What's up with Envy Rides? - Page 3

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up with Envy Rides?

Re: What's up with Envy Rides?

I'd say Riders Choice is doing a lot better than Envy, lol... but that's besides the point. They're entirely different shops, obviously.

And you're right, John does a great job of having the right goods in stock.

Is Envy going to be at the motorcycle show this weekend? If so, they just might be moving inventory and staff to the show, shutting down the store temporarily.

Or they may be going bankrupt...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    Is Envy going to be at the motorcycle show this weekend? If so, they just might be moving inventory and staff to the show, shutting down the store temporarily.

I'd imagine if that were the case they would've made it clear.

Do Canadian dealers HAVE to order crap through Parts Canada? I've seen the catalogues for Parts Canada and the prices always seem nasty.

No man its just like CW, employees showed up to a locked up shop

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    Do Canadian dealers HAVE to order crap through Parts Canada? I've seen the catalogues for Parts Canada and the prices always seem nasty.
    Different dealers get different pricing. If you move inventory, you get it cheaper.

What bike show is this weekend? I was only aware of the one 2 weeks away...

the one at the CNE

My god if that was the case I'd hope they'd communicate it a lot better then the text on the site ...
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

This seemed inevitable, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Yeah selling $25 spools with a $5 profit margin will really keep you in business...
    It will because if you have what the customer is looking for, no matter how large or small, that customer is going to keep coming back to you for other purchases.
    If after a few visits to a certain store you don't find what you were looking for, then most people simply stop going there and take their business elsewhere. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I happen to be a rocket scientist, and I concur.

the one by the cne, think it's mostly harley's.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGreen View Post
    What bike show is this weekend? I was only aware of the one 2 weeks away...
    1980 Yamaha SR500 (CURRENT)
    2008 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
    2005 Honda 600rr (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
    It will because if you have what the customer is looking for, no matter how large or small, that customer is going to keep coming back to you for other purchases.
    If after a few visits to a certain store you don't find what you were looking for, then most people simply stop going there and take their business elsewhere. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
    Name one dealership that stocks every kind of spool for every brand bike? Now that CW and McBride are gone you have to go to the dealer that sells your brand.... He went to a Yamaha (use 6mm spools) and Suzuki (use 8mm spools) dealer for Kawasaki Spools (10mm spools). Now if he went to Kahuna (Kawi dealer) and they didnt have any spools to fit his Kawi, you might have an argument...The smart thing would be to go to Riders Choice, Im pretty sure I saw every size of spool in stock there... ENVY didnt stock oil filters for Kawis either, yet Kahuna does.... go figure.....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 03-26-2010 at 10:32 AM.

are there going to be any killer deals ?? like 7000 for a 2009 R6 or somthing??

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Name one dealership that stocks every kind of spool for every brand bike? He went to a Yamaha (use 6mm spools) and Suzuki (use 8mm spools) dealer for Kawasaki Spools (10mm spools). Now if he went to Kahuna (Kawi dealer) and they didnt have any spools to fit his Kawi, you might have an argument...The smart thing would be to go to Riders Choice, Im pretty sure I saw every size of spool in stock there...
    And Riders Choice is exactly the place I went to right after I left Envy. They had spools for every bike there and plenty in stock, so I got mine and then decided to spend some more money for oil, filter and tank pad, money that could have gone to Envy if they stocked the common parts everybody needs such as spools, frame sliders etc etc.

I know that stores can't stock EVERYTHING but there are certain basic items that in my opinion every bike shop must have and have plenty in stock.

Yikes. That would suck. We need more competition, not less.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

I always try to support local shops, even though some of them are a bit hard to support but I've made a decision not to spend a penny at Envy long time ago so if they go, I won't miss them.

If they do go under, I really hope someone's going to buy the place or start a new one in the area because between Pannon in Streestville and RC on Queensway there's nothing much else there. Both places are more of niche shops, catering to specific crowds. Whereas Envy was a regular dealer. There aren't enough spots with a showroom in GTA.

1999 Magna VF750C
    2001 SV650S
    1997 CBR900RR sold
    2005 ZZR-250 sold

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
    And Riders Choice is exactly the place I went to right after I left Envy. They had spools for every bike there and plenty in stock, so I got mine and then decided to spend some more money for oil, filter and tank pad, money that could have gone to Envy if they stocked the common parts everybody needs such as spools, frame sliders etc etc.

I know that stores can't stock EVERYTHING but there are certain basic items that in my opinion every bike shop must have and have plenty in stock.
    I'll be sure to tell the Honda dealership that, when they dont have parts for my Toyota. Im sure they will get right on that....

Your confusing a service shop, with a dealer! Dealers are only going to stock parts for bike brands they actually sell...If you want to find parts in stock for your Kawi at a dealer, you need to go to Kawi dealer not a Suzuki/Yamaha dealer...And thats not rocket science either
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 03-26-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonPig View Post
    Whereas Envy was a regular dealer. There aren't enough spots with a showroom in GTA.
    Of course not, and don't expect to see more in the future. Local pricing on new motorcycles is ridiculous.