Ted Rose / Rosey Toes - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Rose / Rosey Toes

Re: Ted Rose / Rosey Toes

Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    Ahahaha!

No one PMs me when I'm gettin' slagged! What's up with that?
    You aren't pedo bear yet.

+1 for Ted. I've only been to him a couple times but he was great. I highly recommend him and I will be going back when need be.

Ahahaha!

No one PMs me when I'm gettin' slagged! What's up with that?

Thats means your doing just fine... or none of us have found out yet... lol ..
    2007 CBR 125 my Bicycle
    2003 R1 two words (oh baby)
    2003 R6 (Miss her daily)

Can someone give me an overview of the infamous 'Ted ChainLube Method'?

I think its pretty much "drown the chain while cursing at the bikes owner"
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Yea i can say I've had good experience with Ted too. Would definitely use him again in future.

whats an oil change cost and Ted's?
    oo
    <a href=http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24363&dateline=1252035708 target=_blank>http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ine=1252035708</a>

Got a safety for my bike just recently from Ted, he came by my house and everything was done very quickly =)

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORE View Post
    whats an oil change cost and Ted's?
    Why not change oil yourself? From what I've seen so far most people don't go to shops for oil changes...

Proud owner of a 2001 Kawi 250 (low side count: 3)
    UWaterloo '13-14 - Fin. Analysis, Com. Sci. (SE) Double
    (don't hate on the sig...ye have been warned...)

Quote Originally Posted by RLapin View Post
    Why not change oil yourself? From what I've seen so far most people don't go to shops for oil changes...
    Agreed... jut curious as to what people have paid to change oil and filter at Teds?
    oo
    <a href=http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24363&dateline=1252035708 target=_blank>http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ine=1252035708</a>

Agreed... jut curious as to what people have paid to change oil and filter at Teds?
    Call him and ask? Takes like 2 minutes.

Banned

Ted's the man,came through again for me on friday,no bs,just good honest work.

Find out about the filter on your bike before attempting. It may save you headaches. My first oil change was prior to winterizing. I THOUGHT I could get my filter off with my car filter wrenches. TOTAL fail. The filter was right up there near the pipes so aside from burning myself there just wasn't enough room to turn the handle enough to lock the wrench on. I ran out to crappy tire but they didn't have a proper fitting cap wrench and car ones wouldn't work.

I ended up punching it with a screw driver and tearing it / working it off.

While picking up some parts for some winter maintenance, I grabbed a cap filter wrench from the stealership. $10. Well worth it.

This may or may not apply to every bike but it could save you some headaches.

Got some mechanical work done, safety, oil and filter change, and chain lube done by Ted and one of his other mechanics ( didn't catch his name if someone could so be as kind to tell me the other tall older fellow that would be great ). Got all that stuff done for $200. I am selling the bike so I had to get it done.
    2003 Honda Shadow 750 ACE (Current)
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Lime Green (SOLD!)

I thought Ted was the tall older fellow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttocks View Post
    Got some mechanical work done, safety, oil and filter change, and chain lube done by Ted and one of his other mechanics ( didn't catch his name if someone could so be as kind to tell me the other tall older fellow that would be great ). Got all that stuff done for $200. I am selling the bike so I had to get it done.
    I believe that's Dave.

Anyone know if Ted is willing to travel to Markham for the on-site safety/cert?

anyone ever had to push the guy a lil to get a status update on a bike? Expected finish date came, I called him and got a weird response that didn't tell me anything. He said he would call back later and hasn't.

Don't intend to smear the guy's good rep, as it is substantial, just wondering if he has ever been a bit flakey with people here.

Hahaha.. was this in response to you asking if your bike was ready?
    Last edited by sircastic; 04-30-2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Removal of deleted quote

Quote Originally Posted by jotapeh View Post
    anyone ever had to push the guy a lil to get a status update on a bike? Expected finish date came, I called him and got a weird response that didn't tell me anything. He said he would call back later and hasn't.

Don't intend to smear the guy's good rep, as it is substantial, just wondering if he has ever been a bit flakey with people here.
    I've never left my bike there as I've only had small jobs done - tire change and chain install. I wouldn't worry about smearing his rep. I've heard bad things about Ted's place as well as good things but my personal experience has been good.

If you have issues, post more info! I don't work for Ted and I'm not related to him so I don't care what people say. It's good to hear all comments about a shop so that the users here can make an informed decision about where to take their bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My neurosurgeon said "If I had 9 lives, I've used up 8"... when I showed up to one of my post accident follow up appointments on my new bike, he looked at it out the window and said "Remember, what I told you about your 9 lives? ... that'll use up the last one!"

I've never left my bike there as I've only had small jobs done - tire change and chain install. I wouldn't worry about smearing his rep. I've heard bad things about Ted's place as well as good things but my personal experience has been good.

If you have issues, post more info! I don't work for Ted and I'm not related to him so I don't care what people say. It's good to hear all comments about a shop so that the users here can make an informed decision about where to take their bikes.
    Thanks - I will be sure to post more info once my transaction with him is complete. Right now I want to make sure this isn't just a weird misunderstanding.