Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Personal and examiner information has been removed but here is a copy of the M exit (license for full M) checklist that they use when doing you road test. The line items are everything they look for with a mark for each failure. 26 marks or a critical error will get you failed.

Someone feel free to host these files since my host may limit it's access eventually.

Enjoy and post if this should be stickied.

GIF version -->
    http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/xtw...xam/m-exam.gif

PDF version -->
    http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/xtw...xam/m-exam.pdf
    Current - '08 T-rex (soon to be T-rex-T)
    Current - '02 Suzuki Hayabusa-T

Ex' - '88 - Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '01 - Suzuki Gixxer 1000
    Ex' - '89 - Honda CB-1
    Ex' - '02 Yamaha R6
    Ex' - '91 Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '98 Suzuki GSXR 600

2wheelsgone
    wow nice to have someone go out of there way to post this
    much appriciated.

Quote Originally Posted by egypt_rider
    i vote sticky
    me too, go to school...

If you want this to be a sticky send a link in a PM to the mods/admins.

Thanks NinjaNikki.

Other usefull information.

- Road test takes about 35-45 minutes.
    - You wear a headset and examiner follows behind you giving directions.
    - Road test consists of the following driving conditions;
    1. Residential / Industrial road (watch for schools, trucks, driveways)
    2. Riding on regular road with left, right, intersections.
    3. Highway ride with merging, exiting and passing.
    4. 1-2 emergency stopping procedures (pulling over to the side of the road and getting off bike)

- Stuff to remember if you're doing the test. All of these identified in above test checklist.
    1. Head movement is critical and you need to do traffic checks constantly.
    2. Watch bike position and keep in correct blocking position. Also position your bike correctly for left, right turns (differs slightly on single lane and multiple lanes with designated turning lanes)
    3. Must use rear brake.
    4. Brake light must remain lit when stopped.
    5. During stopping left foot should come down, must be solid and not lifted/bounced when stopping, or dragged when starting. (bike always in gear)
    Current - '08 T-rex (soon to be T-rex-T)
    Current - '02 Suzuki Hayabusa-T

Ex' - '88 - Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '01 - Suzuki Gixxer 1000
    Ex' - '89 - Honda CB-1
    Ex' - '02 Yamaha R6
    Ex' - '91 Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '98 Suzuki GSXR 600

RRRRRRRR
    Thanks for the info

thm655321
    Although knowing the checklist will be helpful, it is not the be all and end all to enable you to pass. Take an accredited M2 exit course. Yes it costs money, but you will learn a lot and you are almost guaranteed to pass based on their teachings. Just MHO.

THM

CodeBlue
    They are also very very picky about your speed when merging on the highway. Before merging you should be up to the speed limit... but if there are cars in the merging lane they say you should wait to move? (if the lane is ending I think this is even more dangerous).

You should never make a lane change even if the car behind you is 25 car lengths away. This is because on the test you are doing the speed limit of 100km/hr... but on most highways EVERYONE is going faster so you can't lane change in front of anyone if you will cause them to break/slow down it is considered unsafe. Go figure.

The 2 other riders I talked to and did their test that day had their G licence for 10 or more years including myself and we all thought our lane changes/speed were fine...but regardless you have to do what they expect on the test.

Re: Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Quote Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
    They are also very very picky about your speed when merging on the highway. Before merging you should be up to the speed limit... but if there are cars in the merging lane they say you should wait to move? (if the lane is ending I think this is even more dangerous).

You should never make a lane change even if the car behind you is 25 car lengths away. This is because on the test you are doing the speed limit of 100km/hr... but on most highways EVERYONE is going faster so you can't lane change in front of anyone if you will cause them to break/slow down it is considered unsafe. Go figure.

The 2 other riders I talked to and did their test that day had their G licence for 10 or more years including myself and we all thought our lane changes/speed were fine...but regardless you have to do what they expect on the test.
    I guess it depends who you went with- keep up to traffic speed, if they say a lane change, you do it when its safe.. So thats your call.. when its safe. Stay at traffic speed...

ok... i gotta question then.. i have to take this test in the next year or so..

my question is.. if you are on a multi-lane highway.. you merge on.. so if you are going just 100kmph you should stay in the slow lane... but in the M1 exit course.. you are taught to use the fast lane for blocking position. IF you stay in the slow lane from the time you come onto the highway until you go off of the highway.. what is the "correct" blocking position for that slow lane?
    thanx in advance

There is no fast lane on the highway, only driving lanes and passing lanes. The right lane is the driving lane and the proper postion is the "blocking" position or l.tire track. If you need to pass you move left, make your pass and return to the right lane safely. Of course this goes out the window in rush hour and with all the nutbars out there BUT it is the way you are supposed to drive.

If you were told by someone that the driving lane is the passing lane either you heard wrong OR they were very, VERY wrong. I also happen to be an instructor at one of the GTA M1X schools (5 years) and that is not part of OUR instruction.

Rubber down, head up!

Here's the route for the Toronto M test - took it the day before yesterday (and passed)

http://www.ttsm.com/tripview.php5?t=1213
    You can actually run it in the link - and see speed
    Last edited by Dmignon; 11-14-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Took the M test today in Burlington & passed with flying colours, thanks everyone for your feedback in this thread (it really helped!).

I found the two guys that ran my test to be very nice and helpful, and made it really easy to do as I found myself to be very relaxed during the test.

Best piece of advice I can give is just to take your time, don't feel pressured when they give you instructions! I had to do the highway portion twice as I didn't feel safe making the lane change as requested, I would have done it if it was just me but didn't want to speed or look too aggressive with them behind me. So I held off and they put me back onto the highway to try it again, no problemo!
    Mike
    3rd Line & Upper Middle, Oakville

Alien (..)

Okay, I saw the link with the Toronto route for the M exam, a portion of it runs through subdivision residential areas, do I use the blocking position on those empty wide streets too? Or do I ride smack in the middle of them?

Does anyone know if the examiners ask to see valid insurance when doing the m test?

nice I passed...

and no they don't ask for insurance...

My examiner didn't ask to see anything! Didn't check the tires, working condition of the bike, nothing! Just the indicators and horn.

Left Turn and Rider Position Questions.

Just went through all 13 pages of this thread and I must say the entire test must be covered! Awesome job everyone!

Here are my three questions:
    1.While turning left at an intersection I never actually come out and wait in
    the middle of the intersection. As far as I know, that is the standard.
    Correct?
    2.Does the headset that you receive have a mic as well so that you can
    communicate back with the examiner?
    3.What kind of riding position do they expect to see if any? I guess upright
    with your head moving a lot would be ideal?

MJ

Someone posted the speed limits on side streets are all 40. This is incorrect. All speed limits in built up areas are 50 kph, unless posted otherwise. In non built up areas (highways) they are 80 unless posted otherwise. So if you come upon a street with no signs posted, assume it is 50 kph. If the powers want you to go 40 or 60 or 70, they will post signs to this effect. Even when you enter the city of Toronto a very large sign is posted telling you that all speed limits in Metro Toronto are 50 kph unless otherwise posted. It goes the same for outside of TO as well. No signs = 50, saves on sign postage.If you are on a street posted at 40, and you are suddenly allowed to go 50, a sign will be posted, stating "50". You can verify this in the on-line drivers manual from the Ontario gov't. Or flip thru the manual's pages in some book store to verify, or ask any examiner at the MTC, or ask any constable on patrol. (cop)
    I like exploring within 2 hours of the GTA. My bike is a Honda Silverwing 600 maxi-scooter... all automatic cuz I'm lazy and shiftless. My website is an ongoing personal project, which includes ride routes/maps all around the GTA. All routes are tested. All are paved. Surf over to www.wingnutty.ca for details.