M2 exit in Whitby as well

Thread: M2 exit in Whitby as well

M2 exit in Whitby as well

Sorry I am new to the forum, still trying to learning to post in the correct area

I am also taking my M2 exit this coming summer at Durham college in Whitby. Does anybody know the route they take?

thanks

Re: M2 exit in Whitby as well

Quote Originally Posted by mybluebike View Post
    Sorry I am new to the forum, still trying to learning to post in the correct area

I am also taking my M2 exit this coming summer at Durham college in Whitby. Does anybody know the route they take?

thanks
    The route isn't nearly as important as what the instructor will be looking for. Learn that, routes are easy.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

sorry, i have no idea what route they take, but what days are u there for? Im june 4th weekend

You'll be going on the highway.

So make sure you're comfortable with lane changes and being on the highway.
    '08 Hurricane White CBR125R - SOLD
    '11 Metallic Black CBR 250RA

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    The route isn't nearly as important as what the instructor will be looking for. Learn that, routes are easy.
    I beg to differ.. Studying up on the route at another testing center yielded 2 very solid benefits to me:
    1) It was raining hard so I couldn't see anything with the visor down. When the visor was up, I couldn't hear the instructions clearly. Knowing the route helped me make sense of the garbled instructions that I heard.
    2) If you know the route, it's easier to just focus on proper technique.
    I didn't get around to practicing the route (even though I regularly practiced some habits that they expected for us to demonstrate and that I neglected in regular riding), but I went over it a few times on Google Earth and I knew the general area as a former employer had a storage unit there.
    If your route isn't posted in the M2x checklist thread, I hope somebody posts it up here and wish you the best of luck
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

I got into a discussion about that with a rider who did the Oshawa route, and changed my mind. The Newmarket route I rode in perfect conditions, and it really contains no surprises imho, but the Oshawa rider commented about a tricky portion of the on ramp to the highway, something about merging onto the highway across a bus lane from the on ramp, and that it was crucial to signal for three seconds prior to each lane change, which meant that the on ramp speed had to be slower than he normally took to give him time to properly signal each change and merge across two lanes. Does this sound right to you?

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

I took my exit last year in Oshawa and 'if this helps' there's very little time on the highway. I went from Harmony entrance -> Stevenson which allowed for a basic 'get on, move to middle, immediately move back and off' so there' not much time on the highway.

One important thing they don't tell you is about your emergency/breakdown stop. I pulled over, signalled and then looked around (and just sat there for like 2 minutes). What they were looking for is for me to get off and pretend to take my helmet off. Pretty darned picky as I know I would have gotten off if my bike was broke and the kickstand was down so ...

All griping aside, I don't know the exact route but I think you can expect no higher than Kingston/Dundas and no lower than Bayly/Victoria. HWY time is usually limited and there will be alot of suburb area done to cover 4 way stops, yields etc.

Hope this serves you well

Thanks everyone for all the tips, suggestions and well wishes.
    I am there on the Aug 27 weekend.

I lived in Whitby for a while and know the area quite well, so any route they take won't be a surprise to me.

Thanks again