Suggestions for a quick weekend gettaway

Thread: Suggestions for a quick weekend gettaway

Suggestions for a quick weekend gettaway

I just discovered its a long weekend and the weather is supposed to be great, and now that I'm set to go with my heated gear I want to take my first overnight trip for the season. My GF also happens to have some time off, which is rare. Where is a good place we can drive to in 4 hours or so where we can get a little cabin on a lake for a night for a reasonable price? I want to leave friday and come back saturday. Any suggestions?
    Current bike - 2008 Vulcan 900c

Re: Suggestions for a quick weekend gettaway

I like the 'Ox Narrows" on Kusgog lake, laid back place with good food, it is on hyw 35 10 minutes north of hyw 118
    Coming next month a good friend of mine will also have cottages to rent on Kushog lake called "Kusgog Korners"

You could also go to Bala, theres nice cottages you can rent on the river just a bit down from the falls.
    You can get to use Southwood Road 13 to get there.

Olean NY.
    If you have passports.PM me. It is right on the border between NY and PA, an hour south of Buffalo. Roads and scenery are gorgeous. And you can daytrip it out of the a frame chalet into PA no probs. Hwy 44, 141, 664, and the Longhouse Scenic Drive are all incredible roads , as are all of the ones inside the Allegheney Nat'l Park at Salamanca NY. The chalet is right on the shore of Allegheny River, in the woods.
    $75/night.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Thanks for the suggestions. My girlfriends passport needs to be renewed, so the US is not an option. Sounds great thoug. I'll look into each of these. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Olean NY.
    If you have passports.PM me. It is right on the border between NY and PA, an hour south of Buffalo. Roads and scenery are gorgeous. And you can daytrip it out of the a frame chalet into PA no probs. Hwy 44, 141, 664, and the Longhouse Scenic Drive are all incredible roads , as are all of the ones inside the Allegheney Nat'l Park at Salamanca NY. The chalet is right on the shore of Allegheny River, in the woods.
    $75/night.
    Glad to hear the roads are nice around here, I'm headed to Allegheney for the May 24 long weekend
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhacide View Post
    I just discovered its a long weekend and the weather is supposed to be great, and now that I'm set to go with my heated gear I want to take my first overnight trip for the season. My GF also happens to have some time off, which is rare. Where is a good place we can drive to in 4 hours or so where we can get a little cabin on a lake for a night for a reasonable price? I want to leave friday and come back saturday. Any suggestions?

Grab a Map

Measure out 320 / 400km and draw a circle

Pick a direction and GO

Chances are it will be the best trip you'll ever take
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

I'm sure this message is too late but I can't help but think a ride out toward Ottawa would be a good choice. Perhaps take Calabogie and see if the resorts at Calabogie are open. if not head on to Ottawa and then spend the next day riding in Quebec.

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

We ended up going to North Bay, nice little town. I'd never been so we said whatever, lets check it out. I couldn't seem to to find anyone that wanted to rent a cabin for a day. Had a nice meal and got a nice hotel room. Went swimming and chilled out. Then today from there we drove to Orangeville and then headed to Niagara Falls after hitting Forks of the Credit area for my first time (almost crashed, lol). Did a good 1100km or so.

Pleasantly exhausted

Thanks for all the suggestions.

there is a website called motorcycle meetup and it is all about small groups getting together for trips just like this. it may not be something you want to do as far as the group ride thing goes but it may give you some ideas!
    it's hard out here for a pimp
    2000 valkyrie interstate
    great hair