Cycle World Superstore

Thread: Cycle World Superstore

2005 Suzuki SV650s [current] 2000 Suzuki SV 650s ( SOLD ) 1985 Suzuki GS 400 (SOLD)

Smile Cycle World Superstore

So ok, I have a review on going with Petes Superbikes where I bought my tire. Awesome! Now Im going to review Cycle World Superstore ( McCowan and Sheppard )

I bought my SV and brought my tire over to Cycle World to get it changed. Now mind you I did do the Centennial College Motorcycle Technician coarse...the one year in school gig about 4 years ago. I havent really done much since but Mark ( whos an instructor there) was chatting with me.

So first off I should tell you about 3 years ago I had an issue with Cycle World when I brought my old school GS 400 and they didnt touch it for 2 weeks and I came and just diagnosed the problem myself. I guess since then they folded and changed owners and whatnot and now all I can say is WOW.

I love the new store layout.....

John was EXCELLENT when I changed my tire and EDUCATING me without making me feel like I didnt know anything about the proper term for a part on the rim.

Mark....if you read this....THANK YOU for helping me do such a simple task as explaining the proper way to adjust my levers and clutch slack.

Ive been out of the motorcycle world for such a long time that I will absolutely and without a doubt bring my bike over there to do any type of work. (that has me and this forum stumped and I cant do on my own)

In conclusion, my opinion of Cycle World has changed...from somewhere I avoided like the plague to somewhere I will go just cause these two individuals are there ( John and Mark )

Thanks again!

Re: Cycle World Superstore

Yeah, I dropped by the store yesterday and they were still unloading the last of 200 or so bikes imported from the "US. Looks like a great surge in motorcycling in Toronto this year. Drop by, pretty impressive.\

Banned

The owner is something else, issues seriously. But everyone else is aok.

Bump for Mark .. Really good guy !

I like shopping here also!

All I can say so far, is that I went by there today for a safety... saw they're closed due to the show at the Better Living Centre :sadface:

However, there was a helpful gent there who informed me that Canadian Tire might be able to do my safety for me... Turns out the one just half a block from them was able to get me the papers I needed to get my permanent tag.

So, unfortunately they lost my business today, but I'm sure I'll be back since the guy was willing to help me out knowing the outcome would be one lost sale... (but I'll probably bring many more sales there in the years to come, so it's a good payoff).
    bike
    1st bike: 1982 Yamaha XS 400 Seca
    current bike: 2001 Devinci Caribou M
    current bike: Suzuki VL800SEK7 red/black

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou Jack View Post
    ...However, there was a helpful gent there who informed me that Canadian Tire might be able to do my safety for me... Turns out the one just half a block from them was able to get me the papers I needed to get my permanent tag...
    I've asked at that Cantire a while ago and they told me they did not do bikes. Maybe they changed? Good to know.

CWSS, meh. The owner has a bad attitude. I run when I see him. The parts desk guy has helped me.

dropped in there today, they have a crapload of bikes on display!
    1980 Yamaha SR500 (CURRENT)
    2008 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
    2005 Honda 600rr (SOLD)

I was in there about 3 wks ago looking for a helmet and that has to be the largest selection of helmets anywhere in the city. I had to been to 5-6 other stores before them and nothing compared. I finally bought one at Kahuna on the other side of town mostly because they had one of the models that was on my list. Kahuna is also a great store but I will go back to CWS in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBoy View Post
    I've asked at that Cantire a while ago and they told me they did not do bikes. Maybe they changed? Good to know.
    Might have to be there the same day as the motorcycle mechanic...

Dude has a beat-up old Suzuki (winter beater, I'm guessing) with a flat-black full fairing (i.e. protects hands and legs/feet too) and a very MacGuyver heated handgrips setup that uses corrugated pipes running from the engine block to what looks like scuba-suit legs permanently attached to the bars ... so bootleg, but looks extremely effective too

The pipes on it are rust from front to back. It's an inspirational machine though, seriously...
    bike
    1st bike: 1982 Yamaha XS 400 Seca
    current bike: 2001 Devinci Caribou M
    current bike: Suzuki VL800SEK7 red/black

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou Jack View Post
    Might have to be there the same day as the motorcycle mechanic...

Dude has a beat-up old Suzuki (winter beater, I'm guessing) with a flat-black full fairing (i.e. protects hands and legs/feet too) and a very MacGuyver heated handgrips setup that uses corrugated pipes running from the engine block to what looks like scuba-suit legs permanently attached to the bars ... so bootleg, but looks extremely effective too

The pipes on it are rust from front to back. It's an inspirational machine though, seriously...
    I have seen his bike when I visited that CanTire. Yes, very interesting with a lot of character. The lower fairing looks like the ones I saw in China. Not pretty but effective. One of his front fork legs was leaking oil. I'll pay more attention to the heated grips setup next time I see his bike.

I went there a couple of times as well looking for a few things but never found anything to my liking in terms of gear. The lady there, not sure of the name though was very friendly and helpful both of the time providing many suggestions. I can't say the same for a few of the other shops I have visited. I will definitely be going back there again when I make up my mind.

I dropped in the other day looking for gear...Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket was $305; Royal sells for $288. Not sure about their other prices but doesn't seem like there are any deals...
    '09 Suzuki Bandit 1250 SEA

Going there is like going into a toy store, I've spent way too much money on my first visit.
    The lady working there is very helpful, not sure if she is the store owners wife or something, seems to know a lot.

+1 mark on being an awesome dude!!!

but as for prices, i brought my rims in to get the tires changed and they charged me 90 bucks....dont think ill get my tires done there again.
    "We Lean Low, While You Pose Straight"
    - Mr.Ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by SunRider View Post
    I dropped in the other day looking for gear...Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket was $305; Royal sells for $288. Not sure about their other prices but doesn't seem like there are any deals...
    For people living in Toronto, the price difference is negated by the travel distance to Innisfil or Guelph.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

They will match RD prices if you ask.And show them RD price.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieBoy View Post
    The owner is something else, issues seriously. But everyone else is aok.
    I agree. had an issue myself. The staff are all phenominal, Mark, Omar, Trysh, all exceptional people and excellent customer service.

I have yet to make my way out there..... I need a few things - Im going to try to get out there in the next week or so....