2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500

2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500

Just curious if any of you have this bike? I am looking at this bike (actually I have 3 options a red one, orange one and black one)

What do you like about the bike?

What don't you like about it?

Orange One has 24,000kms will take $4800

Red One has 34,000kms will take $4900

Black One has 40,800kms but will take $4250

Re: 2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500

If there is now extras on them I would go for orange (lowest km).

The orange has saddle bags and Vance & Hines pipes (and originals), Chrome Rad Cover

Black has custom seat, back rest and storage rack, crash bars/highway pegs, Chrome Rad Cover,

Red has windshield (which I dont want), 50/50 mufflers (and originals), motorcycle cover

I have a 2003 Meanstreak 1500cc and are great bikes. Picked mine up a few weeks ago n' is a powerful smokin ride. I'm not an 'orange' guy but the lower km is key and if it comes with bags n vh pipes that alone is a big cost saver.

My 2cents worth

Uncle D

Thought I might as well include a pic of each

If you go on appearance, I would say that the black one looks the nicest!
    40,000 km is not that many K.

My vote is for the orange one!

The orange one is dusty in the pics from winter storage (the guy should have cleaned it before trying to sell it IMO)

Right now (to me) it is between the Black and the Orange

Orange is BALLER! Do it!

Oomis - "It's a brilliant character bike. It won't be the fastest bike on the street, nor the lightest, nor the best handling, but with pipes it'll sound like God's coming to dinner and he doesn't like what's on the table."

I'd go for the orange, it is more interesting then black!
    Lets Ride

Quote Originally Posted by RicoChet View Post
    I'd go for the orange, it is more interesting then black!
    And won't show up the dirt as much as black which makes for more time riding and less washing.

My vote is for orange.

Still pondering .. but I like the input. The idea of saving $550 on the black one appeals to my dominant cheap nature, but I like the looks of the orange too.

Also, like the highway pegs on the black one and the back rest/luggage rack which will add costs if I buy them for the orange (although I would only have the back rest/rack on when I need it)

Either way, I should be picking up one of these two on Friday/saturday

Definitely orange one (again!). Pipes and bags (big $). If you don't like them sell them (big $). Black looks nice , but try to keep it clean... Orange much safer on the road and much more original (tons of black cruisers around). Plus - lower km. Orange is the best value for sure. Go for it.
    Last edited by rick123; 03-29-2010 at 10:43 AM.

The orange one rocks! The saddle bags are a bonus and the pips are an expensive up-grade, make sure the motor has been re-mapped for the pipes. I think I found the type of bike I want next.

Quote Originally Posted by rpollard View Post
    The orange one rocks! The saddle bags are a bonus and the pips are an expensive up-grade, make sure the motor has been re-mapped for the pipes. I think I found the type of bike I want next.
    If the owner doesn't know about the remapping, is there any way to tell?

What do they do during a remapping?

I had a 2003 Black 1500 Mean Streak. Great bike. You have got some real good prices there. I like the red one in this group. Find out if any of these bikes have air intake mod and power commender. Pipes alone gets great sound, but only gets minor horsepower improvement. Once you get the bike, add the above mentioned mods. The Mean Street will come alive like you wouldn't believe. There is a Mean Street forum too, with a great bunch of people. I sold mine to buy a Sports Touring Honda.
    Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by Key Man View Post
    I had a 2003 Black 1500 Mean Streak. Great bike. You have got some real good prices there. I like the red one in this group. Find out if any of these bikes have air intake mod and power commender. Pipes alone gets great sound, but only gets minor horsepower improvement. Once you get the bike, add the above mentioned mods. The Mean Street will come alive like you wouldn't believe. There is a Mean Street forum too, with a great bunch of people. I sold mine to buy a Sports Touring Honda.
    Kenny

Do you have the link to the Mean Streak forum?

Hamilton (the armpit of southern Ontario)

Definitely orange. Everybody and their uncle has black. Low KM's is a deal sealer in my opinion. Good prices. you can't go wrong. Almost picked one up myself.
    2001 Honda CB750 Nighthawk -- back to simplicity, reliability, and ease-of-maintenance

1 more vote for orange. You could also call it tangerine!

Black one definitely, it's the fastest colour.