2008 Honda CBR1000 Insurance-HELP!!

Thread: 2008 Honda CBR1000 Insurance-HELP!!

2008 Honda CBR1000 Insurance-HELP!!

Just looking for a better quote on insurance for my Honda. I'm 30 years old with my full M licence, no tickets/claims in last 10 years. Completed the M2 rider training/testing, completed advanced rider training courses, but yet im still paying around $2000 a year for full coverage from SF. Is this a competive rate? I get a cheaper rate if I was to insure one of my cars with them but I get such a good rate with another company which i have my house cars etc with. Id love to have all my vehicles with this company but they wont insure motorcycles. Is SF a safe bet to stay with? Any other info would be great.

Re: 2008 Honda CBR1000 Insurance-HELP!!

go do a online quote at john r duffy, at 30 year old guy should be getting under 1000...

It may simply because it's a litre bike... Did you ask? S.F. goes by cc's with bikes.

Don't even bother with Jevco, all CBR's are on their blacklist and they charge a 300% 'surcharge' Some people get a good rate with TD (SF rate was better for me) and don't forget to try Avi to see what he can get you.

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

perhaps it has more to do with it being your first bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    perhaps it has more to do with it being your first bike?
    He has an M, mate...or so it seems...so it can't be his first bike =)

Proud owner of a 2001 Kawi 250 (low side count: 3)
    UWaterloo '13-14 - Fin. Analysis, Com. Sci. (SE) Double
    (don't hate on the sig...ye have been warned...)

Once you reach 30 years of age, TD / Melloche Monnex / Primmum seem to offer great SS rates. I would try getting a quote with one of them (all the same company, but with different rates/rules). If you belong to a professional organization (such as a University Grad, Professional Engineer, etc.), you can likely get a discounted rate through Melloche Monnex.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I was quoted about $105 per month with Statefarm for a 1000 cc or above, but I have everything with them (Cars, life, house etc....) If you only have your bike with them, you can probably get cheaper elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bent391 View Post
    Just looking for a better quote on insurance for my Honda. I'm 30 years old with my full M licence, no tickets/claims in last 10 years. Completed the M2 rider training/testing, completed advanced rider training courses, but yet im still paying around $2000 a year for full coverage from SF. Is this a competive rate? I get a cheaper rate if I was to insure one of my cars with them but I get such a good rate with another company which i have my house cars etc with. Id love to have all my vehicles with this company but they wont insure motorcycles. Is SF a safe bet to stay with? Any other info would be great.
    I have everything with SF and just finished shopping around, once you factor in the discount on the bike (have the same as you) no one seems to be able to match or beat it. Good luck.
    Look, lean, believe!

Quote Originally Posted by 954RR View Post
    I have everything with SF and just finished shopping around, once you factor in the discount on the bike (have the same as you) no one seems to be able to match or beat it. Good luck.
    Except for TD / Melloche Monnex / Primmum if you are over 30yo . . .
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLapin View Post
    He has an M, mate...or so it seems...so it can't be his first bike =)
    Why can't it be his first bike? Is there some rule that says you must have a bike to get your M license that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by bear22099 View Post
    Why can't it be his first bike? Is there some rule that says you must have a bike to get your M license that I missed?
    Show me someone who got their M without ever owning a bike...he also mentioned that he didn't have claims for 10 years and that he completed the advanced riding courses...that's if my first argument doesn't cut it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Except for TD / Melloche Monnex / Primmum if you are over 30yo . . .
    Over 30, still couldn't touch SF, even with the discount I get because of the the company I work for.......
    Look, lean, believe!

Show me someone who got their M without ever owning a bike...he also mentioned that he didn't have claims for 10 years and that he completed the advanced riding courses...that's if my first argument doesn't cut it for you...
    You make a broad, all encompassing statement that is false and you want me to show you someone that has done it? Answer this, can it be done? Obviously it can. The 10 years of no claims can be done quite easily in a CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by bear22099 View Post
    You make a broad, all encompassing statement that is false and you want me to show you someone that has done it? Answer this, can it be done? Obviously it can. The 10 years of no claims can be done quite easily in a CAR.
    As half a stat student I can tell you that extreme minorities can be discarded...the chances of him getting his M and doing the advanced riding courses without ever owning a bike are slim to none.

As half a stat student I can tell you that extreme minorities can be discarded...the chances of him getting his M and doing the advanced riding courses without ever owning a bike are slim to none.
    As a stat student I say we ask the OP?
    "Bro... it's an exotic..."

SOAR Novice #37

Chances are actually quite good.

• He could have rode a family member's bike as an occasional operator
    • He could have rode track and borrowed a friend's bike to do the M2 and M tests

By the way, I am an Actuarial Science (aka Stats) grad from Waterloo
    Last edited by VifferFun; 03-26-2010 at 01:47 PM.