25 at state farm for insurance

Thread: 25 at state farm for insurance

25 at state farm for insurance

have any of you guys heard that you need to be 25 to get insurance at state farm on a r6 my nephew is 24 just bought a 99 r6 and they wont insure him at the state farm in welland any one know if it a policy of state farm now or just this one branch

Re: 25 at state farm for insurance

You don't need to be 25 but you must have had a G license for at least 5 years so maybe that is the issue. All of the state farm offices are going to provide the same qoute if the info provided is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcamaro View Post
    You don't need to be 25 but you must have had a G license for at least 5 years so maybe that is the issue. All of the state farm offices are going to provide the same qoute if the info provided is the same.

Not your G license but starting from your G1, so 3 year with your G if you got everything on time and asap.

Proud owner of a 2001 Kawi 250 (low side count: 3)
    UWaterloo '13-14 - Fin. Analysis, Com. Sci. (SE) Double
    (don't hate on the sig...ye have been warned...)

My guess is that the nephew doesn't have his full G and/or hasn't been licensed for 5 years since his G1.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I had both car and bike insurance with SF when I was 20. At most I would have had my drivers licence for 4 years. At this point I did have a GM2 class licence though.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTPC View Post
    I had both car and bike insurance with SF when I was 20. At most I would have had my drivers licence for 4 years. At this point I did have a GM2 class licence though.
    Was this a long time ago? They might have made a special provision for you if you were close to being licensed for five years.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcamaro View Post
    this is WRONG. It needs to be 5 years from the date you got your G1. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    this is WRONG. It needs to be 5 years from the date you got your G1. That's all.
    It's easier to say that four years must have elapsed since the date that you got your G2, since you are only credited a maximum of one year for your G1 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    It's easier to say that four years must have elapsed since the date that you got your G2, since you are only credited a maximum of one year for your G1 experience.
    And if you take drivers ed. you can get your G2 only eight months after getting your G1. So 4 years after that would not be 5 years driving experience.

And if you take drivers ed. you can get your G2 only eight months after getting your G1. So 4 years after that would not be 5 years driving experience.
    But I think it is better than saying five years since your G1, since many people keep their G1 for more than a year (although I have no idea why). It is possible that State Farm might credit you one full year of experience for your G1, even if you were only licensed for 8mo. An employer that I used to work for did this.

For most companies, the precise answer is:

Years Licensed = Min(1, Years Licensed with G1) + Years Licensed with G2 + Years Licensed with G

Ah, good call. People actually renew the G1????

Ah, good call. People actually renew the G1????
    The G1 doesn't expire for five years. I had a friend who actually held his G1 for three or four years. It's absolutely STUPID to do this, because you aren't increasing your number of years licensed until you get your G2.

thanks for all the answers and viffer great chart