Trailer Setup Ideas - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trailer Setup Ideas

Re: Trailer Setup Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    Fit two 2 x 4s horizontally across the width of the trailer as close to the ceiling as you can in a similiar way you've already fitted the one with the white shelf brackets. The first 2x4 would be as close to the bulkhead as possible. The second would be dimensionally enough to fit two rears side by side ie 40"(or whatever is right for your rims) away from the first at the bulkhead. Lets assume a stack of front & rear + spacer is 20", cut 4 pieces of 2x4 at 23" and hang them from the 2 crossmembers. And this is where it'll get confusing to describe it, but you want to end up with 2 hangers against the left (as we look at the picture) side of the trailer about 6" inboard and the other 2 would be approximately 12" inboard towards the middle of the trailer. So you'll end up with 4 hanging posts, 1 pair near the centre line fo your trailer and one close to the left side wall. Take 2 pieces of 2x4 and screw them to the bottom of the hanging posts going front to back in the trailer, not across the width. Simply put you have taken your existing shelf and turned it 90 degrees to the left side of the trailer. This will allow you to fit 2 sets of rims off the floor and fit your bike in with the screen still attached.

The only concern is that the folding bed doesn't hit the new shelves as it hinges outwards. If it's close you can play with the spacing of the hangers until you get them clear. Also you may need to move your bike closer to the right side wall.

If you really want to get fancy then attach the hangers to the roof beams and the shelf 2x4s to the hangers with hinges. That way the whole shelf will hinge up out of the way when you need head room for sleeping etc.

I hope you understand that!!It would take two minutes to sketch on the back of a napkin!!
    I understand perfectly, and i believe that would work well in a taller trailer.

The Dunlop 190/55 rear is about 25.5" in diameter, so doubling that gives you 51" in total height between the two. The bed is 14" off the floor right now, and that's as low as it can go. It only clears the wheel chock by 1/2". I have 66" total height in the trailer so there's 52 inches between the bed and the ceiling. It would fit, but it would obstruct the bed from folding down.

The way it's set up now, i don't need to remove any of the rims to unload and set up for sleepy time. There are weekends where the rains will just stay in there, the less i have to move stuff around the better. Although I have to be creative and make some sacrifices with a smaller trailer.

With a 6x12 you don't even really need to be organized, there's enough room to just pile everything in there.

Too small!!

I'm picking up some flat bar and angle today, if its niceish when i get home i'll put it the rest of the way together and take some more pics.

Re: Trailer Setup Ideas

I ment for you to end up with the sets of rims side by side on their side running along the length of the trailer.

I have a similiar height in mine though so I understand what you're working with! Fortunately mine is 5 x 10 and that extra 2' makes a hell of a difference.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.