3 minor speeding tickets.. choices?

Thread: 3 minor speeding tickets.. choices?

Post 3 minor speeding tickets.. choices?

Hi guys,
    Asking a little advice,
    So my brother aged 28, (GM licence plus previously insured) wants to insure a 2007 zx6r, statefarm won't insure because he has 3 minor speeding tickets.. trying to see if he can salvage the riding season. Will contact Avi, any other recommended companies? And is it a given that any company that does insure him will give it to him up the *****?

Thanks!

Re: 3 minor speeding tickets.. choices?

Quote Originally Posted by abe86 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Asking a little advice,
    So my brother aged 28, (GM licence plus previously insured) wants to insure a 2007 zx6r, statefarm won't insure because he has 3 minor speeding tickets.. trying to see if he can salvage the riding season. Will contact Avi, any other recommended companies? And is it a given that any company that does insure him will give it to him up the *****?

Thanks!
    Yes, that is a given. When he turns 30yo, he could try giving TD/Melloche Monnex/Primmum a shot, but until those convictions come off he is likely out of luck.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Thats unlucky..
    Just hopped on state farm today, i have my 86 jetta with them, and i have 3 minor convictions, im 21, GM2, and i pay 180 for minimum coverage.

They said that there are no discounts available with motorcycle insurance, not like the car side; no good student, no multi line, etc, etc. They only look at CC's, and i guess in your case, convictions.

I have to be super careful, one more conviction and State Farm will drop me like a bad habbit. Good news is that i drop two of the three tickets by june. (would have been three years.

Maybe call up another broker? Im with Sandy Mackenzie in Stouffville. Ask to speak with heather.

Good Luck!
    1998 YZF600R

Quote Originally Posted by Adli View Post
    They said that there are no discounts available with motorcycle insurance, not like the car side; no good student, no multi line, etc, etc. They only look at CC's, and i guess in your case, convictions.
    That's absolutely false information. They look at much more than displacement and convictions, and they do offer discounts. In fact, the multi-product discount is quite substantial, in the neighbourhood of 35% off your bike premium with State Farm.
    Last edited by VifferFun; 03-31-2010 at 12:39 PM.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Then my agent blatantly lied to us both. Why would i make that up??
    I can only guess as to why that is the case for me, i asked to try to lower mine, but no luck, Even though i have a car, and good student discount with them.

It beats me man.
    1998 YZF600R

I can only guess as to why that is the case for me, i asked to try to lower mine, but no luck, Even though i have a car, and good student discount with them.

It beats me man.
    I'm not sure why . . . perhaps they simply weren't aware of the discount, or they were trying to push away your business because they think you will hurt the profitability of their book (and hence commissions). It is true that there are less discounts for motorcycles, but is not true that there are no discounts for motorcycles. Perhaps you are confusing "multi-product" discount with "multi-vehicle" discount?

It's possible that you have a "bad agent". I suggest you contact one of the agents who are raved about here on GTAM.

It beats me man.
    Ask them for that statement in writing...

Quote Originally Posted by abe86 View Post
    aged 28, has 3 minor speeding tickets
    I assume all the tickets were in his car??? Call Katherine 905-987-1221 and tell her:

you don't want life insurance
    no you will never ever insure a car ever with state farm so don't even try and quote me

Let me know the quote he gets

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...