Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist! - Page 13

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Re: Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Keep in mind that I haven't done the exit course in a couple years and may have fuzzy memory of the right thing to do;

1) You should keep the bike straight as well but I believe you can move blocking positions to allow you better view of traffic.

2) Your blocking position is too aggressive. You should stay in the cars driving track (where wheels run) no that close to the line itself.

3) Don't flash your brake lights when stopped. I asked the same question and the instructor said I'll be docked points if I do it.

4) For right turns you should angle your bike into the turn to make yourself more visible. If the lane is narrow this won't allow anyone to pass by, if it's a single lane in one direction you can move over slightly to allow traffic to get by you.

Hoping someone can jump in if I'm wrong in any point.

Quote Originally Posted by mjavor View Post
    Hey guys, here are my questions which I need your help on:

1) When making a left turn at a traffic light intersection, in a car, you are not allowed to angle the car left and you need to keep the wheels straight ahead, so that if you get hit from behind, you won't get pushed into oncoming traffic. Is this the same for a bike? Of course, with proper blocking position and keeping the bike straight, you would have no chance to see oncoming traffic if there was an oncoming car turning left.

2) I have a very aggressive blocking position. For example, on a road with two lanes going the same direction, my right handle bar will be right over the middle line. Do you think the tester will see this as extra safe or too aggressive?

3) They are looking for you to keep your brake light on when stopped at a light. I picked up the habit of pulsing my brake light because a flashing light is easier to notice than a solid light. I am going to try not to do it, but do you think they will dock me for that?

4) On a two lane road coming to a stop sign to make a right turn, if you are riding the proper blocking position (left tire track), are you supposed to move over to the right tire track before you stop to make the right turn or do you stay in the left tire track? If you stay in the left, the car behind you might think you are going straight and try to squeeze by you to go right. That could be trouble.

Thanks for your help. I will post the Burlington route right after I take the test.
    Current - '08 T-rex (soon to be T-rex-T)
    Current - '02 Suzuki Hayabusa-T

Ex' - '88 - Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '01 - Suzuki Gixxer 1000
    Ex' - '89 - Honda CB-1
    Ex' - '02 Yamaha R6
    Ex' - '91 Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '98 Suzuki GSXR 600

gsxr_gurl18

Hey,

Can someone please tell me where I can find the PDF file on this thread that I see people referring too? Doing my test soon and I'd love to read through it

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

Hey gsxr_gurl18,

It is in the very first post in this thread. Here it is again for you:

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/xtw...xam/m-exam.pdf

Thanks for the help Car2Slo!

gsxr_gurl18

Oh thank you so much! I was on about page 20 (started at 1), was starting to lose hope!

Test is May 19....*fingers crossed!!*

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by mjavor View Post
    Hey guys, here are my questions which I need your help on:

1) When making a left turn at a traffic light intersection, in a car, you are not allowed to angle the car left and you need to keep the wheels straight ahead, so that if you get hit from behind, you won't get pushed into oncoming traffic. Is this the same for a bike? Of course, with proper blocking position and keeping the bike straight, you would have no chance to see oncoming traffic if there was an oncoming car turning left.

2) I have a very aggressive blocking position. For example, on a road with two lanes going the same direction, my right handle bar will be right over the middle line. Do you think the tester will see this as extra safe or too aggressive?

3) They are looking for you to keep your brake light on when stopped at a light. I picked up the habit of pulsing my brake light because a flashing light is easier to notice than a solid light. I am going to try not to do it, but do you think they will dock me for that?

4) On a two lane road coming to a stop sign to make a right turn, if you are riding the proper blocking position (left tire track), are you supposed to move over to the right tire track before you stop to make the right turn or do you stay in the left tire track? If you stay in the left, the car behind you might think you are going straight and try to squeeze by you to go right. That could be trouble.

Thanks for your help. I will post the Burlington route right after I take the test.
    What Car2slo said sounds good to me.

Keep in mind when stopping that you need to stop so that the entire front tire is behind the white bar; it is best to stop around a foot or more earlier than the line because the view angle that the examiner will have will make you look on top of the line.

Don't forget to tap your brake light at the highway on ramps, using engine braking instead nets you points.

Just past my test today!! Yay!

Test was about 20 mins. Not hard at all. I literally just studied off this thread. LOL!
    I highly recommend NOT taking the M2 exit course unless you stopped riding for a few years or don't have a bike to do the test. The test was so easy is just like going for a Sunday cruise.

Anyways, let me know if u guys have any questions. I wanna give back to this thread as much as possible.
    Last edited by Sagittarius30; 04-13-2009 at 09:41 PM.

gsxr_gurl18

Congratulations!!!

Mine is May 19. I am getting nervous but it seems pretty straight forward and I read through this thread...sounds like I might be okay!

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr_gurl18 View Post
    Congratulations!!!

Mine is May 19. I am getting nervous but it seems pretty straight forward and I read through this thread...sounds like I might be okay!
    You'll be more than Okay.

The lady before me was sooooooo nervous that her voice was shaking when talking to me. Before the test, she repeatedly told the examiner how nervous she was and told him how she might mess up. lol

When she came back she thought she did horribly but she only got 18 mistakes out of the 26 limit.

Its seriously really hard to fail unless you've broke a traffic law or something (ie. Run a red, Dropped your bike, etc.)

I am taking an M2-Exit course this weekend. I changed the knobby tires of my dualsport bike with supermoto whells. Since sumo wheels are smaller (17"), the bike stand is now too long. Do I have to have a working bike stand for this test?

Thanks,

Burhan
    Husqvarna TE310

Quote Originally Posted by binsel View Post
    I am taking an M2-Exit course this weekend. I changed the knobby tires of my dualsport bike with supermoto whells. Since sumo wheels are smaller (17"), the bike stand is now too long. Do I have to have a working bike stand for this test?

Thanks,

Burhan
    Husqvarna TE310
    Yes, you're required to put the kick stand down when performing the emergency stop.

Post Re: Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

M2X at the Hamilton site - Kenora Street.
    Watch out for potholes like crazy.

Thanks everyone for their tips and for Car2Slo for starting the thread.
    Passed with ease today even though it was pouring rain and windy on the highway.

Keep cool and remind yourself that it is just another ride. If you have to take the test in the rain like me today, keep cool and ride to the weather conditions. Lots of looking left-right-lefts.

Good luck everyone.

mcgnuggitt

QUOTING : Failed my test at Downsview today. I was expecting it (I've picked up what they consider to be 'bad habits' over the last five years), but what bothered me was the reason for the fail:

As I was entering a curve in the industrial section north of Sheppard (Chesswood area), what appeared to be a municipal garbage truck came 'round the corner, with quite a lot of the truck in my lane (i.e. there *might* have been enough room for their Aveo, but absolutely no more). I, of course, moved to the right, but shortly after we exited the curve he said something (between his heavily accented English and the incredibly bad radio reception, I couldn't understand what it was). I tapped for a repeat; same problem. As soon as he began directing me back to the test centre instead of the Allen, I knew my goose was cooked.

When we got back, he told me that I hadn't 'reacted quickly enough', and he marked the 'dangerous action' and 'rider lacks sufficient skill' boxes.

OH MY GOD....SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME in July 2008. Everything went well and did the emergency park just off Chesswood. I got back on and a slow moving garbage truck with flashing lights rounded the curve behind me as I was already under way. He yelled out "Approaching Bee-hicle" (english was NOT his strong point) but the truck was well over 200 feet back doing 20-30 kph. By that time I was going fast enough to have feet on the pegs and committed to my blocking position. He guided me back to the centre adn said that proceeding into traffic is illegal. HUNH? I pressed that it is called merging, which I did safely and wan't that the point? He said no, that if there are any cars visible anywhere on the same lane as me, then I shouldn't proceed. Then in the GTA, you'd never move!!!
    I'm 37 and have 3 kids. I've taken the Conestoga rider training and Young Drivers when I first drove a 4 wheeler. I have been through Canada Safety Council defensive driver courses...TWICE. I have an F class licence and have been to skid control school. I am not a 'squid' and am ALL ABOUT safety and responsible driving, but this little bugger was out to lunch by saying I broke the highway traffic act in merging.
    I asked about appealing and was told that since he and his partner agreed, then their decision is final.
    I've been DRIVING in Canada longer than he's BEEN in Canada...and yet I got failed by this prick. Ugh.
    I am now going to take my exit at Sheridan in Oakville next week.

Passed my test today in Downsview, with one minor fault (didn't observe hazard in residential street, passed a parked truck too close).
    Still glad since it was cold, raining and windy...and that was my only 'fault'...
    Thanks to the OP for posting this and everyone else for their suggestions...

anyone know when the last time they updated the Motorcycle handbook?

I grabbed a friends book who bought it in early 2007 and I'm just wondering if that book (year) is adequate as a quick refresher (along with this thread) for the M2X?

You should be fine. Nothing really has changed. I got my M1 license back in 2003 and they just changed it a year or two ago. Don't know exactly what they added but you'll be fine for the M2X. Just review this thread, and ride.

Good luck.

Did my test at Humber College this past weekend (yes in the hail and pooring rain).

Aced it...no points.

Proud new GM owner lol
    McCowan/401

I just ran over the testimonies of others (as I'm taking my M2X tomorrow) and created a quick and dirty kmz-path. If you have Google Earth, this may be of interest to you. If you don't.. It's a free download for Linux, Mac and the Microsoft Vir.. I mean Windoze
    By the way, the forum doesn't allow me to attach kmz files so I had to zip it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

i no its not the m test but i a going for my g road test anyone no the route at the downsview location?

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photog...sx-r1000-1.jpg

09 GSXR 1000- (aka- My Baby)
    07 GSXR 600 (aka- sex hundred)- Stolen
    02 SV650 (aka- trumpet)- Stolen
    03 GS500(aka- My First Love)- Crashed

(I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back.)
    .............................$$$$Caught ya you looked$$$$

Will reading the Drivers handbook help at all with the M2X?

I mean I know signs, and rules, etc but I'm pretty sure I can't name off how many points we get for a specific offence.

thanks.

First an update.. I just got home as a new holder of a GM licence Murphy really had a hardon for me:
    1) Woke up running to the can like 5 times before I popped a couple of Peptos
    2) There was no rain on the way in
    3) It was POURING during the test
    4) When I finally picked up my GM and left the office the Sun started shining

I only got dinged for 3 points, all either pavement or comm related. My hearing sucks but the earpiece was adequate with the visor down. Unfortunately I couldn't see anything with it on, so I had to lift it and the noise overpowered the earpiece to the point where I couldn't understand the instructions (volume all the way up).

fbristow: It will.. Other than the checklist and the route it was instrumental.

By the way I got Jim and he's a rider so he understood all that I had to go through due to the conditions and he wasn't too big of a stickler.. As long as you keep it reasonable, he won't nail you for idiocies.
    Last edited by FiReSTaRT; 05-14-2009 at 02:21 PM.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]