Beginner Dirt Bike for a Girl - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginner Dirt Bike for a Girl

Re: Beginner Dirt Bike for a Girl

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post
    Okay so I want to get my girlfriend into the dirkbike scene. She has no motorcycle experience though- she can drive standard well, and she has been riding snow mobiles since she was younger...
    She is 5'8 130ish I was thinking honda crf230 or yamaha ttr230. Any reccomendations or help would be appreciated Thanks in advance

I just got my girlfriend a Honda CRF150r "small wheel" and it fits her perfectly. She is the same size and has the same experience as your girlfriend.

PM me if you want more information.

Thanks for all the help guys and gals. I have gotten a good idea of what to look for. I hope I can catch a few demo days to try and get her to ride before we buy. If anybody sees a great used ad for a bike and thinks it may be suitable, feel free to pm me, I would appreciate it. Regards, J

Not sure if you can access this forum if you're not a member, but there are loads of bikes both big and small for sale in there:

http://www.odsc.on.ca/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7

Quote Originally Posted by jdepp View Post
    A CR 125 is not good choice for a new rider.She would loop it first time out.Way too twitchy and power comes on like a light switch
    Even the KDX's will probably be to much.

Dont forget about the KX 100 great little 2stroke with good bottom end,all you need is a flywheel weight.