Up the enscarpment. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Up the enscarpment.

Re: Up the enscarpment.

Quote Originally Posted by macrider View Post
    Thanks Gary!! now I am intrigued! We love waterfalls!
    This parking lot to the Albion Falls is on the right hand side off of what street?
    Again google map shows the river and what appears to be a dam or manmade concrete waterfall, but its hard to see where the actual falls are. Thanks again for any info
    Albion Falls is at the last hard left turn before Pritchard. It's basically the end of Mtn Brow Blvd.
    There's a street that hooks off Mt Brow to the right, at that turn - it's called Arbour. The parking lot is about 15' before Arbour, and Albion Falls is directly across the street. It's got some heavy duty guard rails beside it - I don't think it's 'signed' but you can't miss it.
    Before the Red Hill Exp was built, that curve was the beginning of Mud St (which ran straight to #20) I'm not sure if they still call it Mud or Mtn Brow to Pritchard.

I hope this works ( I suck at links ) you can see Albion Falls marked out. (just drag it a bit - you'll see Albion Falls marked out)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...06866&t=h&z=17
    Last edited by Gary; 03-24-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: more info and terrible spelling

ridge road is a great riding road just as long as you dont hit parked cars like i did..lol

Quote Originally Posted by sexxxychicgs500 View Post
    ridge road is a great riding road just as long as you dont hit parked cars like i did..lol
    That'll be enough of that by the way

Thank you Gary, you've been really helpful.
    Upon closer looking at Google maps the very end of Mountain Brow turns up to become Pritchard road, this runs under the Red hills parkway to join up with Stone Church.
    I,ve finally got a nice route planned, thanks Gary and to everyone here who helped .
    If this works,
    tp://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=arbour+rd+ham ilton+on&sll=43.19666,-79.818975&sspn=0.000328,0.000858&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear =Arbour+Rd,+Hamilton,+Hamilton+Division,+Ontario&t =h&ll=43.200198,-79.820118&spn=0.000328,0.000858&z=20&layer=c&cbll= 43.200113,-79.820149&panoid=r8ZnoI-Q5rlOFW4O9Z78pQ&cbp=12,158.06,,0,-2.75

you can see a red car in a parking lot. Turn it around, and you'll see a river under the road. Then it just ends - that's Albion Falls, right before Arbour. On the sidewalk, just past the falls, you'll see another sidewalk to, what looks like nowhere - that takes you to the steps.
    (wait for 'streetview to load on that link, mine's a bit slow)
    Last edited by Gary; 03-24-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Jolly Cut ftw..... for the 10 sec it lasts

Actually, it is nicer to ride the bicycle to Albion Fall from St Joseph Hospital area. There is a paved bike trail going all the way up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Albion Falls is at the last hard left turn before Pritchard. It's basically the end of Mtn Brow Blvd.
    There's a street that hooks off Mt Brow to the right, at that turn - it's called Arbour. The parking lot is about 15' before Arbour, and Albion Falls is directly across the street. It's got some heavy duty guard rails beside it - I don't think it's 'signed' but you can't miss it.
    Before the Red Hill Exp was built, that curve was the beginning of Mud St (which ran straight to #20) I'm not sure if they still call it Mud or Mtn Brow to Pritchard.

I hope this works ( I suck at links ) you can see Albion Falls marked out. (just drag it a bit - you'll see Albion Falls marked out)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...06866&t=h&z=17

gary hun i know that will be enough.. i have no plans to hit anymore cars..lol... so when you gonna take me for a ride?

Quote Originally Posted by sexxxychicgs500 View Post
    gary hun i know that will be enough.. i have no plans to hit anymore cars..lol... so when you gonna take me for a ride?
    Again?
    I need a bike that's 2 up friendly - mine definitly is not. You're the only person I've ever 2up'd on a SS bike.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueVFR View Post
    Actually, it is nicer to ride the bicycle to Albion Fall from St Joseph Hospital area. There is a paved bike trail going all the way up there.
    I think the OP is coming from Toronto. Long haul on a bicycle.
    I was hoping you chimed in before I spent umpteen hours trying to figure out Google Maps..........you owe me lunch

Gary, thank you for spending upteen hours figuring out Google maps. I hope you are looking at it in a positive light and considered to be a good learning experience.
    I am going to send you this, http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.c...idePlanner.jsp

It may interest you and I find it easier to use than Google.
    And try not to spend upteen more hours on it!
    If you register with it it makes everything easier.

Enjoy, if you have any questions please ask.

Gary, thank you for spending upteen hours figuring out Google maps. I hope you are looking at it in a positive light and considered to be a good learning experience.
    I am going to send you this, http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.c...idePlanner.jsp

It may interest you and I find it easier to use than Google.
    And try not to spend upteen more hours on it!
    If you register with it it makes everything easier.

Enjoy, if you have any questions please ask.
    macrider:
    Not to worry - I learned that copy and pasting the google map link on top of the page is WRONG....lol.
    I did learn where the correct link is now!!
    Plus I like to bug BlueVfr (he is a good guy, but don't tell him I said that) and he really is the best when it comes to directions. We'll see how good he is with lunch

I clicked on your link. I guess it would be ok for someone with a clue - I'm exempt.
    I've got a Zumo550, and all the software etc. About all it does, is get me home when I'm lost, and finds gas stations and donuts quickly (and sometimes that won't even work) for other riders - but they say it's good to plot routes.
    I've only had it 1.5yrs, so by 2019 - 2020 I may have a clue how to use the stupid thing to it's potential.

Enjoy your ride!!

Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    macrider:
    Not to worry - I learned that copy and pasting the google map link on top of the page is WRONG....lol.
    I did learn where the correct link is now!!
    Plus I like to bug BlueVfr (he is a good guy, but don't tell him I said that) and he really is the best when it comes to directions. We'll see how good he is with lunch

I clicked on your link. I guess it would be ok for someone with a clue - I'm exempt.
    I've got a Zumo550, and all the software etc. About all it does, is get me home when I'm lost, and finds gas stations and donuts quickly (and sometimes that won't even work) for other riders - but they say it's good to plot routes.
    I've only had it 1.5yrs, so by 2019 - 2020 I may have a clue how to use the stupid thing to it's potential.

Enjoy your ride!!

Gary.
    For **** sakes, do I have to come over again! Old people so forgetful... LOL
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    For **** sakes, do I have to come over again! Old people so forgetful... LOL
    Have you been here before?

Hurry back - I'll buy you a Coke.

Ridge road to Regional Road #69 to Effingham Road to Niagara Falls