READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate??? - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I believe that State Farm requires that you be fully G licensed AND have five years of car experience to be eligible for motorcycle insurance. If you qualify for SF, then then might be cheaper than the competitors for your first year of riding; however, next year (after obtaining one year of motorcycle experience) Jevco will almost certainly be cheaper on the bikes you have chosen.

Most likely, State Farm or Jevco will be the cheapest for you this year, but be sure to quote with other companies as well, just in case.
    Thank you,

I put my deposit down on the CBR with A conditional Sale agreement. I told him if I cannot get insured then I have a right to refuse delivery of the bike. He said thats fine. (I Work for a dealership so I know exactly the things to say lol)

I`ll keep phoning and phoning and see what happens

WOW. Kudos on the awesome thread, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by buttarcup View Post
    WOW. Kudos on the awesome thread, thanks!
    No problem

If anyone receives a rate that disagrees with the trees, please let me know.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

On the flow chart it divides motorcycles into Sport and non-sport, where would a sport bike older than 1995 go?
    Don't sport bikes lose their classification (and the 425% surcharge) turning them into standard bikes after this period?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer93 View Post
    On the flow chart it divides motorcycles into Sport and non-sport, where would a sport bike older than 1995 go?
    Don't sport bikes lose their classification (and the 425% surcharge) turning them into standard bikes after this period?
    In the tree, you follow the "1994 or older" branch. Jevco (and many other insurers) do not surcharge older SS bikes. I think my chart should now use 1995 as the "magic year", because I think it has changed since I made the chart.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

question deleted.
    Last edited by bignloud1; 07-07-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Maybe I'm blind or too tired...but where can I find the decision trees?
    Thanks...

**found it...photobucket blocked, using a diff. network fixed it, sorry for the useless noise**
    Last edited by Alex_San; 07-07-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Awesome thread btw!!!

I'm not sure if you want to add Allstate to your decision tree for cruisers. I use them for my cars and found them much cheaper than statefarm. I know they take monthly premiums. I did ask them about insuring my bike, but they'll only insure you if you have a full M and a cruiser, but no SS for sure. Not sure about the age of if they'll insure sport-touring, dual sport or other non SS types.

Quote Originally Posted by kiterider View Post
    Awesome thread btw!!!

I'm not sure if you want to add Allstate to your decision tree for cruisers. I use them for my cars and found them much cheaper than statefarm. I know they take monthly premiums. I did ask them about insuring my bike, but they'll only insure you if you have a full M and a cruiser, but no SS for sure. Not sure about the age of if they'll insure sport-touring, dual sport or other non SS types.
    Pretty much any company will be cheaper than State Farm for cruisers. Allstate is kind of lumped into my "OTHER" category, unless it's discovered that they are cheaper than the competition for a specific segment?

I've been looking at Bandits now for a while for a few reasons,

Low insurance
    Classic naked I4 looks
    Not actively trying to kill new riders

I've given up on looking for ~1992 Bandit 400s due to their rarity and age. So I've been looking at newer ~2002 Bandit 600s instead.

I'm 25, driving and insured as early as I could be. One 10km/h over infraction. M2 for almost 4 years with no insurance policy ever applied. (Only now getting around to buying a bike)

I've quoted everyone I could online and such. So far TD MM with the prefered rate from work was the cheapest at the mid-high 900$ range per year. Only ~200$ difference per year between the 19 year old 400cc and the 9 year old 600cc.

Everything sound right here? How quickly does the insurance go down after being insured for a few years? I've heard of people insuring Bandits for ~450 a year. I haven't been able to get a StateFarm quote yet due to them only doing walk-ins. And not doing over the phone/internet quotes for motos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziploc View Post
    I've been looking at Bandits now for a while for a few reasons,

Low insurance
    Classic naked I4 looks
    Not actively trying to kill new riders

I've given up on looking for ~1992 Bandit 400s due to their rarity and age. So I've been looking at newer ~2002 Bandit 600s instead.

I'm 25, driving and insured as early as I could be. One 10km/h over infraction. M2 for almost 4 years with no insurance policy ever applied. (Only now getting around to buying a bike)

I've quoted everyone I could online and such. So far TD MM with the prefered rate from work was the cheapest at the mid-high 900$ range per year. Only ~200$ difference per year between the 19 year old 400cc and the 9 year old 600cc.

Everything sound right here? How quickly does the insurance go down after being insured for a few years? I've heard of people insuring Bandits for ~450 a year. I haven't been able to get a StateFarm quote yet due to them only doing walk-ins. And not doing over the phone/internet quotes for motos.
    Did you try a Jevco broker yet? And a good State Farm agent will quote you over email or phone. I've been with my agent for three years and have never been into their office or talked to them over the phone -- 100% email.

I called two. Both told me to come in. Figured it was statefarm policy or something. I'll email a bunch of them and check out Jevco too. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Did you try a Jevco broker yet? And a good State Farm agent will quote you over email or phone. I've been with my agent for three years and have never been into their office or talked to them over the phone -- 100% email.
    Your broker didn't ask you to come in for pictures of the bike?
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Your broker didn't ask you to come in for pictures of the bike?
    My agent is two hours away. I just took digital pics and emailed them. I just replaced my car and they didn't ask for pics.

Just want to let everyone know that if you fall under S19 (No G license) then Riderplus is a GREAT option. They quoted me $1400 compared to Statefarms 1200. This is especially useful for those without a G, such as me.

EDIT: To clarify, StateFarm requires G license. So that's why Riders is a great option.
    Last edited by architect; 10-04-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    Just want to let everyone know that if you fall under S19 (No G license) then Riderplus is a GREAT option. They quoted me $1400 compared to Statefarms 1200. This is especially useful for those without a G, such as me.
    lol you need a coffee... they quoted you more and its great? I went with them as well and got the same quote as you, but I just got my renual stuff in the mail and its saying $1300???

Edit: Never mind I just read your other thread.
    Last edited by rafiki911; 10-04-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post

EDIT: To clarify, StateFarm requires G license. So that's why Riders is a great option.
    Thanks -- I have added Rider's Plus to S18, S19, and C6 as a company worth quoting with.
    Last edited by VifferFun; 10-04-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Try Riders Plus - I got my renewal and it was only $469 for the year. 2010 GS500F.
    That is for liability and thef only. They do not insure any GSXR of RR sport bikes.
    Last edited by peterventure; 10-06-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Going with State Farm this year and combining my car with it. $800 for the bike with SF.

Quote Originally Posted by peterventure View Post
    Try Riders Plus - I got my renewal and it was only $469 for the year. 2010 GS500F.
    That is for liability and thef only. They do not insure any GSXR of RR sport bikes.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

I am with StateFarm right now, I have my car and bike on the same policy. The motorcycle comes to $39.50/month (474 / year).

- Clean record
    - 25 years old
    - 2010 ninja 250r (purchased new) -- no mods
    - I might still have a 'good student' discount on file from university which they said I can keep on
    - M2 license for 16 months now
    Last edited by rider1106; 10-18-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: added license