Saddlebags

Thread: Saddlebags

Saddlebags

Anyone here know where there is a cycle shop that has a decent selection of saddlebags? Most of the places around here (Kitchener) only have a limited selections.

Re: Saddlebags

What kinda bike is it for. Royal Distributing in Guelph usually has some Gears and RoadPack sport style and an assortment of leather cruiser style.
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
    1979 Kawasaki KZ400B2
    2001 Kawasaki EX250-H (SOLD)

Bike show this weekend at the international center, great deals and you won't find a bigger selection. There's even a GTAmotorcycle booth there!
    Cheers
    Aminal
    In the breeze

I got some RoadKrome semi-rigid saddlebags for my bike ordered from Royal Distributing. I dont remember the model name but im very pleased with them. They came with quick disconnect brackets and a keyed lock. They were a little on the pricey side but they are bigger then most offered for my bike

Very pleased with them.
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

If I remember from previous posts you have a Vstar i think. So if you can swing it I purchased a set of cruiseliner hard bags from classiccruiser.com in the states. They're water tight and lock. Will set you back about $500.00 brackets and all. I had to install a set of lower profile rear signals. They give you a relocation kit for the signals but its a dumb setup. P.S. They don't have graphics by the way. It's just a $2.00 decal from Crappy Tire.

Last edited by The Last Boyscout; 04-08-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Boyscout View Post
    If I remember from previous posts you have a Vstar i think.
    Correct, 1100 custom. I like the style and practicality of hardbags but the banker (wife) only gave me a budget of $300. I've already found and mounted some the hangers (brand new OEM's for $39!) so I'm just trying to decide on the right ones. I'm currently leaning towards Talisman Bolt On bags (http://saddlebagsbytalisman.com/prod...products_id/65).

Quote Originally Posted by 90GT_Cobra View Post
    Correct, 1100 custom. I like the style and practicality of hardbags but the banker (wife) only gave me a budget of $300. I've already found and mounted some the hangers (brand new OEM's for $39!) so I'm just trying to decide on the right ones. I'm currently leaning towards Talisman Bolt On bags (http://saddlebagsbytalisman.com/prod...products_id/65).
    Check out the Willie and Max Saddle bages their not bad either. I used to have a set of those on my bike till I purchase the hard bags that I have on my bike now as shown in my post above.

When I was shopping for a trunk, I came across this place:
    http://www.mutazu.com/

If you want hard bags, they have lots of options for well under $300, even with signal/brake lights.

If you are interested in bags that look like leather but are rigid and lock, check out leatherlyke.

http://leatherlyke.com/srchbike.cfm?...01100%20Custom)

As for the "banker" you have a few options:

1) Pay cash and burn the receipt before she sees it.

2) Buy the bags you want and tell her "I'm the man of the house and I'll do what I want!" Just make sure you have already set up the tent in the backyard as you may be sleeping there a few nights.

3) Buy the bags you want and buy her a present to keep her from getting too mad.

4) If you're like me, you have a big stack of empties in the garage from over the winter. Return them to the beer store and you'll probably make up at least 25% of the difference between the banker's budget and the cost of the bags you want!
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.