problem with my 636 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem with my 636

Re: problem with my 636

will do
    i was just at his shop the other day getting some parts kinda ****** me off because he has a wiring harness and most of the parts i need but he was away and i couldnt get a hold of him so i ordered a bunch of stuff from the states
    looks like ill get the bike going for around 350-400 bucks so its not too bad i thought it was a lot worse

Has the OP figured this out as yet?

Did you by chance have the tip over sensor off? did you mount it the right way?
    Was the bike ever on its side?.... ight it be stuck for some reason, try giving it a tap.....

just a thought.....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Can you describe the sound a little better? And iss the motor actually turning over? Or is the starter struggling to turn it over?
    the motor is turing over.. starter's turning over freely.. jus now it's sounded like tiatiatia thithithi tia, lol somthing similar to that

i'm gonna grab some new plugs and swtich up the gas, n see wat happins hopefully its jus that

Big Pun..... had the same thing on my 636.

CHANGE THE PLUGS - it will start. new gas wont hurt it either....

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Pun View Post
    the motor is turing over.. starter's turning over freely.. jus now it's sounded like tiatiatia thithithi tia, lol somthing similar to that

i'm gonna grab some new plugs and swtich up the gas, n see wat happins hopefully its jus that
    Start with plugs and fresh gas for sure then...4 CR9E is only like $40 and can do wonders for most bikes

thanks every for all the feed back

i finally got the ***** running had to go to the gas station twice because i left gas sitting in the can for a week.. garage door broke.. but finally she's running.. praises to the ninja gods!!!

i replaced the plugs, gas a couple times = started but

it was somthin to do with the choke... it still woundn't start untill i gave it some gas then took a minute to warm up would shut down when throtle was cut.. after a lil it seems kind like it's sounding ight, but it died wen i pulled the choke engager fully off/ back(the round thing by the air box/ not the throttle) and wound't start till it came back to a certain point even while it was warm.. is that a problem or just the bike been sittin for a few months

the choke swtich was quite stiff (and theres some slack in there) took a lot of work to get it to move and it doesn't seem like it wants to move, it's very stiff.. can that be fixed with lubing the cables.. or would i be better off replacing the cable and re adjustin it

has anybody has this problem on the 03-04's

I've seen the cable go bad on that bike before, just replace it.

4 CR9E plugs should be less than $20