, they should be working with you on this.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

My sister had a similar problem. Her car was backed into 3 times by a drunk driver. Cops came, caught the guy, did a report. She took her car to the repair shop (which happens to be owned by our dad). They did an estimate, and were about to start repairs, but the insurance company was going to make her pay her $2000 deductible. Their reasoning for this was because the claim wasn't reported to the drunk guy's insurance company yet, so it was like a claim on my sister's insurance. But eventually, everything got all sorted out, and she didn't have to pay a cent - but it helped having the connections we have. And by the way, the whole process took about a month, start to finish.
    That said, you might have to do some of the legwork yourself - or get the repair facility to help you out.
    And with bike insurance, I highly doubt they'll pay for a rental.
    Last edited by sportbiker_kev; 04-08-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    2009 Hypermotard 1100

No good, hope all works out for you. I guess the only thing is persistence on trying to make sure they are putting things forward and moving towards you getting it covered.

G.luck.
    Cheers 'n Beers,
    Haz

Pilot, Photographer, Volleyball player and now Rider...
    Current Ride: '09 Suzuki SV650SA ABS
    Free Sempire!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    Call the broker again. Your broker has some leverage with the company, they should be working with you on this.
    I'll try calling my broker again
    2006 Suzuki GS500f Sold
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

Had a similar situation a couple years ago... guy was driving a bread truck, turned out infront me of and we came together. He blew a warning also, 9:30am on Monday. It took a while (over a month) but I did get my bike fixed for free, I got my clothes paid for, I got the value of my helmet new... gloves, paid for.

Make sure you say your gear is trashed. Get receipts for Taxi's, car rentals, days missed at work should also be documented..

Outside of being nervous I was not going to get any money, the whole ordeal worked out in my benefit.

Also since my stock exhaust pipe was bent, I got an aftermarket one installed in its replacement! Hope you have some luck like I did.

Got my crap from Shoppers Drug Mart covered, also... (band aids, rubbing alcohol, peroxide etc...)

Oh, and yes, I am with Jevco.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    Had a similar situation a couple years ago... guy was driving a bread truck, turned out infront me of and we came together. He blew a warning also, 9:30am on Monday. It took a while (over a month) but I did get my bike fixed for free, I got my clothes paid for, I got the value of my helmet new... gloves, paid for.

Make sure you say your gear is trashed. Get receipts for Taxi's, car rentals, days missed at work should also be documented..

Outside of being nervous I was not going to get any money, the whole ordeal worked out in my benefit.

Also since my stock exhaust pipe was bent, I got an aftermarket one installed in its replacement! Hope you have some luck like I did.

Got my crap from Shoppers Drug Mart covered, also... (band aids, rubbing alcohol, peroxide etc...)

Oh, and yes, I am with Jevco.
    Thats exactly what im worried about and the other guy is not talking there needs to be some sort of legal action against stuff like this maybe evading insurance. Hard enough going to school but not being able to work to pay for it is just icy on the cake. My helmet jeans and boots were all damaged but im just hating this waiting game its like russian roulete but the insurance company can't lose.
    2006 Suzuki GS500f Sold
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

Thats exactly what im worried about and the other guy is not talking there needs to be some sort of legal action against stuff like this maybe evading insurance. Hard enough going to school but not being able to work to pay for it is just icy on the cake. My helmet jeans and boots were all damaged but im just hating this waiting game its like russian roulete but the insurance company can't lose.

Just make sure you call your adjuster back (The one appointed by Jevco) and tell him you want a new helmet because this one is damaged. Tell him you got a bunch of stuff... honestly my biggest mistake was refusing the ambulance... I could be 10K richer, I'm sure.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    Just make sure you call your adjuster back (The one appointed by Jevco) and tell him you want a new helmet because this one is damaged. Tell him you got a bunch of stuff... honestly my biggest mistake was refusing the ambulance... I could be 10K richer, I'm sure.
    she already came by and picked up everything but don't have confirmation to go buy new stuff because of the other guy... i was hoping i could pick out my new gear at the show but might have to hold off... i refused the ambulance to was more concerned were my bike was going at the time but i ended up getting a x-rays after to make sure.
    2006 Suzuki GS500f Sold
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

Alright, well you are in the exact same position I was then. Don't worry about it, both parties just have to confirm that the other guy was 100% at fault.

I also was more worried about where the bike went... My bike sat in the local dealership for roughly 3.5 weeks before anyone even touched it. Hang tight and hope that you're body is healed roughly the same time the bike is!
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Yup its now been 3.5 weeks and only a quote on parts & labor has been done, looks like until the other guy grows a pair and tells his story i will be caging it for another month
    2006 Suzuki GS500f Sold
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

Ask your adjuster to order the police report or contact the officer to confirm liability.

she already came by and picked up everything but don't have confirmation to go buy new stuff because of the other guy... i was hoping i could pick out my new gear at the show but might have to hold off... i refused the ambulance to was more concerned were my bike was going at the time but i ended up getting a x-rays after to make sure.
    Your adjuster will need to confirm both liability and an existence of a valid insurance policy for the taxi in order for her to proceed under direct compensation where your gear will be covered.

I assume that you don't carry collision coverage, otherwise repairs would have been started on your bike.

In the mean time, you should replace your gear because you need it in order to ride. Even if your gear is covered, it is covered for actual cash value (the value you would get for your “used” gear if you were to sell it) and not cost of replacement. You pay up front then your adjuster will pay you back for the gear (if they can confirm as above). If you wait until after the show, you might end up paying more to replace your stuff.

The officers been working evenings so she can't get a hold of him. i say bs i was able to call the guy no problem to make sure who was at fault...and she has only ordered an accident report this week... i just wish this was faster a month is unreasonable...
    2006 Suzuki GS500f Sold
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

Hrrm this does not bode well for my claim. see my experience claiming so far thread. At this point I'm considering switching to the company that the person who hit me uses. I've gotten a better warm and fuzzy feeling from them than from my own company.
    x