Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist! - Page 24

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

I've got my test coming up in Aurora. Can anyone comment on whether or not the route is the same as perviously given? Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Re: Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Yes it's the same. My wife got her M today . She's a great rider, got her M2 at RTI and this is her third year riding her ninja 250. The headset was crap but she used the info here for the route and has been practicing for 2 months to get ready so she knew where to go. She lost 5 points and the inspector was very impressed, he was a great guy to have she said. She had an intersection accident to deal with and of course the 34 degree heat!

She's hopping on her new R6 this weekend. I'm a lucky boy, she can now not only keep up to me but kick my a** now.
    -1983 Virago 1000 -1981 Maxum 750
    -1982 Venture Royale -1984 GS750
    -1985 Katana 750 -1998 GSXR600
    - 2007 Yamaha R6

Quote Originally Posted by BULLETZZ View Post
    hey all, i passed in kitchener if anyone need's the general route. biggest problem was losing the examiner's car in traffic but you just gotta let them work their way back. worst part of test is regular driver's breaking all the law's and putting your test in jeopardy. i had a guy change lane's in an intersection as i had just taken my lane on a right turn so i had to gun it to not make it look like a near collision. also a j-walking kid was another problem in the residential portion, had to pretend it was a crosswalk for him; idiot. the key is just to do what you hear them tell you to do. they alway's preface their instruction's when "it's safe to do so". so, just do it when clear and wait if you have to make sure you are totally in the clear.
    hey bulletzz, could you please tell me the route for kitchener, i might do it at the ottawa st location., thanks

I passed in Kitchener today. Thank you GTA! It is not that bad, the examiner,John (older fellow) was nice. No problems. RELAX!!! Got 11 bad points,mostly because bad habits, but I moved my head like those dogs on the dashboard. lol Examiner told me ahead he will watch out for traction, no skidding, no burning tires! He checked signals and brakes than we were on our way. From Ottawa & Lackner Centre they took me to Lackner, left on Ottawa, expressway north (it was packed) off at next exit right on Bruce, right on Frederick, right on Edna,back to expressway south, exit at Ottawa, turn left on Ottawa, right on River, left on Holborn,right on Shaftsbury, left on Oldfield than back to the test centre parking lot again. About 20 minutes.Radio contact good with an occasional interference but he repeated every time when I tapped my helmet. So relax and be there in time !
    Wondering how the girl with the blue bike did. She said she was reading this post to get prepared.( just like I did last night)
    Thank you again and safe riding, enjoy summer!

So on tuesday i passed my M2 exit exam at the Victoria terrace location! Had a nice Guy Ric as my examiner. Was worried about speed because the location was basically a 40 zone for the entire time except the highway. Anyway passed with about 4 mistakes, 2 for left blind spot check and one for traffic speed... not sure what that ment but anyway I Passed!

Thanks for all the links and advice for you here!
    Cheers

Passed my M2X In Aurora today despite a few problems...
    Firstly, the earpiece got stuck on my jacket, so to do a full shoulder check, it started pulling out my ear piece, so i coudn't really empasize those, lost a few marks there.. When I got on the highway and turned to check my blind spot, my visor slammed open and broke off on one side, so for half of the test, i had the visor slapping me in the face. THe guy (Jim) was really nice, he told me that speed limits didnt really apply as firmy to motorcycles and to travel at a safe speed, not necessarily the speed limit. That said, I got on the 404 at about 115km/h and then settled down to 105 once i was established. I got dinged for travelling too slowly on the highway! LOL. Expecially since some people here have indicated they were failed for doing that kind of "Speeding". Had a lol moment, When i pulled over for the "Emergency Stop" two OPP Suburbans were about 5 cars back. They stopped and put their lights on, and the one approached me to ask if everything was ok. I gave thumbs up and pointed to the Test car and they moved on.

Anyways, I had a different route than everyone else has posted for Aurora:
    Start at Henderson, Right onto Yonge, Left onto Bloomington, out to the 404, North on the 404 to Wellington, Left onto wellington, Left onto Bayview, right onto Vandorf Sideroad. Left onto Industrial Parkway. Emergency Stop. Right onto Yonge, Left onto Henderson.
    1975 Suzuki T500 - 2 Stroke 500 CC Twin

Hey 2smokewilleh....you beat me to posting the amended Aurora route. I did my test there yesterday as well with Jim as my examiner. Thanks to this forum I didn’t have any difficulties, and passed no problem. I got docked a couple of points for going faster than traffic on the on ramp to the 404 and on the 404 itself...Jim could have written it up as speeding, but he was very fair and helpful. The gal before me failed and thought he was really tough, so I’m thanking this forum for all the information that helped me prepare. My husband took the course last weekend for his M2X and passed...I’d rather drop the money on the Pro Rider course to improve my skills and get another insurance break, so I’m grateful to this forum and this thread. Thanks, all!

Re: M2 Exit Test Kenora Ave. Hamilton - Here is the map

Quote Originally Posted by alexcatod View Post
    Did the test the other day at Kenora in Hamilton and thought I would share the map (searched here before the test and couldn't find one).

So here it is:
    http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...,0.077162&z=14

btw, I passed

Just passed my road test in Hamilton. Route was the same as above. Thanks everyone for your help.

I just passed my M test in Oshawa today. The guy was so cool about it. I just made sure to stay on the speed limit and exagerate head movement.

Thanks for this thread, it was very helpful in identifying their expectation. Best $75 I have ever spent.

I passed my M Road test in Burlington yesterday afternoon.

Thanks to this thread for all the great info...and to Phil at the Burlington driving center who was very nice. I remember all the driving examiners from my G1-G2-G testing days as all being jerks.

Like others have said....watch your speed....turn your head alot. It's very easy.....I only got one thing wrong and I am unsure even what it means. Something about Exiting Freeway After lane.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Passed in Brampton June 21 2011 - my feedback

Hey, passed in Brampton today. Route was almost the same as the one posted with a minor alteration (not even worth mentioning)

Examiner - friendly, explained everything and what he was looking for and gave instructions for the highway before we started. I clarified the highway portion and he explained it again and was extremely clear.

Couple of things that I missed out on:

1) check/check before moving
    2) check/check before every intersection/laneway/driveway
    3) check/check for turning (blind spot)

All in all, bad habits but it is A LOT OF CHECKING.

Speed wise, I was +- 5 over the limit residential, highway, industrial. The examiner instructed before the test not to go too slow as it is unsafe and you all know what that means! Do not fail for going too slow.

Special note to watch your speed on the on/off ramps, although the signage is yellow (recommended) the examiner does care, I was +5 on entrance ramp. Exiting you need to slow down anyway but keep that in mind.

Other than that and reading the forum before I wanted to answer some of the questions.

1) turning right - angle your bike slightly across the lane (someone else has a picture in this thread)
    2) turning left - blocking position (right tire track)
    3) on the highway I merged one lane over - from lane 1 left tire track (blocking position), to one lane over (right tire track) then back over. Keep in mind there is no "true" blocking position in the centre lane so don't go further over than you need. If you pay attention, the examiner will change lanes before you to create a "safe zone".
    4) was asked to do an emergency stop - do not panic and do not skid! They only want to see you can pull over in control.

There were some double left turn lanes (2 lanes for turning left). There was a large cement truck in front of me so i picked the outer lane and stayed in the left tire track and FAR enough back that I could see the left mirror of the truck. Some other items were, don't downshift, just brake and pull in your clutch and downshift (not letting out your clutch - you should be in first gear by the time you stop). One or 2 feet on the ground at a stop, always be in gear and check/check even if you're at a full stop. Your brake light should not go "off" while at a stop.

Nothing much more, just scout your area for speed zones, mine has a school zone (special lights flashing) to indicate it is a 40 zone, typically a 50 zone and then changes into a 60 zone - See kennedy road going north from great gulf.

Last but not least and my worst habit which I overcame for the exam, at a minimum 1 car length space when stopping behind another car.

All the best to everyone else! Incase you're curious, 6 points in total deducted. Safe travels and hopefully a very safe riding season for you and yours.
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R BLACK - Puig Double Bubble Dark Smoke Windshield, Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust, Power Commander, K&N Air Filter, Ohlins Steering Damper, Spiegler Front/Rear SS Brakelines, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Debaged, Custom Fender Eliminator

-Upcoming HIDs, LED noselight and Velocity Stacks

Re: Passed in Brampton June 21 2011 - my feedback

Just took my road test in Hamilton. Same route as above in post #468. Thanks everyone for all your posts I passed with ease. Examiner was great. He repeated everything twice and gave me the instructions for the highway portion before we began
    Last edited by dglobe; 06-27-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Re: Passed in Brampton June 21 2011 - my feedback

Does RTI offer free retest on the M2X courses?

Just Had my M2 exit test @ Belleville this afternoon..passed with about 11 points down. Its just 1 route they have for all. Good examiners. Get out on College st (Left), in to residential area for Roadside stop, hit hwy 37 N to take 401 W, exit @ Wall bridge loyalist rd to get back on 401 E, exit Hwy 37 back to ministry. Its pretty easy.
    2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200 (She1)
    1986 Yamaha MaximX 750 (She2)

Are tinted visors and running shoes ok?

Got my M from Downsview test center. Read up on this thread and remembered what the examiners will be looking for. Went to the test center the day before and tested myself, followed the posted route a few times and fix all my bad habits. Went back the next day and passed.

The listed Downsview route is fairly accurate except for the side street to test the emergency stop. My sidestreet was on the west side of Keele, north of the 401 going back to the test center.

Thanks to this thread and everyone that posted, I was more confident in taking the test and getting my M license. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by wewantthecup View Post
    Are tinted visors and running shoes ok?
    I had a tinted Visor when I did mine.....no issues.

Running shoes?! C'mon man....buy some boots.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Passed today @ Downsview. Route the same what mention in this thread ( #476 )...Examiner cool guy name Jayson..Thanks for all the information in this thread.

Passed at the Hamilton site this week. I am a pretty confident rider, but after a few years ridng the "Ministry Way" sure is tough after riding real life for 4 years, and driving for well over 20, including some bad habits picked up along the way. I felt like I hadn't ridden well at all, but I paseed fairly easily. Route is the same as mentioned here previously. Was worth reading the many pages and quick flip through the handbook. Saved me over $300 rather then taking the course.

Just did my M2Exit in Brampton and the route was exactly like shown in the videos (differs very slightly from the maps... they take you further north up Kennedy to the flashing yellow light and make you turn left there). Was really hot so I kept my visor open for all the street riding before the highway, which made hearing the instructor very hard.

Thanks for posting the videos, the score sheet and the tips. This thread helped relax during the test knowing that I was as prepared as I could be.

To the lady on the green ninja doing her test after me, hope your test went well.