U.S Bike with Salvaged title, Need to register in Ontario - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U.S Bike with Salvaged title, Need to register in Ontario

Re: U.S Bike with Salvaged title, Need to register in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by rider4life View Post
    I guess I'm not explaining things right, but any way it is possible to still get a salvage title bike on the road in Ontario.

no, it cannot be done.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    no, it cannot be done.
    Yes, you can.

By the same logic as what he is proposing, here is the process. "Radiator Cap Overhaul"

1. Remove the radiator cap from the bike with the salvaged title.

2. Chuck away everything underneath it - including, most critically, the frame that has the VIN number associated with the salvaged title.

3. Re-assemble everything, including, most critically, a frame that has a VIN number associated with an unbranded (clear) title. How you obtain that frame with clear title and ownership is beyond the scope of this process. If you obtain that ciear-title frame and ownership by buying an entire different bike, you might as well just register that one, but be that as it may ...

4. Re-install the radiator cap.

'Course, by doing this, the bike you are registering is no longer the same bike as the one that had the salvaged title. Maybe a few shared parts, but not the one critical part associated with the VIN and the ownership and the title and the branding ...

Yes, as I said earlier in the thread it would only be possible with a frame that has not been written off or re-registered as "repairable", even in another jurisdiction.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde