Cheap Insurance Company for Age22/Male/Married?

Thread: Cheap Insurance Company for Age22/Male/Married?

Exclamation Cheap Insurance Company for Age22/Male/Married?

so just to clarify i was wondering if anyone knew any insurance companies that give cheaper insurance to a 22 year old male that's married? im not sure if that even make a difference like auto insurance does

any help would be great thanks

Re: Cheap Insurance Company for Age22/Male/Married?

Quote Originally Posted by jackiejai View Post
    so just to clarify i was wondering if anyone knew any insurance companies that give cheaper insurance to a 22 year old male that's married? im not sure if that even make a difference like auto insurance does

any help would be great thanks
    Marital status is not a rating factor with any of the bike insurers I've had experience in dealing with. You'll need to call around and get some quotes.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Your marital status puts you in a slightly better class than your non-married friends for Auto Insurance, but I have never heard of it being used for bike insurance.

You might find this post helpful:
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=111466
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

It should be cheaper when you are married, because most of your riding time is limited by her nagging at you because you want to go ride.

The only reason they have a passenger seat on sportsbikes is so that you can put your nagging wife/gf back there to hush her up for a while.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by GTASynthetics View Post
    It should be cheaper when you are married, because most of your riding time is limited by her nagging at you because you want to go ride.

The only reason they have a passenger seat on sportsbikes is so that you can put your nagging wife/gf back there to hush her up for a while.
    But having a passenger not only increases the probability of a collision, but also results in two injured people instead of just one.

Perhaps we should investigate a "passenger-free" discount to solo riders if you agree to never have a passenger on your bike?
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Perhaps we should investigate a "passenger-free" discount to solo riders if you agree to never have a passenger on your bike?
    How do you regulate it though? What happens if someone with this discount carries a passenger anyway and gets into an accident. The company will still have to pay. It would be no different than signing an agreement to ride only one bike at a time.

If that person who has a passenger-free clause ends up crashing with a passenger on the back, then the company wouldn't have to pay out anything.

(That's my understanding of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    How do you regulate it though? What happens if someone with this discount carries a passenger anyway and gets into an accident. The company will still have to pay. It would be no different than signing an agreement to ride only one bike at a time.
    I was thinking of something similar to the OPCF28a endorsement, where the listed operators would sign a form agreeing to never carry a passenger. This is different from the "one bike at a time" concept because you only need the bike's operators to sign the form.

Anyways, I'm getting ahead of myself because I haven't even attempted to prove that a passenger adds risk and claim costs, although it seems like a pretty good guess.