2010 S.O.B. (Sauga. Oakville. Burlington.)Friday Rides - Page 3

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 S.O.B. (Sauga. Oakville. Burlington.)Friday Rides

Re: 2010 S.O.B. (Sauga. Oakville. Burlington.)Friday Rides

We had a rider go down, the red Suzuki Bandit 1200 on the little Main/Osler St. bend. It happened right in front of me, but it was just so fast and unexpected especially on that turn, he went down there were sparks, crankcase got busted up, big puddle of oil. then some lady called the cops...creating an even bigger scene. Rider was ok, some rash on his knee, textile jacket got torn up pretty good, bikes gonna be outta commission for a while. I got held up writing a statement and never made it to get some wings, I went later to Dundas/403 hoping to run into some of you guys, but nothing...

I hope the rider is ok!!! He came out on this ride for the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRonin View Post
    We had a rider go down, the red Suzuki Bandit 1200 on the little Main/Osler St. bend. It happened right in front of me, but it was just so fast and unexpected especially on that turn, he went down there were sparks, crankcase got busted up, big puddle of oil. then some lady called the cops...creating an even bigger scene. Rider was ok, some rash on his knee, textile jacket got torn up pretty good, bikes gonna be outta commission for a while. I got held up writing a statement and never made it to get some wings, I went later to Dundas/403 hoping to run into some of you guys, but nothing...
    Dhruv K

Hey guys just finished scrubbing the wound, I think that hurt more than when it happened. I'm gonna go to the hospital in the morning to get everything checked out, but I think all is ok.

If I was wearing armor on my knees I would have walked away without a scratch. My textile jacket did its job and even though it's ruined there is no marks on my upper body.

I'm not sure what happened, I wasn't even going fast around the corner. It's like the front tire just slipped out from under the bike. There was no sand on the road that I could see.

The cops were ok, they just wrote a report and went on their way.

The bike is in worse shape. The crankshaft is sticking out the side of the engine case. I think it will be a parts bike.

Thanks to the guy who called motolimo.

Some pics:

The black stuff is burned jeans embedded in the skin.
    Last edited by thebigwoof; 05-01-2010 at 12:17 AM.

guys have a little decency, don't post that up here. if the rider wants to talk about it her will.

Also- it happened after the group ride, not on the the group ride. Keep in mind when you guys start heading home don't try to keep up with the faster guys if you cannot. That's the mistake this rider must have made. You all know where the destination is, go at your own pace.

LD

Loving life..

(It's only a matter of time.)

**The artist formerly known as Lucky Draggin**

Quote Originally Posted by thebigwoof View Post
    Hey guys just finished scrubbing the wound, I think that hurt more than when it happened. I'm gonna go to the hospital in the morning to get everything checked out, but I think all is ok.

If I was wearing armor on my knees I would have walked away without a scratch. My textile jacket did its job and even though it's ruined there is no marks on my upper body.

The bike is in worse shape. The crankshaft is sticking out the side of the engine case. I think it will be a parts bike.

Some pics:

Glad you're ok. Seriously, you need to reconsider your speeds. You were lucky.

Ronin- you got lucky on Mineral springs too. Yes I saw that. You need to control your speeds. An oncoming car will teach you the lesson the hard way.

Sorry to be harsh but it's the cold hard truth.

LD
    Last edited by OriginalSin; 05-01-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Loving life..

Thanks to the guy who called motolimo.

Some pics:

I'm glad you're relatively ok.
    Hope you get back out soon.

Edit: Just saw the pics: OUCH

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Draggin View Post
    guys have a little decency, don't post that up here. if the rider wants to talk about it her will.

Also- it happened after the group ride, not on the the group ride. Keep in mind when you guys start heading home don't try to keep up with the faster guys if you cannot. That's the mistake this rider must have made. You all know where the destination is, go at your own pace.

LD
    Why are you blaming the rider? Seems to me to be common that someone goes down on these rides pre, post, or during. You organize group rides, talk about how fast you are/go/ride and when someone goes down you throw up your hands and throw the rider under the bus.
    Son, observe the time and fly from evil.
    Ecc.IV.23.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoDog View Post
    Why are you blaming the rider? Seems to me to be common that someone goes down on these rides pre, post, or during. You organize group rides, talk about how fast you are/go/ride and when someone goes down you throw up your hands and throw the rider under the bus.
    xxx
    Last edited by OriginalSin; 05-01-2010 at 03:14 AM.

If it's a mistake of the rider, he or she should be blaming themselves. I'm pointing out how lucky they were, the next time will not necessarily be so forgiving. I'd rather they learn this lesson now than the hard way. People who know me know that I take care of all the people on my group rides.
    The riders who go at higher speeds.. Are capable of doing so and understand the risks.
    Backseat drivers..
    Im the one who stayed and called Motolimo

Loving life..

Guys,

I know it was my fault and you're right I was very lucky. Had there been a car in the oncoming lane I wouldn't be typing this right now. I wasn't trying to keep up with anyone. I lost control and thats it. If I was by myself I still would have crashed. The roads before where this happened were much more dangerous. Maybe that's what happened, I figured it was an easy road and wasn't paying enough attention.

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket as it seems it is my lucky day
    Last edited by thebigwoof; 05-01-2010 at 01:18 AM.

LOL! im quite sure it is physically impossible for the group leader to twist someone else's throttle as far as i know.

who's forcing who to go fast?
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DY View Post
    LOL! im quite sure it is physically impossible for the group leader to twist someone else's throttle as far as i know.

who's forcing who to go fast?

And there's absolutely no peer pressure on Friday nights, either.

[/sarcasm]
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

xxx
    Last edited by OriginalSin; 05-05-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Loving life..

Guys,

I know it was my fault and you're right I was very lucky. Had there been a car in the oncoming lane I wouldn't be typing this right now. I wasn't trying to keep up with anyone. I lost control and thats it. If I was by myself I still would have crashed. The roads before where this happened were much more dangerous. Maybe that's what happened, I figured it was an easy road and wasn't paying enough attention.

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket as it seems it is my lucky day
    Glad to hear that you're OK.
    Hope you're up and riding again soon.

-Pick up some depends and a good seat cover.

LD

Would they be located in the same aisle as the blinders and the rose coloured glasses?
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Quote Originally Posted by FullMotoJacket View Post
    Would they be located in the same aisle as the blinders and the rose coloured glasses?
    Stu, Come out on Friday and let's talk in person. I hate bantering on the forum, so impersonal don't you think?

This thread is about rides, Let's keep it that way.
    Somebody went down. Glad he was ok. He learned from it, now we move on.

I clearly stated the rules of the ride in my first post:

'Note: as long as you meet these criteria, you will never be left behind. Ride your own Ride!
    **After the ride ends, everyone is responsible to conduct themselves safely home or wherever you may be headed.'

Nobody was left behind. Even after the ride ended I was behind the fellow that went down to help. We are all adults, we make our own decisions.

LD

Loving life..

I clearly stated the rules of the ride in my first post:

'Note: as long as you meet these criteria, you will never be left behind. Ride your own Ride!
    **After the ride ends, everyone is responsible to conduct themselves safely home or wherever you may be headed.'

Nobody was left behind. Even after the ride ended I was behind the fellow that went down to help. We are all adults, we make our own decisions.

LD
    Really? I was left behind even BEFORE the ride started. Thanks for leaving me at the gas pump. I hear someone scream out "Ok let's go before anyone else shows!" because 12 of us had already shown up. So I jump on quick, zoom over to Petro to top up my tank...

...next thing I know, *POOF*... everyone's gone.
    ~~Emilio~~

'98 Suzuki GSX-R750: Sold
    '02 Yamaha R1: Sold
    '06 Suzuki GSX-R1000 CUSTOM: Current
    '08 Suzuki GSX-R750: Current

Quote Originally Posted by MassNutrition View Post
    Really? I was left behind even BEFORE the ride started. Thanks for leaving me at the gas pump. I hear someone scream out "Ok let's go before anyone else shows!" because 12 of us had already shown up. So I jump on quick, zoom over to Petro to top up my tank...

...next thing I know, *POOF*... everyone's gone.

Part of the criteria is start time. We were actually 10 minutes late departing. Why would you expect the whole group to wait for you to gas up?

Sorry about that but come prepared and on time. We don't like to leave late because we want to take advantage of the sunlight.

LD

Loving life..

RE-Post again so it's clear with Updates:

Every Friday QEW/Third Line Tim Hortons
    meet at 6:20 pm
    depart by 6:50 pm. Sharp. Don't expect we will wait for you if you arrive late.

<Always Weather Permitting>

-semi-Noob friendly- M2 (there may be some limited hwys) you should be comfortable out on the road, turns, some speed, etc. logged at least over 1000kms is usually a good measure. We have advanced riders who will go quicker but will be split from the slower riders in the pack. RIDE YOUR OWN PACE.

- If it a larger group we will split into one advanced and one noob group. In most cases we stay together, I will ask everyone at the beginning of the ride who is a noob. Please make sure to call out accordingly so we can take care of you.

-rides usually last 2-3 hours depending on what route we choose.

-if the ride is cancelled i will post it on this thread by 5pm, otherwise.. consider it on!

Note: as long as you meet these criteria, you will never be left behind. Ride your own Ride!

**After the ride ends, everyone is responsible to conduct themselves safely home or wherever you may be headed.

If you have any questions ask for Lucky Draggin at the meet spot and I'll answer any you might have.

Loving life..

Part of the criteria is start time. We were actually 10 minutes late departing. Why would you expect the whole group to wait for you to gas up?

Sorry about that but come prepared and on time. We don't like to leave late because we want to take advantage of the sunlight.

LD
    Late? Really? 10 minutes of sunlight? I stood around for 20. I didn't see in your 'criteria' where it says "Be prepared to jump on and fly!" But I do see where it says "ride your own ride"... I'll go back to the Hamilton rides, thanks.
    ~~Emilio~~

'98 Suzuki GSX-R750: Sold
    '02 Yamaha R1: Sold
    '06 Suzuki GSX-R1000 CUSTOM: Current
    '08 Suzuki GSX-R750: Current