Downtown Condo Parking

Thread: Downtown Condo Parking

Question Downtown Condo Parking

I was planning on buying a bike last year, when the parking at my apartment in Scarborough was free. I've since moved, and now I'm stuck in a downtown condo with no parking spot. It's not rented, so no -- I can't just find a new place. I'm ready to jump on board with everything this year but the only thing holding me back is my parking situation. There's nothing available for sale in the building, and I'm looking for alternatives to shelling out $150+ per month. I thought about leaving it parked for free under the city bylaw, but I'm not a fan of letting it get trashed by the elements. The area is fairy safe, aside from drunks after a Leafs win.

Any ideas? I looked into the idea of splitting a parking spot with my neighbour and his bike, but the condo board (...and I'm pretty sure it's also an Ontario Fire Code regulation) won't allow more than one vehicle per spot, which includes motorcycles.

Has anyone else had issues with this? I'm just looking for creative alternatives, 'cause I'm sure there's something I've missed. Thanks.

Re: Downtown Condo Parking

I would be more concerned with theft and theft protection.

I would definitely put theft protection as top priority, but the area is really safe. Besides, of all the shiny things they could steal from Yonge & Harbour, I doubt a beginner's 250R would be top pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    I doubt a beginner's 250R would be top pick.
    I wouldn't bet on it, thieves will steal anything.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

sell your current bike and buy a 125r no one will steal it and if it gets vadalized it doesnt hurt as much

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    if it gets vadalized it doesnt hurt as much
    Haha, the pain would be easier to deal with during counseling. I actually don't mind the 125's in the city, but I would doubt its performance on country roads and highways. I'm tall too, so it wouldn't work so well.

...and I guess thieves would jump on it. I never thought about the market being hot for a bike that sells quick to newbies like me.