READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate??? - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

im 30
    had my G for roughly the same length of time
    clean record
    M2 is brand new
    looking to insure a yamaha xt250 dual sport

how long do i have to hold my m2 before i can look to pay similar rates?

i've been getting online quotes all morning and only one place comes close, still a few hundred more than i'd like to pay
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjitsu View Post
    After calling around I went with State Farm. Signed the paperwork today.

29 year old Male.
    G license 9 years
    M2 October 2011
    Clean record
    09 Ninja 250r

$59/month | 2 million liability | Collision - Declined | Comprehensive - $1000 deductible

Collision was $4 extra per month with a $1000 dedcutible. I debated taking it but figured that making an insurance claim and paying 1000 bucks would be more expensive in the long run because of rate increases. I assume I can always add it. Would you guys put collision on a $3000 bike with a $1000 deductible?

Skip the online quotes -- they really aren't accurate for motorcycles (except for maybe the TD website). Since you're 30 and presumably have had a G2/G for some time, State Farm will likely give you a really good rate in the first year or two. With that bike and your age, you should be able to get a quote from pretty much any company.

Quote Originally Posted by barrebeast View Post
    im 30
    had my G for roughly the same length of time
    clean record
    M2 is brand new
    looking to insure a yamaha xt250 dual sport

how long do i have to hold my m2 before i can look to pay similar rates?

i've been getting online quotes all morning and only one place comes close, still a few hundred more than i'd like to pay
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

you're right.. i tried openroad online got a quote for 694 , called them with my referal number and they quoted me 1300 over the phone.

i dont have a house or car, can anyone in downtown toronto tell me what agent will take me on?
    Last edited by barrebeast; 05-03-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrebeast View Post
    you're right.. i tried openroad online got a quote for 694 , called them with my referal number and they quoted me 1300 over the phone.

i dont have a house or car, can anyone in downtown toronto tell me what agent will take me on?
    I just tried a quote on that website, and it was giving me a Jevco quote on my GSX-R1000 for under $2000/yr. This is definitely wrong, because Jevco won't even insure SS bikes, and especially not at such a low rate. I would only be somewhat confident in an online quote if it were the insurance company's own website (such as TD) and not a brokerage (such as Openroad).
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)