My experience so far claiming with Jevco

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My experience so far claiming with Jevco

My experience so far claiming with Jevco

I'll be posting in this thread my on going experience with making a claim with Jevco.

On Wednesday night I was hit from behind when some one tried to make me a hood ornament on their car, ended up taking a ride in the ambulance to the hospital because there was worries about my spine/neck. A few hours later I called Jevco to report the claim at 1-877-284-8167 (the number on the back of the insurance slip) on April 1st 2001 at 2:15 am for 22 minutes. The person answering the phone took down my information, the police report # and informed me that some one would phone me with in 24-48 hours.

No call came. I figured ok maybe they aren't working on good friday.

Today I still hadn't received any word so I called the number on the back of my slip again. The lady that answered the phone informed me the number was not for Ontario residents and gave me another number (why isn't that number on any of my slips? Why didn't the person answering the phone the first time tell me this either?).

I called the number she gave me (1-877-284-8167 if you're with jevco and in ontario it might be a good idea to write this down on your insurance slip to save yourself the hassle) and when I gave my policy number I was told yet again I'd reached the wrong department and they would transfer me.

I ended up with a woman named Tracy who told me that a claim hadn't been opened up yet. What was my call for on the other day then? I don't call my insurance company to say "hey, how's it going, just thought I'd say 'Hi'". She tells me it will be another 24 hours before an adjuster can talk to me. I'm not impressed at this point. She does give me another number to reach her at should I have any issues.
    x

Re: My experience so far claiming with Jevco

It's also good to call your broker, they can get the ball rolling on your behalf.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Good to know as I'm with Jevco also

So in 4 1/2 days NOTHING has been started? Holiday or not that's BS.
    SOMEONE must be working at least on the Saturday or today if anything.

This is interesting as I too am with Jevco.

I made a claim through Jevco last October and they were very helpful. I ended up settling with the other driver's insurance company with a one time cash payment.

This should be interesting.

My experience with Jevco was decidedly terrible. They would not return calls. In their Montreal office they only had one person that spoke English, supposedly, and the rest would just hang up.

Document everything. Document that you went to the ER, Document that you called Jevco, when, who you spoke to, everything, just to be safe. You don't really know your insurance company until you have a claims experience.

They don't expect you to live after a motorcycle accident, so they don't go all out on the after crash warm and fuzzies.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    I made a claim through Jevco last October and they were very helpful. I ended up settling with the other driver's insurance company with a one time cash payment.
    On second recollection, it wasn't Jevco. It was Masters, my car insurance broker and the policy is Aviva. Sorry for the error. I've never made a claim through Jevco.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    I'll be posting in this thread my on going experience with making a claim with Jevco.

On Wednesday night I was hit from behind when some one tried to make me a hood ornament on their car, ended up taking a ride in the ambulance to the hospital because there was worries about my spine/neck. A few hours later I called Jevco to report the claim at 1-877-284-8167 (the number on the back of the insurance slip) on April 1st 2001 at 2:15 am for 22 minutes. The person answering the phone took down my information, the police report # and informed me that some one would phone me with in 24-48 hours.

Today I still hadn't received any word so I called the number on the back of my slip again. The lady that answered the phone informed me the number was not for Ontario residents and gave me another number (why isn't that number on any of my slips? Why didn't the person answering the phone the first time tell me this either?).

I called the number she gave me (1-877-284-8167 if you're with jevco and in ontario it might be a good idea to write this down on your insurance slip to save yourself the hassle) and when I gave my policy number I was told yet again I'd reached the wrong department and they would transfer me.

I ended up with a woman named Tracy who told me that a claim hadn't been opened up yet. What was my call for on the other day then? I don't call my insurance company to say "hey, how's it going, just thought I'd say 'Hi'". She tells me it will be another 24 hours before an adjuster can talk to me. I'm not impressed at this point. She does give me another number to reach her at should I have any issues.
    Call your insurance broker. Your insurance broker is there to help you if you are having any difficulties during the claims process. I'm sure they'd be happy to help and also address any general problems with Jevco on behalf of all their clients.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

Not a good reflection on the insurance industry's claims service.

I can guarantee this would not happen with Allstate or Pembridge Insurance.

The nice part at least is that we don't have government insurance where they are the only player in town.

Use this as a reason to shop your policy elsewhere and perhaps if you ever have a claims experience again you'll have better luck.

I knew Jevco had a lousy claim payout procedure and everyone I referred to Jevco I warned them about it. But for the quote they give you I took that risk having 3 bikes currently insured under them.

But yeah like everyone said have you spoken to your broker?

There was a jevco review a while back and a member here had a positive experience with it:
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...42&postcount=5

I'm with jevco as well so I'm interested in how your claim turns out. Thanks for the updates!

same here - i'm with jevco and would like to hear more on the outcome of this.

is ur broker avi? if so, give him a ring

Thanks Lisa for the information as I'm with Jevco as well. I'm also interested to hear how you make out. I hope their customer service improves as business relies on word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post

So what is the right number to call for Jevco Ontario?

Quote Originally Posted by clutch View Post
    So what is the right number to call for Jevco Ontario?
    You need to call your broker in order for them to file a claim with Jevco.
    Hytham Bayoumi
    Client Executive
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

Direct: 416-908-1865
    hbayoumi@pottruffsmith.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hytham Bayoumi View Post
    You need to call your broker in order for them to file a claim with Jevco.
    Thanks Hytham. So if an accident happens on a fri long weekend would I need to wait until Mon next business day for the broker to open and file a claim?

Thanks Hytham. So if an accident happens on a fri long weekend would I need to wait until Mon next business day for the broker to open and file a claim?
    No problem. In the event of an emergancy claim call the number given. Any other claims, wait until the brokerage is open, next business day. The emergancy number should be sufficent in emergancy situations. In this case is the OP was very unfortunate, and should contact her broker for assistance in the matter.

Hope this helps.
    Hytham Bayoumi
    Client Executive
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

Direct: 416-908-1865
    hbayoumi@pottruffsmith.com

No. Many brokers are available throughout long weekends for emergency's via email and cell phone.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

I have dealt with different insurance companies in the past and have found the best thing to do if possible is to go through the broker. You are just a number to the companies but you are a customer to the broker.