Honda Shadow Riders - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Honda Shadow Riders

Re: Honda Shadow Riders

Just picked up another Shadow which i am restoring. A 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100T ACE Tourer. Black and Silver with 18,000 KMS
    Scooterguy
    96 Honda A.C.E VT1100C2
    99 Honda A.C.E. VT1100T
    04 Aprilia S500

Quote Originally Posted by scooterguy View Post
    Just picked up another Shadow which i am restoring. A 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100T ACE Tourer. Black and Silver with 18,000 KMS
    Sweet! I'm guessing this one came with the bags? Can't believe you can pick one up for only 18k kms.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

Quote Originally Posted by LannyNguyen View Post
    Sweet! I'm guessing this one came with the bags? Can't believe you can pick one up for only 18k kms.
    Yes, it was a complete bike in nice shape but needs a little TLC. The original owner never rode it. I have it in a million pieces right now. Polishing everything, replacing the windscreen with a custom one, and adding about $$$$$$$$ worth of chrome accessories and a stereo.

Cant post pics here, cant figure it out. You would not believe what he let it go for.
    Scooterguy
    96 Honda A.C.E VT1100C2
    99 Honda A.C.E. VT1100T
    04 Aprilia S500

Quote Originally Posted by scooterguy View Post
    Yes, it was a complete bike in nice shape but needs a little TLC. The original owner never rode it. I have it in a million pieces right now. Polishing everything, replacing the windscreen with a custom one, and adding about $$$$$$$$ worth of chrome accessories and a stereo.

Cant post pics here, cant figure it out. You would not believe what he let it go for.
    You're a lucky guy, I would've picked it up myself. lol
    Get a batwing fairing.
    If you're looking for a stereo, don't go with Memphis shades.
    Here's these guys, I heard they're great.
    http://www.tsukayu.com/QuickDetachab...x9Fairing.html
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

Hi everyone. As a 'Shadow Rider' since 1989, I just may be the Big Daddy. My 1986 VT1100C has only 120,000km which is well under 5000 per season. I'm putting a plug in here to sell it which may be a little tacky. At least you readers know that they are great bikes. The 86 has a wonderfully contoured seat, nice rumbly dual exhaust and no real need for any upgrades. It has always been stored indoors and is in no need of any kind of restoration. Paint and chrome are in beautiful condition. I'm in Barrie, PM me if anyone would like some recent pics. The bike has blackwall Dunlops, not white letters at the moment. It was in the For Sale ads, but I deleted it. Best one I've seen, and I've had it 23 years.

Let's not forget the 67 hp and 72 ft lbs of torque. Twin discs up front, twin carbs, 2 plugs per cylinder, factory centre stand and tach, fuel gauge, temp gauge, etc.

thanks, -Al
    Last edited by ajpower; 04-02-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macrider View Post
    My wife and I both ride Shadows, the first thing we did was put Mustang solo seats with a backrest on our bikes.
    Just curious as to where you found the one-up seats for the shadow. I can only find 1 piece 2-ups??? Wifeys Spirit has a home made single seat and realy lacks padding and comfort. Ok for short rides, but sucks anything over an hour..

Mike

will there be a shadow ride soon?
    I’d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by 3M_TA3 View Post
    will there be a shadow ride soon?
    Well there's Port Dover next week. We can always do a shadow ride, I don't mind. There's lots of Shadow owners but most don't come on GTAM. lol
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

looks like you're just down the street from mine (avenue)... give me a shout even if it's just a short ride lol...
    I’d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by 3M_TA3 View Post
    looks like you're just down the street from mine (avenue)... give me a shout even if it's just a short ride lol...
    Im also in North York keele and Finch. Maybe we can plan a Timmies get together .

And I still cant post a pic. I keep following the guidlines about it being smaller tha 50 KB and have tried from 3 differnt computers and it wont display.
    Last edited by scooterguy; 04-07-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Scooterguy
    96 Honda A.C.E VT1100C2
    99 Honda A.C.E. VT1100T
    04 Aprilia S500

Pm inbound to you guys on numbers. Sunday would be cool
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

Looks like I will be rolling to dover with a pair of Harleys, a VTX1300R, my Aero, and maybe a 2006 aero. Just remember to leave EARLY or else you are parking outside town. We are meeting up in burlington at 0730.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Looks like I will be rolling to dover with a pair of Harleys, a VTX1300R, my Aero, and maybe a 2006 aero. Just remember to leave EARLY or else you are parking outside town. We are meeting up in burlington at 0730.
    Cool! I've made a event to depart at 403/Dundas at 11AM.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

Had to cancel going to Dover due to a Funeral. Have fun and be safe.
    Scooterguy
    96 Honda A.C.E VT1100C2
    99 Honda A.C.E. VT1100T
    04 Aprilia S500

The mustang seats are two pieces. You can leave the rear seat off converting it to a solo seat. I did that and just put a fender bib on the rear fender to make the rear mount hole more acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Targis View Post
    Just curious as to where you found the one-up seats for the shadow. I can only find 1 piece 2-ups??? Wifeys Spirit has a home made single seat and realy lacks padding and comfort. Ok for short rides, but sucks anything over an hour..

Mike

Think of going to Tim Hortons this Thursday at Leslie and Lakeshore. Weather looks good.
    Scooterguy
    96 Honda A.C.E VT1100C2
    99 Honda A.C.E. VT1100T
    04 Aprilia S500