Honda Shadow Riders

Thread: Honda Shadow Riders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Honda Shadow Riders

Just picked up another Shadow which i am restoring. A 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100T ACE Tourer. Black and Silver with 18,000 KMS
    Scooterguy
    96 Honda A.C.E VT1100C2
    99 Honda A.C.E. VT1100T
    04 Aprilia S500

Quote Originally Posted by scooterguy View Post
    Just picked up another Shadow which i am restoring. A 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100T ACE Tourer. Black and Silver with 18,000 KMS
    Sweet! I'm guessing this one came with the bags? Can't believe you can pick one up for only 18k kms.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

Quote Originally Posted by LannyNguyen View Post
    Sweet! I'm guessing this one came with the bags? Can't believe you can pick one up for only 18k kms.
    Yes, it was a complete bike in nice shape but needs a little TLC. The original owner never rode it. I have it in a million pieces right now. Polishing everything, replacing the windscreen with a custom one, and adding about $$$$$$$$ worth of chrome accessories and a stereo.

Cant post pics here, cant figure it out. You would not believe what he let it go for.
    Scooterguy
    96 Honda A.C.E VT1100C2
    99 Honda A.C.E. VT1100T
    04 Aprilia S500

Quote Originally Posted by scooterguy View Post
    Yes, it was a complete bike in nice shape but needs a little TLC. The original owner never rode it. I have it in a million pieces right now. Polishing everything, replacing the windscreen with a custom one, and adding about $$$$$$$$ worth of chrome accessories and a stereo.

Cant post pics here, cant figure it out. You would not believe what he let it go for.
    You're a lucky guy, I would've picked it up myself. lol
    Get a batwing fairing.
    If you're looking for a stereo, don't go with Memphis shades.
    Here's these guys, I heard they're great.
    http://www.tsukayu.com/QuickDetachab...x9Fairing.html
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

Hi everyone. As a 'Shadow Rider' since 1989, I just may be the Big Daddy. My 1986 VT1100C has only 120,000km which is well under 5000 per season. I'm putting a plug in here to sell it which may be a little tacky. At least you readers know that they are great bikes. The 86 has a wonderfully contoured seat, nice rumbly dual exhaust and no real need for any upgrades. It has always been stored indoors and is in no need of any kind of restoration. Paint and chrome are in beautiful condition. I'm in Barrie, PM me if anyone would like some recent pics. The bike has blackwall Dunlops, not white letters at the moment. It was in the For Sale ads, but I deleted it. Best one I've seen, and I've had it 23 years.

Let's not forget the 67 hp and 72 ft lbs of torque. Twin discs up front, twin carbs, 2 plugs per cylinder, factory centre stand and tach, fuel gauge, temp gauge, etc.

thanks, -Al
    Last edited by ajpower; 04-02-2012 at 08:33 PM.