Yes, I know there's another review/thread on Ted but my experience at his shop was so good that I felt it deserved it's own thread, rather than just another reply tacked on.

I just got new tires for my bike from Pete's and I needed them put on. From word of mouth and here, I've learned that "Ted is the man". So I looked around for more information on his shop.

Searching on the forms, I found the previously mentioned thread HERE and some quick googling led me to the closest thing I could find to a website HERE I don't think this is an official website and information may be outdated.

From what I've read about Ted online, the descriptions are pretty accurate.
He's an oldschool honest mechanic with a sense of humor.

As I pulled up to the shop, Ted was outside with a customer and he said, "KAN TUNA!" (I ride a Katana).
He made some remarks/jokes to the customer and right away I said, "You must be Ted."
At this statement his customer laughed and said, "everybody knows you Ted!"

Ted went back into the shop to do some work and the poked his head out the door and said, "hey <insulting name>, bring the bike over".

I don't know why but I stupidly responded! hahaha There was a guy standing next to me and I wasn't sure which of us Ted was talking to but it did turn out to be me.

So my tires got installed and when Ted was finished, he called me in and gave me a chain lecture. I've had MANY chain lectures before at meets but no one was SHOWN me how to lube my chain. Ted lubed it while I turned the rear wheel and explained what he was doing and why and where to lube.

What did I learn? 1. I was lubing my chain wrong all of the time and 2. I wasn't putting enough lube on. He was using some kind of synthetic lube or whatever but he greased the CRAP out of my chain. What he put on, I don't even put that much on after a cleaning!

Then he asked me if I knew how to use the centre stand. I told him I did but I learned the hard way after dropping my bike twice.
Doesn't matter if I already knew how to do it.
He rolls my bike out to the parking lot, shows me how to put it on the stand and then stands next to the bike while I did it.
I already knew how to use the centre stand but what I didn't know is 3. that rocking the bike too hard and causing the bike to jump back will stress the stand/frame and it may not work in the future.

Those 3 things alone made the trip to Ted's worth while.
Any shop can change tires. Ted took the time to educate me on the proper use of my centre stand and maintenance of my chain. It's like he KNEW I was a noob!

After numerous warning from Ted and other customers about "taking it easy" on new tires, I was on my way.

Oldschool mechanic
Great Service
Jokes
Cares about his customers
Great rates
His office is a couch in the laneway.
Belching - I didn't hear any but the topic did come up a few times.

Google Map Link