READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate??? - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

FYI, the good student discount as well as other discounts like having driver training, only applies until you turn 25, and also only applies to car insurance not motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
    FYI, the good student discount as well as other discounts like having driver training, only applies until you turn 25, and also only applies to car insurance not motorcycles.
    Even a better rate knowing that these discounts are no longer included. Thx.

waoh! this is really cool! for a newbie, coming in and reading this really helps get direction. thanks a lot vifferfun! mucho appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    UPDATE - New this year, we can now insure riders over 21 yrs old with the Rider Training Course. As well, there are more bikes and models that we can take on. Contact me for a quote:
    416-251-1447 x233
    Awesome rates for over 25 as before!
    Pretty sure you need to pay to advertise.

hey guys,

quick question

i have a 2007 cbr600rr
    age 24
    clean record !
    have G and M1 and getting M2 this april !

im getting a quote from state farm

-Premium would be $3714 or $310/month

any other companies you guys recommend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jingggles View Post
    hey guys,

quick question

i have a 2007 cbr600rr
    age 24
    clean record !
    have G and M1 and getting M2 this april !

im getting a quote from state farm

-Premium would be $3714 or $310/month

any other companies you guys recommend ?
    For the bike, State Farm will be your only affordable option. The premium should drop significantly when you turn 25yo.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by rider1106 View Post
    I am with StateFarm right now, I have my car and bike on the same policy. The motorcycle comes to $39.50/month (474 / year).

- Clean record
    - 25 years old
    - 2010 ninja 250r (purchased new) -- no mods
    - I might still have a 'good student' discount on file from university which they said I can keep on
    - M2 license for 16 months now
    This is the cheapest I've seen on here and I've been watching for 8 months now! Can you PM me your agent's contact info. I'm 29/2009 ninja250r/G for 9 years/Clean record/M2 for 4 months.

'08 NINJA 250r
    | Since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjitsu View Post
    This is the cheapest I've seen on here and I've been watching for 8 months now! Can you PM me your agent's contact info. I'm 29/2009 ninja250r/G for 9 years/Clean record/M2 for 4 months.
    All State Farm agents will provide you with the exact same State Farm quote (given the same level of coverage). I suggest you check around here on the forums to find a State Farm agent that people have been very pleased with (in terms of customer service) and go with them.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Hey Viffer,

Were you surprised at the rate Jingggles is paying? I know you can't predict what I'll be quoted but I thought I'd be paying around 900-1200? I don't have a car so I won't get the combined discount. $500 per year would have me doing backflips.

I'll ask around for agents that people are happy with. Thanks again for all your insight. I talked you up over on ninjette.org because the insurance conversations on there are ridiculous, comparing and whining about U.S. vs. Canadian, state vs. state, province vs. province. Completely pointless IMO.

'08 NINJA 250r
    | Since 2011

Thanks a lot for this post. TD-MM has been trying to screw me so it's good to know there are options.

Hey Viffer,

Were you surprised at the rate Jingggles is paying? I know you can't predict what I'll be quoted but I thought I'd be paying around 900-1200? I don't have a car so I won't get the combined discount. $500 per year would have me doing backflips.

I'll ask around for agents that people are happy with. Thanks again for all your insight. I talked you up over on ninjette.org because the insurance conversations on there are ridiculous, comparing and whining about U.S. vs. Canadian, state vs. state, province vs. province. Completely pointless IMO.
    I'm not really surprised by the high premium charged to jingggles since he is riding a SS bike and he's under 25yo. SS insurance is really only affordable for the 25+ age bracket.

After calling around I went with State Farm. Signed the paperwork today.

29 year old Male.
    G license 9 years
    M2 October 2011
    Clean record
    09 Ninja 250r

$59/month | 2 million liability | Collision - Declined | Comprehensive - $1000 deductible

Collision was $4 extra per month with a $1000 dedcutible. I debated taking it but figured that making an insurance claim and paying 1000 bucks would be more expensive in the long run because of rate increases. I assume I can always add it. Would you guys put collision on a $3000 bike with a $1000 deductible?

'08 NINJA 250r
    | Since 2011

After calling around I went with State Farm. Signed the paperwork today.

29 year old Male.
    G license 9 years
    M2 October 2011
    Clean record
    09 Ninja 250r

$59/month | 2 million liability | Collision - Declined | Comprehensive - $1000 deductible

Collision was $4 extra per month with a $1000 dedcutible. I debated taking it but figured that making an insurance claim and paying 1000 bucks would be more expensive in the long run because of rate increases. I assume I can always add it. Would you guys put collision on a $3000 bike with a $1000 deductible?
    I understand your logic, but if you are at fault in a collision that involves another person (or property) then your insurance record will be affected whether you claim your bike or not. In this situation, it would suck to have a crappy insurance record AND a broken bike.

What is the premium difference between the $1000 deductible and a $500 deductible?

will state farm agent allow a kid with 4.7 years of licensing? should they wait 3 more month
    My Rides:
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    Looking for a 125 or 250

Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    will state farm agent allow a kid with 4.7 years of licensing? should they wait 3 more month
    I'd just call an agent and ask.

I noticed a couple of errors in the trees, so I just posted an updated version (v5). If anyone notices discrepancies, then please send them my way.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I noticed a couple of errors in the trees, so I just posted an updated version (v5). If anyone notices discrepancies, then please send them my way.
    Just moved from Riders Plus to TD as they have added a quasi multi line discount called Ride and Drive. Not sure if the chart reflects multi line discounts as this is the first I have seen for a motorcycle. Also Riders Plus is a brokerage for Echelon and Kingsway, not a direct seller as listed. Kingsway and Jevco are the same company and seemed to share a rate book as far as my quotes were concerned (45, no tickets/convictions, 1991 CB750, basic cover in Toronto).

So here is a question to Viffer or others. I know ridersplus wont insure bikes over 25+ YO and im pretty sure TD wont. Is there a list of compaines that will and wont insure older bikes?
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

Quote Originally Posted by shawnol View Post
    Just moved from Riders Plus to TD as they have added a quasi multi line discount called Ride and Drive. Not sure if the chart reflects multi line discounts as this is the first I have seen for a motorcycle. Also Riders Plus is a brokerage for Echelon and Kingsway, not a direct seller as listed. Kingsway and Jevco are the same company and seemed to share a rate book as far as my quotes were concerned (45, no tickets/convictions, 1991 CB750, basic cover in Toronto).
    Thanks for the correction -- I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Two50noob View Post
    So here is a question to Viffer or others. I know ridersplus wont insure bikes over 25+ YO and im pretty sure TD wont. Is there a list of compaines that will and wont insure older bikes?
    The only company I know of off the top of my head is Jevco, but there may be others.