Do you guys share riding with ur kids?

Thread: Do you guys share riding with ur kids?

Do you guys share riding with ur kids?

If i ever have kids I hope to take them to the track and stuff. what about you guys?
    - I ride cuz i love it.

Infamous Boston Pizza Story
    "Gsxr 600 Boston pizza guy"
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=32439

Re: Do you guys share riding with ur kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
    If i ever have kids I hope to take them to the track and stuff. what about you guys?
    What about Boston Pizza?

I'm up to four of them now, yup kids (and bikes as well come to think of it) in ages from 1 to 9. A week ago I just picked up a Yamaha PW50 shaft drive for the middle two and also looking for a CRF70 for the nine year old. I plan to start with Limerick Forest and Calabogie trails, etc. Long range, I may introduce them to my track addiction (someday?), but will not let them on the road until they've had their first car accident (or two) to take away those youthful delusions of immortality that we all start off with
    Last edited by Devlin; 03-29-2010 at 11:07 PM.

My two kids 14 and 11 have been riding quads and dirtbikes for a few yearsas well as riding with me and plan on M1's as soon as possible when they hit 16.

My kids grew up at the track. I was racing for years before they were born. My son will be working for SOAR this summer.
    For years my kids thought that I won every race I entered (I wish ) Just so happened that everytime they watched the old man race I won. I used to bring them up on the podium when I would get the plaque and once in a while Pat Gonsalves or Frank Wood would hand them the mike to speak to the crowd. Years later they still talk about that.
    Get your kids involved you wont be sorry. I am just lucky that mine didnt want to race themselves. Not sure what it would be like to watch them.

How you guys do it? Do you rent bikes or have your own? Where you store its? Have a trailer to move it on track? 4 bikes in family - crazy

This summer my daughter will be racing a CBR125. Today we start training....learning how to ride a motorcycle.,,,,she can ride a scooter without problem,,,,,,it will be an exciting summer!!!!

As soon as my wife got pregnant I bought a minibike for said child! So yup, def. sharing riding with the kids.

Note: In the meantime we beat on it ; )
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

I always provided bikes for my daughter and one boy, its a good way to spend time together, the Honda 50, 70 100 are great bikes and you loose no money on them if you buy 1 year old used, always sold them for what I payed or close to it, my son and daugter went on to race motocross then my son got into riding at the track, this year his younger sister will be starting on a CBR125 at the track after a couple of years off, just doing some training with her today and I had a flashback of 15 years ago in the same spot teaching my first daughter to ride, crazy fun sport. I never pressured any of them into it, some rode better than others but it was always about fun