CHEAP HID Kits! as low as 17.50 USD - Page 3

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CHEAP HID Kits! as low as 17.50 USD

Re: CHEAP HID Kits! as low as 17.50 USD

Quote Originally Posted by Adli View Post
    Shipping fees go up, as they only offer USPS Expedited...
    BUT we get the kits faster :/
    Still don't do it, stick with USPS or your final costs will go up to neutralize any shipping savings after brokerage and duties.
    Current - '08 T-rex (soon to be T-rex-T)
    Current - '02 Suzuki Hayabusa-T

Ex' - '88 - Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '01 - Suzuki Gixxer 1000
    Ex' - '89 - Honda CB-1
    Ex' - '02 Yamaha R6
    Ex' - '91 Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '98 Suzuki GSXR 600

Shipping fees go up, as they only offer USPS Expedited...
    BUT we get the kits faster :/
    If we go in on the group buy, we're obviously splitting the shipping. I just looked at what it would cost to do just my own order and the shipping is almost as much as my order. (38.00) When you put the group order together, how much is your shipping quote? If I'm going to spend 20 dollars or more on shipping towards the group order (assuming the shipping cost gets higher with more units on the order) then I'll spend the extra 18 and have it shipped to my front door and opt out of the group buy. Let me know before you place the order how much shipping is going to be per buyer.
    ~Get busy living or get busy dying~

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Quote Originally Posted by aircav View Post
    Gixxers tend to get grumpy and go on a work to rule program.
    Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    what if your a Blind dyslexic ?

and do they have braille in different languages, or is it universal ?

I ordered 7 kits last December @ $30 ea. Sub Total was $210. Shipping via USPS was $48. When it got to my door I had to pay an additional $38 in customs fees and sales tax.

So, the more units you order at once the cheaper the shipping costs per item become.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

Here is what we have so far, Please correct any errors.

Note that shipping is based on order size. Those with large order are still saving money!

Spread Sheet Here
    Last edited by Adli; 04-01-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    1998 YZF600R

Quote Originally Posted by SPDDMN View Post
    then I'll spend the extra 18 and have it shipped to my front door and opt out of the group buy. Let me know before you place the order how much shipping is going to be per buyer.
    We could always just divide it evenly, I think that would give everyone a good price.

Suggestions?

That quote is based on 12 units ( 2dual, 4 single and 4 hi/lo).. $111.70
    My postal code is l9p 1b7 for reference.
    1998 YZF600R

New PM sent (updated order)

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    I ordered 7 kits last December @ $30 ea. Sub Total was $210. Shipping via USPS was $48. When it got to my door I had to pay an additional $38 in customs fees and sales tax.

So, the more units you order at once the cheaper the shipping costs per item become.
    To save on duties we should ask DDM to put the value WAY down say $60 and or mark the package as "refund" or " exchange" and we wont pay anything... I JUST spoke with someone about this a few hours ago

X = accounted for (in my cart)
    = style+bulb size doesn't exist!!!!
    1998 YZF600R

You need to change mine to dual H7

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    I've purchased quite a few kits from DDM Tuning myself. I installed a 55 watt unit on my bike after reading an HID comparison here: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=133338 .

Can't beat the price and fantastic light output. Never been flashed, but I also adjusted my aim down a bit using my garage door as a reference. Peripheral lighting is very good as well. I've seen many bikes running HID's, I haven't been "blinded" or "dazzled" at all even while in my car. (Stop freakin' looking at the lights).

Besides, if the extra brightness and colour helps some left-turning idiot notice us that's even better.
    There's no evidence to suggest it increases visiblity or increases our safety.

If anything it likely puts you in more danger than anything. Imagine being on a two lane road with no streetlights and a car is oncoming. You're essentially blinding them more. So in their effort to stop from going off the road, they may end up crossing over.

Ppl just figure, 'great, more light', but it really needs to be thought through. That's why when you get these from the factory in cars, they ALL have projectors mounted infront of the bulb.

Without it, you're just washing out others ability to see properly.
    james
    07 Harley Sportster

GEAR - some people ride with it, some people don't. It's time to accept this fact and move onto more pressing preaching.

HID's - your crappy install is blinding and annoying everyone else - not to mention putting yourself in some degree of danger.

Can we make a category called, "My skills suck, lemme tell you why.." forum?

I'm buying 8 single kits for myself and a bunch of co-workers who are putting them in their cars. Not all cars have the projectors in them and I'm talking about cars that come stock with HID lights. Have you gone and inspected every manufacturer and seen if their cars have the proper projectors you claim are necessary to project the light in such a fashion as to not blind oncoming motorists?

Do you mean to say that if the projectors are not present in cars, that the manufacturer is intentionally putting out a product that could cause a distraction to other motorists and increase head on collisions because the oncoming motorist gets blinded and moves into the path of the other vehicle?

I agree the projectors do help but I know for a FACT that the manufacturer that I work for does not have projectors in their headlights to direct the beam in what you deem is the only way to not "essentially" blind other motorists. Instead the light is angled in such a way that though use of headlight alignment the beam does not blind oncoming motorists. Can you believe it that there's headlight alignment tools that are used to ensure the light is projected at a proper height as to illuminate the road and not blind people in oncoming traffic?

Please support your claim that ALL manufacturers who use HID lights, use proper projectors.

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

Anyone have experience with parts shipped from the USA with UPS?
    I dont wanna get ****ed with Duties and Taxes.

Let Me Know~!
    I bought my kit from DDM a few months ago and was shipped UPS. Got dinged with $23 brokerage fees...so all in all it probable cost me about $80 CAD.

I have the 5000k bulb in my 2006 Gixxer and so far I haven't had anybody complain that it's too bright. Asked a couple of my buds if it was annoying when I was riding behind them and they all said it was fine.

IMO, the light output is much better than with my stock bulb.

Keep in mind that the higher the temperature of the bulb you get 6000k +, the less the light output you'll see on the actual road.

5000k should be as close to pure white as possible without the bluish tint...I'm not a fan of that bluish tint.

Hope this helps.
    2011 Ducati 848 EVO Dark Stealth

Do you mean to say that if the projectors are not present in cars, that the manufacturer is intentionally putting out a product that could cause a distraction to other motorists and increase head on collisions because the oncoming motorist gets blinded and moves into the path of the other vehicle?

I agree the projectors do help but I know for a FACT that the manufacturer that I work for does not have projectors in their headlights to direct the beam in what you deem is the only way to not "essentially" blind other motorists. Instead the light is angled in such a way that though use of headlight alignment the beam does not blind oncoming motorists. Can you believe it that there's headlight alignment tools that are used to ensure the light is projected at a proper height as to illuminate the road and not blind people in oncoming traffic?

Please support your claim that ALL manufacturers who use HID lights, use proper projectors.
    This is the biggest ******** i have read... you can not put hid bulbs in a stock halogen reflector and expect it to be aimed properly

Yes there are manufactures that use hids with reflectors from the factory (nissan maxima, acura tl) but they are designed to except a hid bulb.

1.The bulb has a shield on it preventing light from hitting the bottom half of the reflector focusing the light beam to the ground.
    2.Take a look at your reflector its not a round bowl like in your flashlight its a computer designed reflector with varying cuts and angles to reflect light away from oncoming traffic.
    3.An hid bulb doesn't have a filament it has an arc. Your reflector is designed to receive light from a straight filament not a random arc.
    4.The adjustments on a stock reflector are for that a stock bulb not a hid bulb. Lowering the beam is just putting light on the road right ahead of you not projecting the light further down the road.

By all means buy cheap hids, but don't fool your self that your reflectors were designed for hids
    And don't buy a 55watt kit if you don't plan on running a separate power and ground cable or you'll have to buy a new bike harness
    Last edited by Kawi-Rex; 04-02-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    2006 Suzuki GS500f Sold
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

pm sent.

Quote Originally Posted by GTASynthetics View Post
    These kits are horrible. since you don't have the proper lenses it's just a blur of light, and then you burn out your electrical system.
    Nothing happens to your electrical system, they draw the same power as your bulb.

Depinding on your light housing, you may get better or worse light distribution. For my Bandit it works excellent, better night vision 100%, but the light housing comes with a precise cutoff from the factory.

Yes I goot both high and low from DDM (paid $10 more) and installed the low allready, huge difference FOR MY TYPE OF BIKE. Just wondering, since you say they are horrible, do you have one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi-Rex View Post
    This is the biggest ******** i have read... you can not put hid bulbs in a stock halogen reflector and expect it to be aimed properly

Yes there are manufactures that use hids with reflectors from the factory (nissan maxima, acura tl) but they are designed to except a hid bulb.

1.The bulb has a shield on it preventing light from hitting the bottom half of the reflector focusing the light beam to the ground.
    2.Take a look at your reflector its not a round bowl like in your flashlight its a computer designed reflector with varying cuts and angles to reflect light away from oncoming traffic.
    3.An hid bulb doesn't have a filament it has an arc. Your reflector is designed to receive light from a straight filament not a random arc.
    4.The adjustments on a stock reflector are for that a stock bulb not a hid bulb. Lowering the beam is just putting light on the road right ahead of you not projecting the light further down the road.

By all means buy cheap hids, but don't fool your self that your reflectors were designed for hids
    And don't buy a 55watt kit if you don't plan on running a separate power and ground cable or you'll have to buy a new bike harness
    It would seem to me that there are more people who have said they've used these kits without any problems and only you that is crying about how you're blinding people. You're also making generalizations about every manufacturer's setups but only quote Nissan and Acura in your example for cars that use the proper projectors. I know for a FACT that the only difference between an HID and non HID headlight assembly from the manufacturer I work for, is the HID has a ballast and igniter inside the housing. Oh and the bulbs are visibly different because the HID bulb is an arc as you say. But the guts of the headlight assembly are both the same. So how is this so if you say that all manufacturers have the reflector setup as you would describe it?

Oh and guess what, my 2004 GSX-R for the low beam, which is the only bulb I'm changing (so my hi-beam when flashing to pass doesn't have a delay as it fires up), has the angel eyes projector already built into the headlight assembly. So looks like this kit will plug right into my bike without worry and won't blind people as you are so concerned about. That bulb (my low beam) already is a 55 watt bulb. So tell me how a 55 watt HID setup going to destroy my harness? Don't you think if the 55 watt setups burned out harnesses, that there would be people posting about that problem. Did you hook up a 55 watt setup into yours and melt your harness? Sure you didn't screw up your install?

2004 Stealth GSX-R 750

You're also making generalizations about every manufacturer's setups but only quote Nissan and Acura in your example for cars that use the proper projectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawi-Rex
    Really did you even read what i said
    I know for a FACT that the only difference between an HID and non HID headlight assembly from the manufacturer I work for, is the HID has a ballast and igniter inside the housing.
    You keep claiming facts but don't present can you say who you work for or the car?
    Oh and the bulbs are visibly different because the HID bulb is an arc as you say. But the guts of the headlight assembly are both the same.
    Did you go as far as disasseble the housing and compare the reflectors because halogen bulb and a hid bulb have different focal points.

Oh and guess what, my 2004 GSX-R for the low beam, which is the only bulb I'm changing (so my hi-beam when flashing to pass doesn't have a delay as it fires up), has the angel eyes projector already built into the headlight assembly.
    You claim to work for some mysterious car company maybe a dealer but you should know that just because a car has tires doesn't mean there the right tires for snow, rain, mud,or dry road. Then why can't you understand that if a reflector or projector is designed for a halogen bulbs it won't accept a hid bulb and perform the same.
    That bulb (my low beam) already is a 55 watt bulb. So tell me how a 55 watt HID setup going to destroy my harness?
    A hid bulb requires 20-30 seconds to warm up in those 20-30 secs it is drawing about 10-15A which is what would normally be need at start up of a halogen bulb for maybe 10-20ms. In a 35 watt harness which wasn't designed to handle that much current it would melt and short out.
    2006 Suzuki GS500f Sold
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

It would seem to me that there are more people who have said they've used these kits without any problems and only you that is crying about how you're blinding people. You're also making generalizations about every manufacturer's setups but only quote Nissan and Acura in your example for cars that use the proper projectors. I know for a FACT that the only difference between an HID and non HID headlight assembly from the manufacturer I work for, is the HID has a ballast and igniter inside the housing. Oh and the bulbs are visibly different because the HID bulb is an arc as you say. But the guts of the headlight assembly are both the same. So how is this so if you say that all manufacturers have the reflector setup as you would describe it?

Oh and guess what, my 2004 GSX-R for the low beam, which is the only bulb I'm changing (so my hi-beam when flashing to pass doesn't have a delay as it fires up), has the angel eyes projector already built into the headlight assembly. So looks like this kit will plug right into my bike without worry and won't blind people as you are so concerned about. That bulb (my low beam) already is a 55 watt bulb. So tell me how a 55 watt HID setup going to destroy my harness? Don't you think if the 55 watt setups burned out harnesses, that there would be people posting about that problem. Did you hook up a 55 watt setup into yours and melt your harness? Sure you didn't screw up your install?
    he makes a valid arguement, BUT he's missing 1 key fact.

Cars that use 1 bulb for high/low is normally the ones that blind people. If your car has seperate bulbs for high low, the headlight housings are already set up so that the lowbeams are angled slightly lower.

ofcourse you're still not maximizing light outup without the proper projector, but you won't be blinding anyone. and on a side note.. i get blinded by SUV's Trucks all the time with halogens...

as you pointed out, some manufactures (mazda comes to mind) use projectors with/ without an actual HID.

Quote Originally Posted by adidascanada View Post
    Please post your review...
    I have that exact kit (DDM 55W) kit in my Hyundai Accent. I had to squint when pulling up to stop signs they are so damn bright.

Be sure to aim your headlights WAY down if you don't have projectors

Quality of the kit was top notch. They light the bulbs even if I have them on when I start my car with the stereo cranked and fan on, etc.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

PM me your order (style, Watts, Colour, Bulb, Contact info-GTAM name too)
    PM sent (Dual H7 55watt 3000k).

Now... just need to source a time delay relay...

-Jamie M.