Hi Risk Insurance Bike List

Thread: Hi Risk Insurance Bike List

Hi Risk Insurance Bike List

Is there a current list of 2010 models available for anyone looking to buy?
    One bike isn't enough.

Re: Hi Risk Insurance Bike List

Rob Maclennan has some blacklist information posted here, but it is dated 2008:

http://ontariomotorcycleinsurance.co...id=24&Itemid=1
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Have their been any changes lately? Each company seems to have their own lists, but generally any SS/RR/Italian bike is surcharged by most companies. I can't see that changing any time soon.

Are you thinking about a specific new bike? Something like adventure touring could go either way, but most bikes should be pretty easy to guess which way they will fall.

I think it would be easier to make a list of what they do insure!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Each company seems to have their own lists, but generally any SS/RR/Italian bike is surcharged by most companies.
    This is true, but from what I have seen in the past, most companies follow Jevco's lead with their Blacklist.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercaholic View Post
    Is there a current list of 2010 models available for anyone looking to buy?

Depends what your looking for and how much your willing to spend. The BMW's are not classified as SS believe it or not, so no surcharged attached with Jevco, and they are quite beastly if you ask me, not sure if its worth the penny though.
    Hytham Bayoumi
    Client Executive
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

Direct: 416-908-1865
    hbayoumi@pottruffsmith.com

are you looking at cruiser? or sport bikes? or sport touring? metric? american made?

Quote Originally Posted by Hytham Bayoumi View Post
    Depends what your looking for and how much your willing to spend. The BMW's are not classified as SS believe it or not, so no surcharged attached with Jevco, and they are quite beastly if you ask me, not sure if its worth the penny though.
    That said it wouldn't suprise me that their new litre bike makes the ss list and possibly drags the k12/300s/r with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless? View Post
    That said it wouldn't suprise me that their new litre bike makes the ss list and possibly drags the k12/300s/r with it.
    The new S1000RR is not even a SS with Jevco, at least not a couple weeks ago! Cost to me is about $2K versus $4500-5K+ for an R1.

Quote Originally Posted by azia View Post
    The new S1000RR is not even a SS with Jevco, at least not a couple weeks ago! Cost to me is about $2K versus $4500-5K+ for an R1.
    I wouldn't expect to renew at that rate next year . . .

Quote Originally Posted by nameless? View Post
    Honestly, the reason they havent been on the SS list in my opinion is due to not many people buying them and having claims with them. The claims experience with the BMWs vs the GSXRs.....night and day.....The more people that buy BMWs, the more claims that are likely to happen.

Like Viffer said, next year might be a different story, so people buying them now and putting it with Jevco, may have to prepare to shop around.

That being said, everyone be safe this weekend.
    Hytham Bayoumi
    Client Executive
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

Direct: 416-908-1865
    hbayoumi@pottruffsmith.com