Ted Rose / Rosey Toes - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ted Rose / Rosey Toes

Re: Ted Rose / Rosey Toes

+1 for Ted. great price and a quick tyre change. Always go to Ted for Tyres!
    Leave him alone Lock!
    Dyna Coils/wires, 750 ECU, Dyna Rev Limiter, Orient Express Drag 2nd Gear replacement, Rebuilt Tranny, Mikuni RS 36 Flatslides, BMC Pod Filters, GSXR 1000 '01 Titanium Header and Exhaust, Oil cooler base Mod,Busa Rear Shock, Braided SS Brake Lines &Clutch Line, Busa Clutch Master, Busa Clutch Slave, FP Clutch Detent Spring, Ape Manual CCT, GSXR K1 Fork Caps/Adjusters, Race Tech Springs,

ted helped me out when i was stranded with chain issues on a friday night.
    x

Dumb Question, but i only ask because I heard from someone that he was having some health issues, does he still have is shop running? Or is it true that he had to close down due to health problems? And +1, he's one of the few shop owners that helps you out to get you back out there and riding.
    Its not what you ride, its how you ride it.

Was their on Wednesday and there were 3 other guys working inside with Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_stunter_6 View Post
    Dumb Question, but i only ask because I heard from someone that he was having some health issues, does he still have is shop running? Or is it true that he had to close down due to health problems? And +1, he's one of the few shop owners that helps you out to get you back out there and riding.
    see post 82... he was open friday night about 830PM. man puts in some serious hours
    x

good to hear. Glad that what i heard was wrong.
    Its not what you ride, its how you ride it.

It seems that Ted is only a safety, tire change, and oil/chain lube & service kind of guy (Solely based on the referrals in threads like this one, and particular posts about that being the extent of service). I know his shop offers much more but how good are they past that? I mean on newer sport bikes how are they for service and say larger things like diagnostic or electrical? If anyone has any comments it would be good to hear because I notice there is very little outside of the services mentioned in the first line above. It is also common to hear more about older bike service than newer bikes or sport bikes, any reason for this?

Disclaimer: I am not making a statement or adjudicating anything, just asking for clarification based on what you read in the threads about the shop.
    Last edited by MTRD3; 07-14-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Theyre good. For the newer injected sport bikes, they dont have diagnostic equipment so they wont be able to tune your bike or anything like that, but theyd be able to repair it if it was broken.

The reason you hear more about older bikes getting fixed is because older bikes (like older cars) can always use a bit of tinkering to keep them in top running shape. Newer fuel injected bikes (like newer fuel injected cars) dont really require "maintenance" in the traditional sense.

Ted is the **** but dont take your injected machine there. They are awesome old school mechanics and live in the day where fuel injection was pro race tech.

I was there today. Great job for a great price. But Ted was pretty quite, must of been a ruff night.
    R.I.P : William Joseph "Joey" Dunlop, Feb. 25th 1952 - July 2nd 2000.“KING OF THE ROADS” Sadly Missed, Never Forgotten.

www.roadawareness.ca

Banned

Good guys who know what they're doing. But if parts of your bike are white good luck cleaning it up after they're done with it...

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    Good guys who know what they're doing. But if parts of your bike are white good luck cleaning it up after they're done with it...
    Just ask him not to use lube! It'll hurt less, I promise (on the cleanup afterwards anyway).

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Just ask him not to use lube! It'll hurt less, I promise (on the cleanup afterwards anyway).

-Jamie M.
    Forget that nasty lube, every part they touched had their hand prints in awesome black stuff

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    Forget that nasty lube, every part they touched had their hand prints in awesome black stuff
    +1

I was using his chain lube for a year and it took me 3 hours to clean all the grime that had built up ... and I still don't think I got all of it!
    2007 GSX-R750 street
    2009 ZX-6R track

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    +1

I was using his chain lube for a year and it took me 3 hours to clean all the grime that had built up ... and I still don't think I got all of it!
    And yet I have over 50,000 km on my current chain lubed with the stuff, doing it the way Ted recommends. I have never adjusted it apart from when the tires get changed.

My bike has over 122,000 km on it. First chain, lubed and cleaned the way my Suzuki manual says lasted 33,900 km, my second lubed as per the manual but rarely cleaned lasted 38,000 km and was done, this chain never cleaned but lubed as per Ted has gone over 50,000 km and is still good. The front sprocket is wearing but the chain is fine.

You can spend time cleaning it or spend time riding it. I'd rather be riding!

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

whats the Ted method? Aside from using the lube he recommends, what technique does he use?
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    whats the Ted method? Aside from using the lube he recommends, what technique does he use?
    His method is to spray the lube into the area between the plates and to lube it with every tank of gas and after rain riding. He feels cleaning the chain is overrated. The lube he uses is HHS2000. It has impressive specs but I suspect that the important thing is how often the chain is lubed. I also think that an oil based lube makes more sense than teflon of wax based as the lube that is within a modern chain is oil based.

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

Thumbs up Re: Ted Rose / Rosey Toes

So I finally went to this famous shop and had a good experience. Needed a simple tire install and brought my wheel, tire and tube. Ted installed the tire and balanced the wheel as I waited. He took less than 20 minutes and charged me $15 cash. Friendly and personable guy.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Finally went to Rosey Toes....twice in one week.

1st time to have him install a tire on a wheel. He was quick and did a good job.

2nd time to certify my VF500. He was more thorough than everyone said he'd be but it still passed. (thankfully)

I'm going back soon to certify my next bike.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Funny reading the first post, Same thing with me.

I used to ride a Katana. When I bought it , it only had 6000km on it and hardly saw the road.( It was a 99). Needless to say the bike looked just off the showroom floor.

My first inspection with Ted, he adjusted the throttle and clutch linkages all for no charge. He also showed me how to use the centrestand that came on the bike properly without throwing out my back haha. Its actually incredibly easy once done right.

Same thing happened to me when I pulled up . He shouted " KAN OH TOONA" haha. Then he said, " Whats nicer than a shiny new bike, besides a nice pair of tits?" hahaha.

Anyways , did my inspection, had he lubed the crap out of my chain. $40 for everything including inspection. Done deal.

Hes great.