State Farm Recommendations

Thread: State Farm Recommendations

State Farm Recommendations

Does anybody know good state farm representatives in the toronto region. I saw the insurance specialitys page but they all seem to be so far from my house. Could I still use them or should I just find someone closer to my location?

Re: State Farm Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by jtj1010 View Post
    Does anybody know good state farm representatives in the toronto region. I saw the insurance specialitys page but they all seem to be so far from my house. Could I still use them or should I just find someone closer to my location?

A lot (most?) brokers will deal with you over the phone..

...but they all seem to be so far from my house. Could I still use them or should I just find someone closer to my location?

I don't think their location matters. My SF agent's office is in Newmarket, and I live in Hamilton... go figure. It's a nice ride anyway should I need to go see him
    ~~Emilio~~

'98 Suzuki GSX-R750: Sold
    '02 Yamaha R1: Sold
    '06 Suzuki GSX-R1000 CUSTOM: Current
    '08 Suzuki GSX-R750: Current

I have have nothing but good things to say about the SF I deal with.
    The girl I deal with is on maternity leave, but you can talk to one of the other reps.

905-426-5959

I think a good agent is more important than their location. I found my agent here on the board and they are located two hours away from me! Since they are a good agent, it is very easy to deal with them over phone and/or email. I have never been to their office, and have multiple policies with them (Auto, Bike, Habitational, Life, Umbrella).
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I just switched my policy over to Carolyn at State Farm, who advertises on this site. Their office is over an hour from my house, and there are State Farm offices that are only 10 minutes from my house, but their customer service is crap. But I've been VERY impressed with Carolyn! Highly recommend her. And I've been dealing almost 100% via e-mail, which is so convenient for me.
    2009 Hypermotard 1100

Go with one of the agents that are members of the forum. Not all agents are the same and the last thing you want is to find a nice agent, but knows little about the motorcycle policy.