How long does it take for 250r to be sold out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take for 250r to be sold out?

How long does it take for 250r to be sold out?

Hey everyone,
    I just got my M1 today, I'm going to be taking the course on the 29th of April, then I will be buying a new bike.
    I want it brand new and will be getting the Ninja 250r.

The thing is, I hear the 250r's get sold out every year, how quickly do they get sold out?
    If i wait till after I'm done the course (May 2nd) will they still be in stock?
    Any one know when they usually start going out of stock? Is it closer to summer? end of may/beginning of june? or right around the end of april?

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!

Re: How long does it take for 250r to be sold out?

buy used,

You'll save a lot of money and there is always one to be found.

Thanks for the advice .
    But money isn't really that big of an issue. I want a fairly new one which I'm planning on keeping for 2 seasons or so, and between paying 4500 on a 2009 used or paying 5000 + tax and such on a new one, I dont mind going with the new one and spending maybe an extra thousand.

Any idea when it gets sold out though?
    Thanks!

To answer your question is to know the stock information of every single dealer. Where are you at?
    Just put a deposit on one and pick up whenever you're ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistero2009 View Post
    To answer your question is to know the stock information of every single dealer. Where are you at?
    Just put a deposit on one and pick up whenever you're ready!
    Thats a good idea lol.
    I live in Mississauga, but there don't seem to be any dealers around here, closest one that sells kawasaki's is Burlington Cycles obviously in burlington.. so I'll have to get it from them.

I think I will go with your suggestion and put a deposit down. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood115 View Post
    Thats a good idea lol.
    I live in Mississauga, but there don't seem to be any dealers around here, closest one that sells kawasaki's is Burlington Cycles obviously in burlington.. so I'll have to get it from them.

I think I will go with your suggestion and put a deposit down. Thanks!
    No problem!
    Kahuna Powersports sells them as well and they're in Steeles and Weston Rd area. I think that's closer than Burlington!

No problem!
    Kahuna Powersports sells them as well and they're in Steeles and Weston Rd area. I think that's closer than Burlington!
    hmmm.. Might be. Although I'm in the western side of mississauga, Really close to Oakville.

I wouldn't mind getting it there though, distance isnt really that big of a factor. I work in Burlington so that's why I was thinking of getting it at the burlington one.

Any personal experience from that dealership?

I got my 250 from Kahuna! It's OK, not the best but if you know what you wanna get out it you should be ok.

you do not need licence to buy a motorcycle..
    go buy one right now if money is not the issue.
    To Achive The Possible, We Must Attempt The Impossible.
    -----------
    02 Suzuki GSX-R600 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by hindustani420 View Post
    you do not need licence to buy a motorcycle..
    go buy one right now if money is not the issue.
    Will do.. Just wont pick it up till after I finish the course. Dont want to be driving a brand new motorcycle home and not really knowing what I'm doing.

I got my 250 from Kahuna! It's OK, not the best but if you know what you wanna get out it you should be ok.
    Awesome. Thanks!
    I'll go to both places and see what deals I can get from each.
    I assume they are somewhat flexible with motorcycle pricing like they are with cars? Or is that not the case?
    The price is the price and that's it?

Awesome. Thanks!
    I'll go to both places and see what deals I can get from each.
    I assume they are somewhat flexible with motorcycle pricing like they are with cars? Or is that not the case?
    The price is the price and that's it?
    Kahuna is pretty firm on their pricing for the 250s and they go by MSRP. The only FREE thing I was able to get is a solo seat cowl and that's 120 dollar value taxes in.

Kahuna is pretty firm on their pricing for the 250s and they go by MSRP. The only FREE thing I was able to get is a solo seat cowl and that's 120 dollar value taxes in.
    Thanks for the tips! Really appreciate it!

I'll try to do the best I can

you wont find much wiggle room on 250 pricing. its a bike that has a lot of demand, and like you already know, it sells out quick. so they dont budge much on price only because they know they'll sell it anyways.

on that note, maybe considering a used one isnt a bad idea. as a first bike it will be dropped, scratched, etc.. so maybe a used one first, and then grab a new bike once you have some experience under the belt?
    2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2009 Triumph Street Triple
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
    2004 Yamaha YZ-125
    2002 Yamaha TTR-225
    2001 Yamaha TTR-125L

Buy Used, learn on an older used bike that you won't be disappointed if you drop it or scratch it. Re-sell a year or two later and probably get almost what you paid for it and then buy a new bike with the money you saved.

2008 Triumph Bonneville T100
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Quote Originally Posted by taximan62 View Post
    Buy Used, learn on an older used bike that you won't be disappointed if you drop it or scratch it. Re-sell a year or two later and probably get almost what you paid for it and then buy a new bike with the money you saved.
    Or just do what I did, bought new and treated the bike with the respect it deserved. Been more than 30 years since then, still have not dropped or scratched one.

Will do.. Just wont pick it up till after I finish the course. Dont want to be driving a brand new motorcycle home and not really knowing what I'm doing.
    There are delivery services available to solve this problem. If you do end up buying a bike before the course, PM Infernobuster on this board. His rates are quite reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

hmmm.. Might be. Although I'm in the western side of mississauga, Really close to Oakville.

I wouldn't mind getting it there though, distance isnt really that big of a factor. I work in Burlington so that's why I was thinking of getting it at the burlington one.

Any personal experience from that dealership?
    I just bought my 2009 FZ6R from EnvyRides. I've read bad things and good things about them but most is due to service, not purchasing. I had a good experience till about 3 days before they were to deliver my bike, and the reason is because my sales person left the company (i asked and was told he left on his own accord). Everything went well, but becuase they were short 1, the communication wasn't there. I ended up getting the bike the day they promised, but had 2 really REALLY small issues (missing manual - they thought it was under the seat, but it was int he back of their place - picked it up the next day cause I wanted to read it last weekend/missing tank pad - they said they're out of tank pads at the moment.)
    Proud owner of a yellow 2009 Yamaha FZ6R.

Confused? Depressed? Angry? Relationship Problems? Feeling Alone?

www.HelpingTeens.org - Making teen life easier with teen to teen advice.

Articles > Resources > Live Chat > Support Groups and much more!
    I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.

They may already be sold out if a lot of ppl pre-ordered.

Trust me, you can find a like-new 250 with less than 5k km for less than $4500 OTD whereas the new one would cost you at around $6k OTD.

Plus you can get the owner to ride it to your place for you as part of the deal. AND you don't have to deal with the break-in period. A lot more advantages to buying used other than money.

But if you STILL insist on buying new, then try getting it delivered as part of the agreement. Pretty sure they'll do that for you.
    http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1015/batmanp.gif<--Badass

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

To OP:

why not just go into any dealership of drop the deposit for the bike if money is not a problem...why go shop around for it...

Ur looking around 6K OTD for an 2010...

But good luck with the search!
    Last edited by HunGJaI; 03-24-2010 at 04:04 PM.