Review of Frekeyguys work - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Review of Frekeyguys work

Re: Review of Frekeyguys work

thanks a lot.

im glad to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but is he a certified mechanic?
    Whats your point?

I am not a certified mechanic and work on my own bike, is it gonna spontaneously implode?

I use his advice and tools recently to change my chain, I wont think a certified mechanic would be any different. Maybe, except their attitude on the phone.
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Whats your point?

I am not a certified mechanic and work on my own bike, is it gonna spontaneously implode?
    It's a valid question to ask if you are looking to get a safety done

Anyways really great to hear some feedback about another solid mechanic in the GTA. I'd like to bring my bike by sometime if that's cool with you frekeyguy..! Quick turnaround and knowledgeable service is A+ in my books

No problem. More than happy to help out GTAM and bike guys.

Banned

You know ,it's crazy how things work out,about a year ago,their was a thread on this forum involving frekey guy and ,I think krazy bones,anyway I made some comments,which weren't really in frekey guy's favour,I come to realize I was in the wrong.Over the past few months,I see frekey guy responding to a lot of threads in the technical section,helping out a lot of new guys .I message frekey guy today and explain"sometimes I open my mouth when I shouldn't" I also ask him if he'd be interested in bleeding my brakes,and whaaaaat this guy replies ,"I can do it tonight at 6 pm,so I swing by his place this evening,First off,this dude had full rights to tell me to ******f,I swing by,pure class,good work,and offers
    me advice to fix a rear wheel issue I have...
    would recommend this guy to anyone,thanks frekey

Quote Originally Posted by gto3 View Post
    You know ,it's crazy how things work out,about a year ago,their was a thread on this forum involving frekey guy and ,I think krazy bones,anyway I made some comments,which weren't really in frekey guy's favour,I come to realize I was in the wrong.Over the past few months,I see frekey guy responding to a lot of threads in the technical section,helping out a lot of new guys .I message frekey guy today and explain"sometimes I open my mouth when I shouldn't" I also ask him if he'd be interested in bleeding my brakes,and whaaaaat this guy replies ,"I can do it tonight at 6 pm,so I swing by his place this evening,First off,this dude had full rights to tell me to ******f,I swing by,pure class,good work,and offers
    me advice to fix a rear wheel issue I have...
    would recommend this guy to anyone,thanks frekey
    thanks, I appreciate that ^^. No hard feeling.

And if you want to tackle that rear wheel issue over the winter im more than happy to spend some time on it.

Enjoy the brakes.

Went to his place to get a few things done, awesome guy to deal with and very knowledgeable when it comes to bikes. Will definitely go back to him again if I need the help

A+++

I'm totally new to Motorcycles, and Frekeyguy help me out alot! I was sad that my bike wasn't working and couldn't figure out why. He came to my place, took a look at the bike, then pick it up, drove to his place, found the parts, fix it and get it running. All in one day!!!
    Great service, Fast and reasonable pricing ~ I would recommand to my friends

Yamaha YZF600 '95 *Sold*
    Looking for my next bike...

Quote Originally Posted by switchx View Post
    I'm totally new to Motorcycles, and Frekeyguy help me out alot! I was sad that my bike wasn't working and couldn't figure out why. He came to my place, took a look at the bike, then pick it up, drove to his place, found the parts, fix it and get it running. All in one day!!!
    Great service, Fast and reasonable pricing ~ I would recommand to my friends
    LOLz, a few guys were involved in the working of your bike, u are very fortunate indeed. I secretly wished I were so lucky when I started off
    Resident Loudmouth

Indeed! also a big thanks to the person that has the spare parts for an old model bike!!

Yamaha YZF600 '95 *Sold*
    Looking for my next bike...

Was that yours, with the chain/sprocket issue? The spare-parts person would be me. The parts you needed are the same as FZR parts. I had what you needed in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by switchx View Post
    Indeed! also a big thanks to the person that has the spare parts for an old model bike!!
    Yes ! That would be BrianP! And you got VERY VERY luckey. All because of a small part missing.

keep that chain lubed up! and Enjoy your bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Was that yours, with the chain/sprocket issue? The spare-parts person would be me. The parts you needed are the same as FZR parts. I had what you needed in stock.
    Yes sir! That would be the bike!

Great help with my oil problem. thanks freakyguy

+++1 I would agree with all the above posts. I just had my bike serviced by him the other day. Unbelievably fast turn around on the work he did and also at an amazing price. Very personalized service that you won't likely get at any shop you've dealt with. It's obvious he takes great pride in his work and goes above and beyond your expectations explaning what he's done as well as pointing out other things he's noticed about your bike. Great job Frekeyguy! I will def. be giving you a call next time I need something done! Try him out ..... you won't be disappointed.

I would not be surprised if 90% of all his posts were in the technical section helping people out.

I wouldn't hesitate letting him work on my bike.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

Just PM'd him to get some work done on the weekend. Just waiting on parts now.

Yes, it will be imploded and caused a chain reaction

In my field, some of the what so called PEng is nothing but a joke. Certification doesn't mean jack all sometimes. It is just a way to charge more for no reason.

Of course, I don't mean all people with certifications are useless, it is the very reason we all have a brain

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Whats your point?

I use his advice and tools recently to change my chain, I wont think a certified mechanic would be any different. Maybe, except their attitude on the phone.

Frekeyguy just helped install frame sliders on my 09 600RR. Very professional and helpful. I like the fact that he lets you watch and learn.

Definitely recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueVFR View Post
    In my field, some of the what so called PEng is nothing but a joke. Certification doesn't mean jack all sometimes. It is just a way to charge more for no reason.
    lol thats a bit different. You stamp it you are taking legal responsibility for it, and tend to get sued because of it.
    Last edited by skip; 08-17-2010 at 06:53 PM.
    95 RS125 (track), 05 DL650 (street), 89 FZR400 (project)

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    lol thats a bit different. You stamp it you are taking legal responsibility for it.

+1 a piece of paper to cover ur *** is not bad but this guy seems to be good and that is always good to know...
    scarborough rides.............