READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

Thread: READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I've heard this rumour as well, but it hasn't been verified. Someone thought that State Farm required 6 years if you have claims and/or convictions on your record, and only 5 years otherwise (although I haven't seen this confirmed):

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...=1#post1429580

If someone could confirm/deny this with a State Farm agent, I wouldn't mind knowing the answer.

Well thing is, I heard this from seamus himself when I asked for a quote for next year, I looked forward to turning 21 to take advantage of statefarm with my 5 years of G and clean record. If that's really the case then I'm SOL.

Probably end up storing the bike all summer...

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    Well thing is, I heard this from seamus himself when I asked for a quote for next year, I looked forward to turning 21 to take advantage of statefarm with my 5 years of G and clean record. If that's really the case then I'm SOL.

Probably end up storing the bike all summer...
    Do you happen to have any claims or convictions on your record?
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

nope, my record is squeaky clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    nope, my record is squeaky clean.
    I see. I guess we need to see if we can find a counter example.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)